Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Robert Huth on the LCFC 2015/16 fairytale

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Summed it up. Spurs were arrogant during that season. In reality they were never near us. 

You're right. It has often been said that Spurs 'bottled it' that season but in truth we never game them the chance to. That's how good we were.

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Loved it. 

The reaction to Spurs lol "We can't let them win it".

Said it before but people bang on about Cambiasso but the Huth signing was massive for us. 

I'd argue the most important signing since we got promoted, Kante won us the league but the Huth signing was the reason we were in the position to do so

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Without a doubt a legend.

”and if you’ve just joined us, we are 3-0 up and Huth is on a hat trick” ?

The quote from that tweet (wasn’t it?) should be printed in large text somewhere in the stadium, or somewhere where it can be appreciated by many frequently. It sums up so much of that season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I noticed that. Perhaps I wasn't listening carefully, but he seemed to mention the press speaking on their behalf as much as Spurs themselves.

You only have to think back to what dicks like Souness were saying to see what he means.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You only have to think back to what dicks like Souness were saying to see what he means.

A good example of the media leading opinion but then taking no responsibility for the inevitable extrapolation that follows... Much like our politicians that pander to hatred. 

• Like 2

I think it was about 8 minutes in when he talks about his arrival and the impact that he made on the club was interesting. It was commented on at the time (when he signed) that Wes improved alongside Huth, that he appeared to have settled the defence. 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

That win at WHL. In the context of how things unfolded, that match was the ultimate six pointer. To come away with a win was massive and kept a good cushion between us and Spurs for the rest of the season.

And big up to Leo as well, nerves of steel stepping up for that penalty and smashing it in.

• Like 2

On 09/12/2018 at 20:03, UniFox21 said:

One thing that jumped out to me was the "arrogance" of Spurs. Top sports players do need that arrogance, but it was as if they felt they should be winning because of who they were. It's one thing we fully had over them, no one expected us to be there and we were giving it up for no one. 

The media seemed to be oblivious to what was actually happening and convinced themselves that Spurs were clearly the best team as they played with a certain style and had more possession. Fans (and probably players) bought into this which was demonstrated during that 606 call with Robbie Savage (the 3rd in a 2 horse race call).

The constantly played Sky jingle (Leicester City, we're coming for you) at every advert break for about two weeks was worth it's weight in gold for motivational reasons. It wound up our fan base a treat and no doubt our players had it ringing in their ears.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd argue the most important signing since we got promoted, Kante won us the league but the Huth signing was the reason we were in the position to do so

I would argue the most important signing ever.

Not the best player ever, but a crucial part of the title team.  Without him there would have been no second season, no Kante and no title.

Is there any other signing in our history that has had a bigger impact?

Stoke...lol. 

I found the value he attributed to psychology telling-the specific use of the word a few times suggested the sports psychologist was an invaluable part of their response at crucial times.

Claudio sacked a lot of people in that kind of progressive sports science role. I wonder how many have been re-hired or at least replaced.

• Like 1