Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

1 hour ago, Goober said:

I doubt anyone of them would actually care too much, never mind hold a grudge. They’re  all big boys 

so you think it’s always love and hugs in the dressing room?

i can assure you it’s not. people fall out and disagree with each other all the time. it’s just like any other work place environment.

Edited by MPH

I was against this back in the Summer, as I genuinely thought Silva would be a step-up in quality. That obviously hasn't happened and I don't see it happening now either. 

We really need a dynamic CM with a bit of everything, and Drinkwater was that for us before. Question is, can he rediscover that and is he good enough in our new Puel system? Also, how motivated would he be coming back to the club he left for bigger and better things, having failed...?

Add that to his injury record and what sitting on his arse for 18 months may have done for his confidence... and there are just too many question marks for this to make sense on paper. I think there are better options out there, but I could be swayed to take a punt if it was a loan deal with Chelski contributing to his wages. If he comes straight back in with a genuine hunger/desire to revive his career, then he could be just the player we need for 6 months. Otherwise - we send him back and just live with the memories of him once being great for us! 

I'd prefer we target CM's with more culture and creative flair, but Drinkwater shouldn't be completely ruled out as a 6 month loan option. At 28, there is still a good player in there, but I agree with other people's doubts and so a short-term loan i.e trial, should be the only genuine option for us. 

• Like 1

He's not going to be match fit due to his lack of games so will likely come back worse. He moved on, so should we. We are in desperate need of goals in the side since Mahrez left i'd prefer we focused on that. 2 goal scoring wingers and another option up top. We have other priorities.

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

so you think it’s always love and hugs in the dressing room?

i can assure you it’s not. people fall out and disagree with each other all the time. it’s just like any other work place environment.

Well considering Drinkwater was one of the most well-liked members of the dressing room - which is famously close-knit - I’d suggest you’re very wrong in this instance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

He's not going to be match fit due to his lack of games so will likely come back worse. He moved on, so should we. We are in desperate need of goals in the side since Mahrez left i'd prefer we focused on that. 2 goal scoring wingers and another option up top. We have other priorities.

If you are expecting 2 goal scoring wingers and another striker prepare to be disappointed.

• Haha 3

I cannot see a return here being an option for Drinky imo, I seem to recall he refused to train because we wouldn't sell him to Chelsea, which if memory serves me right meant we made a last ditch move for Adrien Silva and were without a CM until the following January (all for 14-15 seconds or whatever it was). I think if he is making a move in January he'll more than likely link up with Claudio at Fulham. I think the Sky Sports link to a return is idle journalism. 

Great servant to the club when his heart was in it, but I cant see a return being a positive move for either him or the club. I agree with a lot of people we need a ball player in the midfield to be that connection to the final third. 

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not sure its a good message the club would be giving out, if they were to take him back.

'Its ok guys, if a big club comes in for you and you decide to leave, if it doesn't work out you can always come back' 

There's a lot in this. Also the shining example of how the grass isn't always greener. Had he stayed at Leicester would he have got more England calls? He certainly would have at least played.

Must be questions over his fitness.

Shame was a very decent player for us.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not sure its a good message the club would be giving out, if they were to take him back.

'Its ok guys, if a big club comes in for you and you decide to leave, if it doesn't work out you can always come back' 

Football doesn’t mirror normal society though and if it is beneficial I think that would be irrelevant.

There are plenty of examples of things like this happening. With Puel in charge I do think it’s unlikely unless Drinky takes a pay cut and financially it works for us.

19 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I do agree but this is football. Nigel your sacked. Hey Nigel want to go work in Belgium. Jose your sacked. Jose will you come back. 

Let's be honest if clubs or owners can re employ a sacked manager a player is nothing. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Football doesn’t mirror normal society though and if it is beneficial I think that would be irrelevant.

There are plenty of examples of things like this happening. With Puel in charge I do think it’s unlikely unless Drinky takes a pay cut and financially it works for us.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I do agree but this is football. Nigel your sacked. Hey Nigel want to go work in Belgium. Jose your sacked. Jose will you come back. 

Let's be honest if clubs or owners can re employ a sacked manager a player is nothing. 

Aye you guys might be right. I have no clue tbh, was just a random thought i was putting out there. :D 

What a waste of a year that he has had.

Could've easily requested a loan etc, if he was really desperate to play more first-team football elsewhere.

Hence, his stock has fallen due to his lack of insight of whether to go to Chelsea or not.

Edited by Wymeswold fox