Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Brexit - Has anybody actually changed their minds?

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Surely the fact the referendum had the highest turnout for any vote in our nation's history showed there was a huge appetite for it.

When it going the ‘take back control’ lot…. Managed to motivate the great British public with the additional £350m for the NHS…

i didnt detect anything day today before than beyond the political classes want to discuss it…

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Anyone who thinks our economy is "****ed" quite simply isn't paying any attention.

As I said Matt, these debates have been ongoing for two years, probably a couple of percentage of the population have changed their mind (in both ways before someones says we need another vote then). The majority of people won't change their mind, regardless of the arguments put forward, hence I cannot be bothered to sit here wasting everyones time.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Buce said:

It was the poster I was quoting who implied it, not me. 

Pay attention, boys. 

I never referenced or replied to you.

24 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

**** it, no deal. It's the way i always play noel Edmonds arcade games and i got a shit load of tickets once (which i traded in for 4 lollies ad a mini bag of haribos)

With trade expertise and negotiating acumen like that, you'll be in the cabinet as Brexit Secretary by the weekend. lol

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Thought now would be a good time to resurrect this bad boy of a thread.

Anybody changed their mind now?

I still havent. Still a leaver but now just interested to see whether we go full armageddon or with a deal.

Would be nice if anyone can keep up with this shit and provide completely biased interpretations of events. Preferably one from each side of the great divide as this was still the most concise summary and best gauger of public opinion.

I personally do not fear no deal but think the latest deal is pretty close to being sensible.

Just worried our remainer mp's will manage to turn this into full on remain.

Grab your popcorn folks.

My personal highlight was the ridiculous negotiation killing vote to rule out no deal,which appears to have pushed us towards the closest we have ever been to crashing out with no deal.

Classic. It has been a laugh though.

Edited by gw_leics772

Voted remain, now would vote to leave.

I voted remain as I thought we are so entwined with the Europeans that its almost better the devil you know. However, following this whole shambles over the months it has reminded me of what a shitehouse the EU actually is. The way they talk of "hell" and are holding us to ransom is a disgrace. With every passing month something is said and done that makes me dislike them more. The way they are spinning things from quoting the "over 1m march" and "6m+ signatures shouldnt be ignored" is knads, especially as they are doing everything possible behind the scenes to disrupt our democratic vote of over 17m. The way they have basically written up this treaty that May has foolishly accepted and then adopted the line of "we wont re-open it" full stop says plenty about them.

I know plenty of people who were on the fence or undecided before making a decision who have seen how they treat us. The best thing I heard was from a female I used to work with years ago who I met in a pub and as she is from Greece she gave me some home truths about what they (and her goverment) have reduced Greece to and still floods of immigrants are coming despite nearly 20% unemployment and living standards having stooped so low. What intrigued me about our chat was she said she had gone through a divorce and the economic stresses was a contributory factor (she owned a clothing store that failed). She said her divorce was very messy with kids involved, property etc and her other half was impossible to deal with especially when she found out he was also having an affair. She wanted out and ended up accepted a worse financial package than she could have got if she dragged him through the courts as she wanted a clean break and to live again. When she suggested that was like Brexit for us I couldnt agree more.

Get out, WTO rules and lets live again!!

• Like 3

I'm a remainer originally, do have some eurosceptic views and would probably put myself in the middle at the moment. I just want us to get on with it, the way our politicians have acted and would rather score party political points, or try and use this to further their careers *cough*IG*cough* has been a disgrace considering how important this is for the future of our country, the longer we delay the worse the country will get. If there was a second referendum I probably would abstain, because I think it would be anti democratic to just turn round and give it back to the people because our politicians which are paid fortunes can't do the will of the people.

• Like 1

I’ve changed my mind during the referendum I thought leaving was a huge risk, but if implemented correctly could lead to a prosperous future for the uk.

Whereas now I think we’re fvcked.

To be honest it doesn’t matter if we leave or remain at the moment if these are the best politicians we can find then we are screwed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Captain... said:

To be honest it doesn’t matter if we leave or remain at the moment if these are the best politicians we can find then we are screwed. 

This is the thing that worries me, they really don’t know how to lead anymore do they?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This is the thing that worries me, they really don’t know how to lead anymore do they?

Indeed.

Has there ever been a more incompetent bunch on either side of the house?

• Like 2

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Indeed.

Has there ever been a more incompetent bunch on either side of the house?

Nope, vast majority utterly hopeless. 

Even convicted criminals on tag are now voting in the place.

54 minutes ago, Strokes said:

No country or specifically government is perfect but when I look at the Conservative MPs as a whole they seem to be doing there jobs well enough and the country has improved in difficult times, despite all these buggers coming out of nowhere telling us that 500k jobs will be lost just in the two year process leading to the initial Brexit date. We all know the stats show that we are now at under 4% unemployment and recent stats have countries like Spain at 14%, Greece 18.5%, Italy 10.5% and France at 8.8%. Italy are in recession and were meant to be out by now but are still sluggish. We see the French are rioting every week. The Germans who have the 2nd best unemployment rate at 3.2% are also close to recession. The reality in all this is Britain has shown to be sturdy in desperate times but the EU knows that a fudged up Britain (with a disaster deal) is great for them and will give the Zone a boost. If they force us to stay as they have been trying to do since the vote in 2016, then it saves them billions and at the same time sends that "stronger together" message that they spout on about all the time.

As a business owner who also property develops, I can safely say I would rather have Conservative MPs running the show rather that the EU. I know this one subject has caused division in the Conservative party but lets face it, its caused division in families as we all have 100 different views to Brexit. If we exclude the "B" word and get rid of muppets like Chris Grayling amongst a few others, I`d say they are doing a very good job for us. There work has been clouded by the whole Brexit fiasco but there has been plenty of good news in between. If this whole madness leads to Labour getting in I will be emigrating somewhere else. The thought of Thornberry, McDonald, Corbin and Abbot running the show is scar as fudge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

They don’t know how to lead, how to follow, how to compromise. The state of the government and the opposition is an utter shambles.

• Like 2