Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

9 hours ago, pSinatra said:

He's got to be worth at least more than double what we paid for Nacho

Cheeky bastards

Yeah we should enforce the buy back option the next time they come in for one of our players. 70m plus they have to buy back Nacho lol

Edited by desertfox2
Nacho
  • Like 1

Definitely a ploy to unsettle him just before we play them twice in the next 2 weeks. We'll see the old 'Peps arm round the shoulder' bo**ocks on Tuesday as well I imagine. Tell them where to stick it.

However, it is mad as this time last year, a £50m offer for Chilly would have had us all laughing. Fair play to Ben for working so hard the last 12 months, came on leaps and bounds and could easily establish himself as England's first choice now.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 2

I think Ben's a level headed sort of lad and will see that playing consistently for us is better than playing every 2-3 games for Man City to cement his place further in the England team - despite the lure of Champions League football and working with Guardiola. 

£50m seems to be the average fee papers throw about these days for players, I wouldn't be even batting an eye if I was Top or Puel. 

Edited by SB87_LCFC

15 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

I think Ben's a level headed sort of lad and will see that playing consistently for us is better than playing every 2-3 games for Man City to cement his place further in the England team - despite the lure of Champions League football and working with Guardiola. 

£50m seems to be the average fee papers throw about these days for players, I wouldn't be even batting an eye if I was Top or Puel. 

If Man City really want him and are prepared to pay big, then he's gone.  

He would be daft to pass up working with one of the best coaches in the world at a club that will always be in with a hunt for silverware.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

If Man City really want him and are prepared to pay big, then he's gone.  

He would be daft to pass up working with one of the best coaches in the world at a club that will always be in with a hunt for silverware.

No I do agree tbf, maybe its blind loyalty to my club that I think the lad is going to stay. 

2 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

No I do agree tbf, maybe its blind loyalty to my club that I think the lad is going to stay. 

I think we all have that loyalty.  Our best players will always be poached but we need to use this to our advantage in both timing of the sale and to attract good young players who know that if they sign for us and play well, then they can go on to bigger things (England call-ups and moves to the big clubs).  

Edited by breadandcheese

Just now, breadandcheese said:

I think we all have that loyalty.  Our best players will always be poached but we need to use this to our advantage for good young players to show that if they sign for us and play well, then they can go on to bigger things (England call-ups and moves to the big clubs).  

Very true, but in my eyes we need to show ambition and be signing the types of players that can push us up the league and to where all of us fans want us to be. Frustrating when newspapers release articles that basically make us look like a selling club when we have more money than most! 

Man city really are scumbags, use to have a soft spot for them when they were the working class team of the city of manchester, now owned and run by scum bags. 

Pathetic thing is they dont even fill there stadium most of the time.

• Like 3

the question we need to ask is, is he worth 50 million in our side?

possibly not i would say, but if we bagged 50 million for him, that would be 1, 25m striker, 1 10m LB and 1 15m winger, wouldn't 3 players with that kind of price tag be more beneficial to us than a young promising left back?

i dont know its a tough one, there have been plenty of promising players that never amounted to anything, i think Chilwell is a cut above most.

after balancing it all up, i would say sell and reinvest but thats just my humble opinion

8 minutes ago, Cujek said:

possibly not i would say, but if we bagged 50 million for him, that would be 1, 25m striker, 1 10m LB and 1 15m winger, wouldn't 3 players with that kind of price tag be more beneficial to us than a young promising left back?

i dont know its a tough one, there have been plenty of promising players that never amounted to anything, i think Chilwell is a cut above most.

after balancing it all up, i would say sell and reinvest but thats just my humble opinion

Our best player on form and throughout the season, first choice England left back and still young enough to improve. I’d say to us he’s worth more than £50m, he’s one of the best left backs in the Premier League atm imo.

23 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Not when they're Iheanacho and Ghezzal

• Like 2

Not even 6 months into a 6 year contract on a decent wedge, for the club which developed him from a young lad into first choice England international. As a club we'll say no, and Chilwell will accept that without too much disagreement.

A few years down the line when Chilwell is approaching his peak and only has 2/3 years left on his contract he may want to move on and I think we'd accept a fair offer for him. Right now, though, LCFC is holding all the cards and can dictate how this one plays out.