Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

Anybody who is against taking DD back cant be watching Wilf's ability to distribute a ball at present.

Or realises that Ndidi and Drinkwater aren't the only two midfielders available to us in the world.

• Like 3

I don't think it's a case of needing Drinkwater, but a Drinkwater-esque player. As much as ndidi and Mendy play well together neither transfer the ball quick enough or are creative enough to do so. We need someone who can pick a pass spread the ball around quickly from a deeper location so we can attack teams quicker. Silva can do the pass, but I feel he's not suited to the premier League because he needs time on the ball and in the middle you just don't get that. Also too light weight. 

I think Drinky has been wasted at Chelsea, but I don't think we should get him in. He won't ever be the same player we remember or need at the moment.

• Like 3

Done nothing since we won the league. Fanboys will say he was carrying an injury through 16/17 yet he’s done nothing since to prove he’s anything like his best.

Sentiment won’t get us anywhere, the scouts need to come up with someone new.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Done nothing since we won the league. Fanboys will say he was carrying an injury through 16/17 yet he’s done nothing since to prove he’s anything like his best.

Sentiment won’t get us anywhere, the scouts need to come up with someone new.

I don't think we should sign him but I think you are being a little harsh.  The season after winning the league he was our best player until the injury.  Still, it;s a no from me.  X

As good as he could be, He hasn't played for god knows how long and I really don't think the squad would appreciate him coming back with his tail between his legs. Whoever said that he jumped ship in previous comments got it spot on. He can keep being a benchwarmer at Chelsea. 

Good player for us but with his high wages, lack of play time i dont see this ending well. Probably would come back pull a hamstring and be done for the season.

Dont get me wrong he is a good option to have but not at the high price that comes with it.

13 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

And his terrible final season for us. 

I wouldn't take him back but this is simply not true. he was our best player until his injury which he tried to play through.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

i think it will be tough for him to be accepted back into the dressing room. He basically jumped ship.

I doubt anyone of them would actually care too much, never mind hold a grudge. They’re  all big boys 

Hearts says yes, head says no.

Although to be honest I'd take anything at the minute that replaces one of N'Didi or Mendy with a bit of creativity.

Think we can do so much better than him now. He's a confidence player and that's not what you need in a cm. We need somebody very consistent.

I understand the sentiment and wanting a similar type of player in terms of playing style, so hopefully we do get someone better.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

His final season was weird. I can't tell if he went off a cliff or if he just remained really consistent yet he looked good in the first half relative to the whole team and looked awful in the second.

He got injured second half of that season didnt he? hip flexor or something - we kept him in the XI and out of surgery so he could help us in the Champions League

Too many injuries and too high a wage, steer clear. I can see the reasoning for it, we could do with another experienced midfielder to spray balls around and dominate games especially with Silva going but Puel seems to trust Mendy enough for that roll and overall Papy has grown into it - its not worth shelling out millions on gettiing Drinky back in + wage for an incremental improvement, if that

Edited by Jaspa