Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

Of the realistic options, he's the best. Although we are overcrowded for central midfielders, he would be the most dynamic on the ball. I do wonder how his confidence would be after the last 15 months plus no games this season.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Of the realistic options, he's the best. Although we are overcrowded for central midfielders, he would be the most dynamic on the ball. I do wonder how his confidence would be after the last 15 months plus no games this season.

And his terrible final season for us. 

4 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

And his terrible final season for us. 

He was probably alot of people's POTY up until February of that season. 

I'm sure the posts on this forum would support that if I could be bothered to look.

Why would Chelsea spend 35m on him if he had just had a terrible season for bottom half Leicester?

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 2

He's barely played more than 500 minutes of football since moving to Chelsea. Not only is that because he’s been dogged by injuries but also because when he did play, he’d lost the magic touch by quite a long way. 

I’ll love him for his time here but he’s 28, injury-prone and has barely kicked a ball in 18 months. That doesn’t really fit with Puel’s philosophy of trusting youth either. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He was probably alot of people's POTY up until February of that season. 

I'm sure the posts on this forum would support that if I could be bothered to look.

Why would Chelsea spend 35m on him if he had just had a terrible season for bottom half Leicester?

You do realise he's not getting even close to playing at the moment?

No where near good enough, he won't be back at Leicester.

We need to improve and move forward and not keep looking back at ex-players/managers

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's barely played more than 500 minutes of football since moving to Chelsea. Not only is that because he’s been dogged by injuries but also because when he did play, he’d lost the magic touch by quite a long way. 

I’ll love him for his time here but he’s 28, injury-prone and has barely kicked a ball in 18 months. That doesn’t really fit with Puel’s philosophy of trusting youth either. 

But passing sideways and creating nothing for 90 minutes does? I would rather go against it.

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

We need to improve and move forward and not keep looking back at ex-players/managers

Nowhere near good enough? Really?

6 minutes ago, Otis said:

Yes I do realise. 

Have you seen the players infront of him? Every single one would walk in to sides outside of the top 6. 

He'll be back at a mid table club like us soon 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Yes I do realise. 

Have you seen the players infront of him? Every single one would walk in to sides outside of the top 6. 

He'll be back at a mid table club like us soon 

I can fully understand why he's not getting game time.

I don't disagree,. but i doubt it'll be here.

I'm convinced it would be a mistake.

- 28 years old, turns 29 in March.

- Likely on a six figure a week wage, so becomes one of our highest earners.

- No sell on value. Also reckon you'd be paying a good £10mil or more for him as well.

- Has barely played in the past year and a half.

It's not even him leaving us that bothers me. For example you'd all take Kante or Mahrez back. I'm just not convinced he's worth what we'll pay considering there's no guarantee you'd get the same Drinkwater as before.

I think we can do better if our scouts are switched on. I did like him but we sold him at the right kind of time for me (I say kind of because it was a bit too late).

• Like 3