Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

47 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Given Chilwells age an England International and he's on a 5 year Contract he'd have to be worth close to 100 million surely.

I'm not sure he'd want to go though given the experience Mahrez has had and Drinkwater at Chelsea. He's a local lad grew up with the Club and always been happy here.

A sale would however certainly get rid of the new Loan and keep us financially stable for years to come. Plus the Summer would give us time to get a suitable replacement in.

I'm not sure there isn't a bit of a sea change going on regarding transfer fees. There's been a lot of dross purchased for a great deal on money and I wonder if clubs are becoming reluctant to splash the cash in the same way. January is a bad time to buy but the number of loan deals seems quite significant.

Probably always likely to be mega signings but not so sure it will be as widespread as we have seen.

Then there's brexit and what that might entail for football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Yes, but do we really want to go back to the bad old days of just being a selling club to keep our heads above water? it sends out all the wrong messages to the big clubs that we will sell anytime they click their fingers. I thought we had moved on from that scenario?

Kante moving to Chelsea hit us hard but after that we’ve learnt our lessons - no release clauses, and no more than one crucial player leaving in a window/season. We also proved with Mahrez last year that we won’t be bullied either. 

Last summer worked out brilliantly for us - by selling Mahrez for £60m+ And the hilarious sale of Musa we managed to finance most of our purchases and allowed Puel to upgrade the squad, which will be a long process but is way overdue. We sold our best attacker but spent very well by upgrading defence and adding a new dimension for attack. 

In the summer if we sell Chilwell (or more likely Maguire), the fee will likely be higher than Mahrez and we can continue upgrading the squad, hopefully for a European tour...

• Like 2

The thing about the Kante release clause is this in my mind.

we don’t have a release clause and he don’t come we don’t win the league no one is any the wiser and Rudkin is spared from being public enemy number one.

he signs only because he has a release clause we win the league and he goes and rudkin is now public enemy number one

so did rudkin have a major hand in us winning the league? Just asking comments on a postcard

No I’m not Rudkin ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We'd be lucky to get half of that.

Admittedly defenders never went for big money until Van Dilks 75 million. But clubs are being compensated to the tune of 10 to 15 million for academy players.

Chilwell has that distinction being with us since his former years. That surely has to be added to any market value he has as a player.

I take your point Brexit will make a difference, it will make it harder for Clubs to bring in foreign talent unless their internationals. That must mean that quality local talent will command a premium. We may not reach the silly figures of recent seasons but I wouldn't let Chilwell go for less than for 60 plus million. 

Personally I'd prefer to keep Chilwell and sell Maguire if we have a choice, As we're covered for Maguire with plenty of CBs.

But while I don't see us as a selling club anymore, I do think one big sale in the Summer could go a long  way to getting the new Training facility paid for.

Either way things are looking good going forward.

While I don’t think we are a selling club (and Chilwell is on a long contract),  if a top 4 club comes in, then it’ll be hard to keep our star players if they want to go.  Would you really begrudge Chilwelll or Maguire wanting to play CL football? 

Ricardo is the other one I fear losing, the rest (inc. Maddison) have more to prove before the big boys will really start to circle.

hopefully we are established enough that a move to a West Ham, Everton etc. is seen as a sideways step.  

6 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

On just the principal of him being an academy graduate, which has been rare for us for so long, I wouldn't want to sell him for any money

I find your profile picture quite chilling....:)

3 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

While I don’t think we are a selling club (and Chilwell is on a long contract),  if a top 4 club comes in, then it’ll be hard to keep our star players if they want to go.  Would you really begrudge Chilwelll or Maguire wanting to play CL football? 

Ricardo is the other one I fear losing, the rest (inc. Maddison) have more to prove before the big boys will really start to circle.

hopefully we are established enough that a move to a West Ham, Everton etc. is seen as a sideways step.  

Yeah but they ****ing won't! These clubs just use their endless wealth to pick apart teams like us, stockpile our best players and leave us floundering with an average squad going nowhere.

Chillwell and Maguire would have a few bad games and be thrown in the bin, just like Riyad and Drinky. 

I ****ing despise the 'top 6'.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ronnup said:

The only thing that would keep him would be us challenging for top six. Building something bigger and pushing towards the top 4. That’s not going to happen. He’ll be off in the summer I’d say. 

He won't and he'd be an idiot to do so. Another season playing every week will do him wonders.

12 hours ago, ronnup said:

The only thing that would keep him would be us challenging for top six. Building something bigger and pushing towards the top 4. That’s not going to happen. He’ll be off in the summer I’d say. 

Really?  Little old Leicester, the Club that can walked over as easy as 1-2-3.

• Like 1

Absolutely play hard ball with this. The money would have to be astronomical for them to get arguably our best player, academy graduate and a young England starter. He’s twice as good as Mendy so they can start there. Be so gutted to see him go. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Really?  Little old Leicester, the Club that can walked over as easy as 1-2-3.

Be realistic. They can double his wages. Offer him champions league and a drone chance of winning everything. That’s just football mate. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Kante moving to Chelsea hit us hard but after that we’ve learnt our lessons - no release clauses, and no more than one crucial player leaving in a window/season. We also proved with Mahrez last year that we won’t be bullied either. 

Last summer worked out brilliantly for us - by selling Mahrez for £60m+ And the hilarious sale of Musa we managed to finance most of our purchases and allowed Puel to upgrade the squad, which will be a long process but is way overdue. We sold our best attacker but spent very well by upgrading defence and adding a new dimension for attack. 

In the summer if we sell Chilwell (or more likely Maguire), the fee will likely be higher than Mahrez and we can continue upgrading the squad, hopefully for a European tour...

That for me is Downgrading......!!!

40 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Both our fullbacks will be in high demand over summer. I honestly think Ricardo and Chilwell could probably walk into any team in the league. Especially Man City.

Schmeical, maguire, Chilwell, pereira, ndidi, maddison, vardy. All good enough for top 6 teams. If we can add a couple more players and keep them together we're on the verge of having something really special. If. 

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Be realistic. They can double his wages. Offer him champions league and a drone chance of winning everything. That’s just football mate. 

He only has to look at what’s happening to marez spending most of the games sitting on the bench, his choice 

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He only has to look at what’s happening to marez spending most of the games sitting on the bench, his choice 

Only difference is Mendy can’t stay fit and there’s no obvious replacement with pep swapping between Delph Danilo and Zinchenko. He’d be a regular starter but obviously hope he doesn’t go! 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Only difference is Mendy can’t stay fit and there’s no obvious replacement with pep swapping between Delph Danilo and Zinchenko. He’d be a regular starter but obviously hope he doesn’t go! 

Do a Levy and stick £200 million as a starter

3 hours ago, ronnup said:

Yeah. Let’s sell everyone and go back to the Championship.