Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

The Premier League itself is designed to keep the "Top Six" healthy & wealthy. Clubs that try to bring young players along get pillaged by the big boys who can offer wages and Europe. Hard to blame Chilwell & Maguire for wanting to play at the top level but as long as the big boys can cherry pick the other 14 clubs just make up the numbers.

It was VITAL that we finished 7th this year so that we could offer Europe to the players. 

55 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The Premier League itself is designed to keep the "Top Six" healthy & wealthy. Clubs that try to bring young players along get pillaged by the big boys who can offer wages and Europe. Hard to blame Chilwell & Maguire for wanting to play at the top level but as long as the big boys can cherry pick the other 14 clubs just make up the numbers.

It was VITAL that we finished 7th this year so that we could offer Europe to the players. 

If Man City/Spurs/Arsenal came in for Maguire and Chilwell do you honestly think they'd choose to stay here just because we got into the qualifying round of the Europa League, which 7th place doesn't even guarantee anyway? If they're offered a massive pay rise and Champions League football they're gone, they're not going to be convinced to stay by us getting handed a draw against the Israeli champions or Cypriot runners up in August, are they?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

In fairness we couldn't attract players when we had champions league

Yeah pretty much this. Kante left knowing we'd be playing in the Champions League and that Chelsea wouldn't be. European Football does not make a difference. 

• Like 1

I don't think Ben Chilwell will leave in the summer.He has only established himself this year and has long links with the club.I think we might allow one of our better players to go most likely Harry Maguire, particularly if we end up in mid table with little to play for and no chance of Europe.

They’ve just mentioned this on Talk Sport with Tony Cascarino saying Chilwell isn’t good enough defensively!, maybe he’s not seen the huge improvement this season.

Not that it matters to them but they have 2 good left backs already in Mendy and Zinchenko, either of which I’d happily take plus cash should Chilwell want to go.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Yeah pretty much this. Kante left knowing we'd be playing in the Champions League and that Chelsea wouldn't be. European Football does not make a difference. 

Kante looked at the long term chances of regular Champions League football at Chelsea, not quite working out as he thought though!

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

They’ve just mentioned this on Talk Sport with Tony Cascarino saying Chilwell isn’t good enough defensively!, maybe he’s not seen the huge improvement this season.

Not that it matters to them but they have 2 good left backs already in Mendy and Zinchenko, either of which I’d happily take plus cash should Chilwell want to go.

Talk Sport haven't watched the Liverpool game?? Last season I would have agreed, that was his weakness. However this season he's improved massively in that department and is still improving. But they can keep saying that and hopefully the club interested in him are listening and not make a bid. But for me, he's been cracking this season. 

• Like 1

We will no doubt lose 1 player in the summer like we have done the past few seasons but i highly doubt Top would sanction more than 1 to leave. It will be between Maguire, Chilwell and Ricardo id reckon. Most likely Maguire as im pretty sure the reason we signed Benkovic and Soyuncu was for when Maguire eventually leaves. 

10 hours ago, Guest said:

If Man City/Spurs/Arsenal came in for Maguire and Chilwell do you honestly think they'd choose to stay here just because we got into the qualifying round of the Europa League, which 7th place doesn't even guarantee anyway? If they're offered a massive pay rise and Champions League football they're gone, they're not going to be convinced to stay by us getting handed a draw against the Israeli champions or Cypriot runners up in August, are they?

Not what Puel says about mags. He says mags knew he could go in the summer but chose to stay and sign a new contract. 

18 hours ago, Guest said:

I agree with your point, except there is no way spurs can afford any of our players. 

6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree with your point, except there is no way spurs can afford any of our players. 

Ridiculous statement. Huge difference between not wanting to pay a fee and not able to afford a fee. 

Wow me defending spuds I must be ill. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

Ridiculous statement. Huge difference between not wanting to pay a fee and not able to afford a fee. 

Their wages are much lower than most of ours.(clubs not personally!)

Double the average wage at Spurs and their wage bill is still less than Man City.

In saying that I'm sure Chilwell is no different to anybody else with ambition

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

10 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Their wages are much lower than most of ours.(clubs not personally!)

Double the average wage at Spurs and their wage bill is still less than Man City.

In saying that I'm sure Chilwell is no different to anybody else with ambition

The wage bill maybe low check out the bonus payments though. The total still has them top six without lifting a trophy. 

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not ridiculous at all. Whether They cant afford or just won't pay is irrelevant. The point i was making is that they should not be mentioned in threads regarding the potential sale of our players as there is not a chance they are signing any of our top players. 

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Get a taxi to the infirmary mate!! It could be serious!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...