Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very early days indeed, but the word from the academy is Luke Thomas, our captain of the U18's is going to be some player. He's a carbon copy of Chilwell. Another few years with us and then Chilwell goes for £600m and we spend it all on dog shit from Portugal.

You should be our Director of Football - no doubt about it :)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Better replacement? I said someone with better end product, which is something he isn’t good for. Money could be better spent, just look at Ricardo!

Better end product... Name ya man ?

Chilwells end product could actually be complimented if we had some kind of target in the box to aim at... thought of that ?

Ricardo.. As great as he is going forward, his defending at times isn’t so great.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Think there’s definitely legs in the Man City rumours, if we get above £50m for him it would be very hard to turn down. With more recent signings I trust we could find an adequate replacement quite quickly, ideally someone with a bit better end product (not to dig at him too much).

I'm honestly not sure how many better 21yo left backs there are in world football atm. 

Seriously. 

Who? 

For his age he's absolutely incredible and his progress over the last year has been startling. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rigga said:

Better end product... Name ya man ?

Chilwells end product could actually be complimented if we had some kind of target in the box to aim at... thought of that ?

Ricardo.. As great as he is going forward, his defending at times isn’t so great.

Don’t think the target is the issue, more his quality of crossing. Where he crosses from at times is frustrating to watch. 

3 hours ago, Toddybad said:

I'm honestly not sure how many better 21yo left backs there are in world football atm. 

Seriously. 

Who? 

For his age he's absolutely incredible and his progress over the last year has been startling. 

I just think we should adopt a Monaco/Dortmund model to grow as a club, develop talent and sell high. I’m not saying we’d get a better replacement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Academy product, only 22 years old and already Englands first choice left back and some people are seriously acting like he can be easily replaced. People seem to forget the trash we've had pre Fuchs in the position. It was a problem position for a long time. 

Not saying he could be easily replaced, I just think we can get someone else with a fraction of the sales from Chilwell, and it wouldn’t affect the team as nearly as much as people seem to think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not saying he could be easily replaced, I just think we can get someone else with a fraction of the sales from Chilwell, and it wouldn’t affect the team as nearly as much as people seem to think. 

But it will affect the team..Like peach0000 is saying,Chills has reached a higher quality and standard( still learning)...

Replacing such players automatically affects the team.  

This idea is ok if you just want to tick-over,but if you expect the manager to lift your team into regular,consistent top 8 positions,then I expect my club

to fight to keep those type of players...and be thankfull we have them playing for us...

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

It's that attitude that has taken Southampton from one of the best  clubs outside of the top 6, with a huge potential of success... to complete mediocrity and  fighting relegation every year. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

It's that attitude that has taken Southampton from one of the best  clubs outside of the top 6, with a huge potential of success... to complete mediocrity and  fighting relegation every year. 

And the attitude that has helped Dortmund reach the top of the bundesliga!

Dortmund have an amazing production line of talent and have been a big club for years.

Our story is nowhere near there's but their blueprint is what we should try to emulate.

Buying cheap and selling high is great but during that time you have to try to convince young players to hang around for as long as possible.

That means going all out for any silverware you can reasonably get.

That's why our last 2 quarter final defeats in the league cup have been really disappointing.

• Like 2

i don’t think Man City will sign him. i think other top 6 sides might come in for him and i think he has a much better chance of regular football at somewhere like Man United or Arsenal.. i don’t think tottenham will come sniffing and Liverpool don’t have any problems there...

I really think he’s got Man United written all over him...

17 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Academy product, only 22 years old and already Englands first choice left back and some people are seriously acting like he can be easily replaced. People seem to forget the trash we've had pre Fuchs in the position. It was a problem position for a long time. 

You take that back. Berner was a fantastic player. Infact a bit like Fuchs it's a shame we never picked him up earlier.

But you are right in the main lol

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Bad signings and bad managers have done that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Dortmund have an amazing production line of talent and have been a big club for years.

Our story is nowhere near there's but their blueprint is what we should try to emulate.

Buying cheap and selling high is great but during that time you have to try to convince young players to hang around for as long as possible.

That means going all out for any silverware you can reasonably get.

That's why our last 2 quarter final defeats in the league cup have been really disappointing.

There's bit of different between us and Dortmund. Dortmund are 2nd biggest club in Germany and have regular Champions League football. 

Dortmund can pick off the best talent from Germany and surrounding nations. We have to compete with other clubs to do the same. Similarly could be said of adopting a 'Monaco/Seville' model - they are 3rd/4th richest clubs in their country. We are 10th biggest within England. 

It's the right model but its harder than ever for a club they like us to adopt it. I can only think of Atalanta who've done it reasonably well within their country for three/four years. Even some like Ajax who are financially so much smaller than European rivals - they still have the pick in the Netherlands. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert in 14/15

Schneiderlin and Clyne 15/16

Mane, Pelle, Wanyama, Fonte 16/17

There is a difference between selling off a player a season at big money and basically selling off your whole team in two or three years. Add in woeful managers post Puel and awful signings it's asking for trouble.

We've shown no signs of doing anything remotely similar.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's bit of different between us and Dortmund. Dortmund are 2nd biggest club in Germany and have regular Champions League football. 

Dortmund can pick off the best talent from Germany and surrounding nations. We have to compete with other clubs to do the same. Similarly could be said of adopting a 'Monaco/Seville' model - they are 3rd/4th richest clubs in their country. We are 10th biggest within England. 

It's the right model but its harder than ever for a club they like us to adopt it. I can only think of Atalanta who've done it reasonably well within their country for three/four years. Even some like Ajax who are financially so much smaller than European rivals - they still have the pick in the Netherlands. 

To do it with success, I'm not at all convinced that we have to be "bigger". Sure, we will likely never have the same level of success as Dortmund have had, for example, but if we have

A: An excellent youth setup and training facilities

B: An excellent scouting network

And C: Money and a good reputation for youth

We should have success with this model.