Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

Surely a loan would be a no brainer. With it looking like Silva going in January, it leaves us with Iborra being the only senior midfielder in reality. I suppose King could be included in the sqaud as of January but he's nowhere near good enough and James is made out of Weetabix. 

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely a loan would be a no brainer. With it looking like Silva going in January, it leaves us with Iborra being the only senior midfielder in reality. I suppose King could be included in the sqaud as of January but he's nowhere near good enough and James is made out of Weetabix. 

‘James is made out of weetabix’

lol

On 16/12/2018 at 01:04, Ian Nacho said:

Woah there. Weetabix when wet becomes unbreakable. James is nowhere near as solid as Weetabix. He's made out of biscuits.

Must have been quite hard for Vardy to stomach hearing that he was driving down to London to force a move, after undoubtedly being one of the ones who convinced Vardy not to go Arsenal. 

It sounds as if the club were really disappointed with his attitude in forcing a move and i dont think he is welcome back. 

On 10/12/2018 at 15:58, Stevosevic said:

I've come round to taking him back if we can't get anyone better 

We need a box to box midfielder to play alongside Ndidi/Mendy. 

I'm for anyone who gets one of those two out of the regular lineup. Why not?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bedford Fox said:

Centre midfield is not where we have the big issues, ndidi, Mendy, and Iborra are all solid in there. It's up top we need opions. 

Yes, but Iborra's going - and other central midfielders (Silva & King). We will definitely be light in that area, unless the likes of Hamza get a regular pick, or James makes a successful comeback from injury.  DD is NOT the answer though.

I don't disagree, we desperately need striker options.  Shinji could well be going - and Nacho SHOULD be !

Edited by Outfox the Fox

5 minutes ago, Bedford Fox said:

Centre midfield is not where we have the big issues, ndidi, Mendy, and Iborra are all solid in there. It's up top we need opions. 

We don't have a midfielder that can control the tempo of the game and play the odd killer pass.

That's what we miss without having Drinkwater and it's one of the major reasons our forwards are so isolated.

• Like 2

I don't think bringing back Drinky is the answer. And the reason our forwards are isolated is because we don't really have any. When vardy is unavailable what out and out forward options do we have? Kelechi certainly isn't the man for the job. 

1 hour ago, Bedford Fox said:

We have numbers in there, but it's certainly an issue because they are either a) shit or b) defensive midfielders. We need a top quality CM, a quality winger and a Striker. 

I think a Championship Drinky (mobile, drives the ball, good passer) would be what we needed. He however changed his game to sit and spray passes, which worked with Ngolo but won’t work in this team, we have enough slow people now. Also worry about his fitness after basically a year and a half of no football. I’m sure his appetite is there though (seems to have put on a few KGs...) 

16 hours ago, Bedford Fox said:

Sorry but I think this is very wrong. Arguably our biggest problem.

Let me ask a question. What difference do you think it will make bringing in another striker if, like our current two, they get no service or support?

A creative or b2b CM should be top priority as should an attack-minded wide player. We have to get more service and we have to get more bodies in the box.

Against Tottenham we had lots of balls coming in to the box in the last twenty minutes or so  but with no attacking options, it was pointless. Bringing in another striker would make a difference as it would give us another option like we had before with slimiani and leo. At the moment if Vards is out or that style isn't working we have no alternative. 

Edited by Bedford Fox

22 hours ago, Bedford Fox said:

we have the numbers but we have no creativity coming from there at all

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Absolutely.

An in form Drinkwater is better than any of our current midfield options.

Except he's barely kicked a ball in a competitive football match for like a year, he's never going to be even close to match fitness right now, let alone in form.