Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Robert Huth on the LCFC 2015/16 fairytale

Glad he was asked about the Arsenal team selfie/the comments after we lost that game in Feb. And the response is superb - sports psychology and mentality is huge. You use that kind of shit as extra motivation. That's what spurred us on. All the negative part of the media frenzy only fueled our success.

And the bits about Wes being a big character, calm and collected in the dressing room, never shouting. True sign of a great captain and role model. Not stressing or panicking but keeping a cool head.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Glad he was asked about the Arsenal team selfie/the comments after we lost that game in Feb. And the response is superb - sports psychology and mentality is huge. You use that kind of shit as extra motivation. That's what spurred us on. All the negative part of the media frenzy only fueled our success. 

I'm sure Huth said at the time him,Wes,Drinky  and couple more players watched the Arsenal players do a mini lap of honour . Love to see a photo of it with the caption  "Arsenal hand Leicester the title" :D

One thing that jumped out to me was the "arrogance" of Spurs. Top sports players do need that arrogance, but it was as if they felt they should be winning because of who they were. It's one thing we fully had over them, no one expected us to be there and we were giving it up for no one. 

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

One thing that jumped out to me was the "arrogance" of Spurs. Top sports players do need that arrogance, but it was as if they felt they should be winning because of who they were. It's one thing we fully had over them, no one expected us to be there and we were giving it up for no one. 

I noticed that. Perhaps I wasn't listening carefully, but he seemed to mention the press speaking on their behalf as much as Spurs themselves.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Loved it. 

The reaction to Spurs lol "We can't let them win it".

Said it before but people bang on about Cambiasso but the Huth signing was massive for us. 

The other thing I love about this (and I think Huth alluded to it, too) was that other teams wanted us to win it, as well. I remember Cesc Fabregas saying he really wants Leicester to win it, not just because of his Arsenal/Chelsea connections but just because he preferred us over Spurs. 

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I noticed that. Perhaps I wasn't listening carefully, but he seemed to mention the press speaking on their behalf as much as Spurs themselves.

Think I caught a similar thing said by him. That all of that was a big push forwards for them.

Also, he really mentioned how much of a calming influence Wes is in the dressing room.