Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To do it with success, I'm not at all convinced that we have to be "bigger". Sure, we will likely never have the same level of success as Dortmund have had, for example, but if we have

A: An excellent youth setup and training facilities

B: An excellent scouting network

And C: Money and a good reputation for youth

We should have success with this model.

Yeah you are correct - but you have to establish that Dortmund will have a higher success rate because they similar have less competition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

That model is working out well for Southampton.

Besides a rocky season it’s benefitted the club financially massively, they won’t have money troubles for years to come; which in the grand scheme of things I’d take with the money troubles we’ve had in the past.

im not advocating selling the whole team, just a player who I think we could get good money for.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Besides a rocky season it’s benefitted the club financially massively, they won’t have money troubles for years to come; which in the grand scheme of things I’d take with the money troubles we’ve had in the past.

im not advocating selling the whole team, just a player who I think we could get good money for.

If the balance is right of course we have to sell at some point, thankfully  we to date haven't been whipping boys to the oligarchy clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

If the balance is right of course we have to sell at some point, thankfully  we to date haven't been whipping boys to the oligarchy clubs.

No exactly! We’ve definitely found a great balance I’m just hoping we continue to do so, it’s only a good sign the top clubs want our players 

7 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Soton will have money problems if they drop out of the EPL.  This is an interesting strategy if you are a Club with no real ambition and want to attain feeder status. Obviously an opportunistic sale, from time to time can work.  Replacing Maguire with Benko in the summer could be a master stroke.  Let’s see.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Soton will have money problems if they drop out of the EPL.  This is an interesting strategy if you are a Club with no real ambition and want to attain feeder status. Obviously an opportunistic sale, from time to time can work.  Replacing Maguire with Benko in the summer could be a master stroke.  Let’s see.

Exactly, key to it is finding an adequate replacement. Maguires looks likely to be benkovic, we’d need something similar for Ben.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

By the way it’s not all rosy at Saints behind the scenes, the benefactor who assisted from League 1 to PL sadly died and the family decided flog part of the club off to a Chinese business. They have never been seen at the ground I believe 

Their business plan basically went to shambles after the death. Doesn’t seem to have the same strategy at the club and even Les Reed left I believe.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

By the way it’s not all rosy at Saints behind the scenes, the benefactor who assisted from League 1 to PL sadly died and the family decided flog part of the club off to a Chinese business. They have never been seen at the ground I believe 

Well they filled a row of the directors box two weeks ago .....be odd that they came to Leicester but never been to st Mary’s ......

Edited by st albans fox

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well they filled a row of the directors box two weeks ago .....be odd that they came to Leicester but never been to st Mary’s ......

My bad then. But there’s a general supicion about their owners amongst their fans. Especially with loss of Les Reed 

Think he’s expendable tbh if we could get £60-70mil I would take it. The Portuguese league may be bang on average but it doesn’t half provide some decent full backs, if we could gem another Ricardo but on the left side would prove an astute bit of business considering we wouldn’t pay what we sell chilwell for 

Nah, I want to hang onto Ben for a fair while yet, and thankfully I can also see him wanted to stick around. Don't forget how long he's already been with us, the fact that he's getting better and better playing here and has broken into the England side. He still can develop further at Leicester, and potentially even win a trophy with us over the next couple of seasons. I don't see why he would want to jeopardise that right now personally. 

• Like 1

I was reading the Blue Moon forum who practically had a match thread on for the Liverpool game...they were all keen on Chilwell, one even wondered whether we would consider swapping him for Mahrez lol

Given Chilwells age an England International and he's on a 5 year Contract he'd have to be worth close to 100 million surely.

I'm not sure he'd want to go though given the experience Mahrez has had and Drinkwater at Chelsea. He's a local lad grew up with the Club and always been happy here.

A sale would however certainly get rid of the new Loan and keep us financially stable for years to come. Plus the Summer would give us time to get a suitable replacement in.

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Given Chilwells age an England International and he's on a 5 year Contract he'd have to be worth close to 100 million surely.

I'm not sure he'd want to go though given the experience Mahrez has had and Drinkwater at Chelsea. He's a local lad grew up with the Club and always been happy here.

A sale would however certainly get rid of the new Loan and keep us financially stable for years to come. Plus the Summer would give us time to get a suitable replacement in.

Yes, but do we really want to go back to the bad old days of just being a selling club to keep our heads above water? it sends out all the wrong messages to the big clubs that we will sell anytime they click their fingers. I thought we had moved on from that scenario?