Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Not even 6 months into a 6 year contract on a decent wedge, for the club which developed him from a young lad into first choice England international. As a club we'll say no, and Chilwell will accept that without too much disagreement.

A few years down the line when Chilwell is approaching his peak and only has 2/3 years left on his contract he may want to move on and I think we'd accept a fair offer for him. Right now, though, LCFC is holding all the cards and can dictate how this one plays out.

I'm sure you're right. But none of us know the clubs plans are. Or how long term Puel's vision will take to implement. That £50m could mean he completes the jigsaw this summer. Without it we may be looking another year. 

Whatever we think I'm sure Top will only do what's best for the club. At least we know he won't do a Mike Ashley and spend none of it. 

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

5/6yrs ago not even Barnsley wanted our players. We would have struggled to give most of them away. You don't win the prem and finish top half and teams still not want your players. 

Would you rather we were still a championship club. 

That’s not what I said?

1 minute ago, Itsthejoeker said:

That’s not what I said?

I know but you can't have both even our big six lose players barca do to psg. 

If the biggest clubs in the world have to cave in some times we have no chance. Our title and CL run has made us an open shop window. Like it or not that's what happens. 

Chilwell is a young player who still isn't the finished article yet but is playing for England. he will only improve. if he is at this stage in his career as is still very young, then imagine what a player he will be in a few years time. 50m will seem like peanuts in a few years time. if he goes to Man City would he be playing regularly!. we definitely don't want there to be a conveyer belt between the Kingpower and the Etihad with players going one way!^_^

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Man city really are scumbags, use to have a soft spot for them when they were the working class team of the city of manchester, now owned and run by scum bags. 

Pathetic thing is they dont even fill there stadium most of the time.

Im really sorry about this, but its Their*

:D 

things like this are really annoying for me

Chilwell is an ambitious young man

if man city are serious (and i believe mendy is not meeting their requirement re attitude) then he will be keen to go 

as we saw with mahrez, once the head has been turned, its a long way back ………… the only factor in our favour is that we will want more money than they will want to pay 

5 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Man city really are scumbags, use to have a soft spot for them when they were the working class team of the city of manchester, now owned and run by scum bags. 

Pathetic thing is they dont even fill there stadium most of the time.

Don't think I've ever read one of your posts and thought "yeah I agree with abit of that", but i do here.

They do whatever they want at this point, themselves and PSG are walking all over the sport by having an incredibly wealthy country bankroll them. FIFA is complicit not only with the money in play being taken into account but if they tried to take a hard stance they would be harangued by 50 of the world's top lawyers.

It's not like other Clubs in the past haven't walked all over the sport, I still don't understand how Real Madrid are able to get away with making goalkeepers give them free goals at semi and full finals of Champions League's. Maybe it could be seen as a case of better the evil you know.

It's not like I dislike their players either apart from Otamendi, Fernandinho and maybe Ederson - their development over the years and the core group of their squads seem like a likable bunch (Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Zabeleta) and their percieved growth has been somewhat homogeneous because of that. The same could be said of their fans, the core group is fantastic; the tourist lot who plop off at 70mins 3up after grumbling a 1-1 draw off the week before can do one, same type as Arsenal.

They are getting on my tits anyway. It looks like the League will be theirs again and they will continue to grow, it's been a while since we've had a real dominant team in this League and hopefully it doesn't turn into another Bundesliga, Seria A, Ligue 1 situation where a country has to deal with compete ownership of the League for a decade.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

They are getting on my tits anyway. It looks like the League will be theirs again and they will continue to grow, it's been a while since we've had a real dominant team in this League and hopefully it doesn't turn into another Bundesliga, Seria A, Ligue 1 situation where a country has to deal with compete ownership of the League for a decade.

it's about time we have a underdog (or fox :D) come in and stir things up a little, if you get what i mean. :) 

Would love to see Ben stay in Royal Blue..

Sell for £50m.

And Maguire for another £50m.

Get Benko back and promote Elder, whilst using Fuchs in his last year.

It's business, and this is good business.

Hopefully we can spend well now we have learnt our Slimusa lessons.

Need a striker, a winger and cover for Madders more than we need Ben I'm afraid.

Get it done soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Sell for £50m.

Need a striker, a winger and cover for Madders more than we need Ben I'm afraid.

Get it done soon.

Sell him and use Fuchs and Elder - madness.

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Sell for £50m.

Get it done soon.

What's the point in spending if they're not going to be an improvement on Chilwell and also what would be the point in spending money if the new guy gets sold off after having half a good season.

We don't want to be Southampton and the only profit as fans we can dream of is watching good exciting players we like and staying high in the Premier League. Selling/bringing others in constantly =/= stability

All good, completely valid, comments but guess we all said the same about Mahrez and think we need to avoid another disruptive drawn out saga. If Man City come calling he's going to go, it's just down to price I'm afraid.

Very sad but until we can become as attractive as the top 4 ( which maybe will take at least 5 years, with new training place, new stadium, regular european comp) then ambitious players (egged on by their agents) are going to leave and we have to manage this interim period.

I think the club is trying to position itself as a place that young players can at least get game time, which is a very smart way to slowly build, but the problem with this strategy is that in the interim as we try to reposition ourselves, we will always be open to the type of commercial competitive threat that Man City pose.

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Sell for £50m.

Get it done soon.

How is that selling our first team and using little kids as back up good business?

Let's hope City don't do shit house tactics again and make a late bid on deadline day to try and unsettle him like they did last Jan with Mahrez. We absolutely will not sell him in January unless we get a crazy offer of £80m or something. I can see him leaving in the summer though although I cant see the owners selling 2 key players in one summer window. So where does that Leave chilly and Maguire? No way would they sell our 2 best defenders in one window. It is horrible though that mid table teams like us can't build a really good team as we just get our best players cherry picked at will. Kante, Drinky, Mahrez then it will be Chilly, Maguire and Madders. 

Shame nobody ever wants Slimani or Iheancho or James or king etc. 

7 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

About 12 months since we last heard that. Then they try to fvck us last day of the window. 

Ffs this is like ground hog day. Going into the window with two games just before it opens. Pep your a cvnt fvck off.