Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

About 12 months since we last heard that. Then they try to fvck us last day of the window. 

Ffs this is like ground hog day. Going into the window with two games just before it opens. Pep your a cvnt fvck off. 

Exactly what I thought.

Man City may buy a lot of players and spend a lot of money but their transfer fees are always around the 50-60million mark and no more.

I'm afraid they won't be the only club to come looking at our young English players.

Our title win just 2 years ago seems light years away now in terms of the development of the premier league. Something needs to be done or the so-called big six will  just keep raiding the rest for their best players who end up not playing that often and we end up with the same top 5 or 6 year after year.

19 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Our best player on form and throughout the season, first choice England left back and still young enough to improve. I’d say to us he’s worth more than £50m, he’s one of the best left backs in the Premier League atm imo.

I'm not disagreeing with you, he is one of the best left backs without a doubt.

What I'm saying is, he is a bit of a luxury player in our team, what does his bombing forward actually do, when the only striker we have is out injured? 

There is no one to aim crosses at, there is no one to snatch on to loose balls.

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, he is one of the best left backs without a doubt.

What I'm saying is, he is a bit of a luxury player in our team, what does his bombing forward actually do, when the only striker we have is out injured? 

There is no one to aim crosses at, there is no one to snatch on to loose balls.

But isn't that more the case we need to bring someone in who can be at the end of his crosses as opposed to selling & replacing with a cheaper option that doesn't 'bomb forward & cross'?

Not saying thats what you ment :D 

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Exactly what I thought.

Man City may buy a lot of players and spend a lot of money but their transfer fees are always around the 50-60million mark and no more.

I'm afraid they won't be the only club to come looking at our young English players.

Our title win just 2 years ago seems light years away now in terms of the development of the premier league. Something needs to be done or the so-called big six will  just keep raiding the rest for their best players who end up not playing that often and we end up with the same top 5 or 6 year after year.

It's called capitalism. Get Jeremy Corbyn  to introduce a peoples cooperative to manage all football clubs, in a spirit of unity. We could base it on a Parliamentary model, that would work.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2018 at 11:25, sylofox said:

Care to explain this? 

What are you wanting me to explain exactly? At the start of this year we were featured in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe, 7th wealthiest English side and we reported profit of £92.5m in March, £70m of which was Champions League money for making the quarter finals the previous season.

Add to that the fact we have just had planning permission accepted for a new £100m training ground, possible extension of the stadium by another 10,000 seats, suggests to me we arent dealing in Monopoly money here!

Of the 20 teams in the Premier League, only having the 'big 6' above us, it would suggest to me we have more money than most?

Edited by SB87_LCFC

2 hours ago, SB87_LCFC said:

What are you wanting me to explain exactly? At the start of this year we were featured in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe, 7th wealthiest English side and we reported profit of £92.5m in March, £70m of which was Champions League money for making the quarter finals the previous season.

Add to that the fact we have just had planning permission accepted for a new £100m training ground, possible extension of the stadium by another 10,000 seats, suggests to me we arent dealing in Monopoly money here!

Of the 20 teams in the Premier League, only having the 'big 6' above us, it would suggest to me we have more money than most?

Oh yeah that champions league money we get every year. Its a good job we've not wasted £60m on duds from sporting as well. 

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

Oh yeah that champions league money we get every year. Its a good job we've not wasted £60m on duds from sporting as well. 

Can't blame poor league positioning on signing Slimani and Silva, yes you'd expect more for your investment but that's a separate entity to what this threads about. 

1 hour ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Can't blame poor league positioning on signing Slimani and Silva, yes you'd expect more for your investment but that's a separate entity to what this threads about. 

And your reply has nothing to do with what I've said. I never mentioned league position. My whole comment is to do with you claiming how rich we are. 

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

And your reply has nothing to do with what I've said. I never mentioned league position. My whole comment is to do with you claiming how rich we are. 

The King Power Group is absurdly rich.

Just now, sylofox said:

They maybe that's not LCFC is it. Also it matters not how rich they are. FFP says they can't fund us. 

Do you think that Man City make enough to pay 200k a week to 25 players as well as shelling out 150m a year on transfers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Do you think that Man City make enough to pay 200k a week to 25 players as well as shelling out 150m a year on transfers?

No but that's why they look like getting banned from Europe next season. Also our owners would need to put the money in. 

If they did our ground/shirt sponsorship would be a lot more £5m.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

No but that's why they look like getting banned from Europe next season. Also our owners would need to put the money in. 

If they did our ground/shirt sponsorship would be a lot more £5m.

I guarantee they won't be banned from Europe.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I guarantee they won't be banned from Europe.

Well the previous £24m fine did nothing to stop them so what else can eufa do to stop them. They have not bought in a former fraud squad officer to do nothing. 

They are making sure the case is watertight. 

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Transfer embargo like Barca had not long back?

Problem is they would appeal so transfer ban would be deferred whilst this is held and they would stock up in the meantime. Only something like a 5 season transfer ban would have any effect.

• 5 weeks later...

Claude Puel fires Leicester transfer warning as interest in stars hots up

Harry Maguire is in demand with Manchester United among his long-term admirers and Ben Chilwell is on the radar of top clubs too

Claude Puel insists Leicester will hang on to their top stars this month despite admitting interest from the elite clubs.

Foxes' defender Harry Maguire, 25, was courted by Manchester United last summer after his successful World Cup with England.

While fellow England international and rising star Ben Chilwell, 22, is hot property after impressing at left-back for club and country this season.

The pair both penned new lucrative long-term deals earlier this campaign.

Boss Puel, whose side are eighth in the Premier League, is adamant they are going no-where in January.

But the Frenchman admits it could be different in the summer – especially if Leicester fail to get into Europe.

He said: “We have some interest for players from other teams.

“But for something to happen it needs to be in summer window not at this time.

“We must keep our best players because we want to do well this season.

“It's the same thing for top teams – not lot of movement in their squads because they have great players.

“So all teams try to keep their best players to see out the season. That’s why this window is difficult.”

Fulham , managed by Leicester's title-winning boss Claudio Ranieri, are keen on right-back Danny Simpson and Cardiff like striker Shinji Okazaki.

Puel is yet to decide the future of either squad player but Yohan Benalouane,31, is moving to Nottingham Forest as the Tunisia defender has not played a single game this term.

Puel added: “I have to make a decision for the squad and the team and I understand if sometimes a player has some frustration.

“There are difficulties managing all the players in the team because they all have ambitions and we have to find the right decisions.

“Shinji is in the squad and like all the players in my squad he is an important player.

“At moment I am happy with Oka."

24 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Claude Puel fires Leicester transfer warning as interest in stars hots up

Harry Maguire is in demand with Manchester United among his long-term admirers and Ben Chilwell is on the radar of top clubs too

Claude Puel insists Leicester will hang on to their top stars this month despite admitting interest from the elite clubs.

Foxes' defender Harry Maguire, 25, was courted by Manchester United last summer after his successful World Cup with England.

While fellow England international and rising star Ben Chilwell, 22, is hot property after impressing at left-back for club and country this season.

The pair both penned new lucrative long-term deals earlier this campaign.

Boss Puel, whose side are eighth in the Premier League, is adamant they are going no-where in January.

But the Frenchman admits it could be different in the summer – especially if Leicester fail to get into Europe.

He said: “We have some interest for players from other teams.

“But for something to happen it needs to be in summer window not at this time.

“We must keep our best players because we want to do well this season.

“It's the same thing for top teams – not lot of movement in their squads because they have great players.

“So all teams try to keep their best players to see out the season. That’s why this window is difficult.”

Fulham , managed by Leicester's title-winning boss Claudio Ranieri, are keen on right-back Danny Simpson and Cardiff like striker Shinji Okazaki.

Puel is yet to decide the future of either squad player but Yohan Benalouane,31, is moving to Nottingham Forest as the Tunisia defender has not played a single game this term.

Puel added: “I have to make a decision for the squad and the team and I understand if sometimes a player has some frustration.

“There are difficulties managing all the players in the team because they all have ambitions and we have to find the right decisions.

“Shinji is in the squad and like all the players in my squad he is an important player.

“At moment I am happy with Oka."

Why is he admitting we might sell a player in the summer? We need to be saying theres no chance youll get him ever. 

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Why is he admitting we might sell a player in the summer? We need to be saying theres no chance youll get him ever. 

Seems more like he's emphasising that we won't sell a player in this window, rather than that we will in the summer.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Money talks. If a stupid bid comes in the summer for Maguire certainly, and Harry is interested, then it's unrealistic that we would not consider it. Chilwell is another matter.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

What ever people say he'd be first choice for man city. I think he'd want to go before they sign an alternative

He's been here a decade, broke into the team and won England caps whilst here, and he gets to play with his mates under a manager who he's openly spoken about being happy to work with.

Unless they offer something silly to both us and Ben, I don't think he'll be that likely to move, and certainly not in the immediate future.

Plus I'm not sure the club is all that keen on dealing with Man City after they played games with us over the Mahrez transfer (and the Patrick Roberts deal), and messed us about with Iheanacho's clauses. We don't need to sell to them and if he continues to perform well there'll be other suitors for him.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Probably because some sales are already done and dusted but not until the end of the season.