Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@SouthStandUpperTier @dmayne7

To be clear, I love Wilf, one of my favourite of our players and probably one of our more promising still. Defensively he's been okay this year and, yes, it was a great forty yarder yesterday. 

But let's not pretend it's normal. He's been a serious liability in possession this year and doesn't seem to be improving, letting him know he can be dropped by rewarding Hamza with a start in the league can't really do us much harm. Maybe not away at Chelsea but we've got Cardiff at home round the corner. 

Ndidi gives the ball away with every other pass and whenever he gets in the final third he loses his head and smashes it out the ground. They're both habits born of panic and sloppiness that need to be coached out of him. 

Picking him every week regardless isn't doing that. 

I wasn't particularly hating on him, he's a favourite of mine, but letting him become complacent does nothing for him. 

I know mate, I was just winding you up.

I do agree with you that he's been poor but having been to so many games recently, people turn on him immediately and I think it's a confidence and fatigue thing as much as quality. Some of the time it's other people's rank passes that gets him into trouble then he's blamed for it. Understand that he's partly brought that on himself.

Hamza was excellent yesterday, I guess I just wonder whether he has the discipline to play in the 2 at the moment. He likes haring around which you can do if you have other people covering you.

Bottom line is, we are so desperate for another cm. A well rounded one, who is solid defensively but can at least drive forward. That and another forward/winger type and it could completely change the dynamic of this team.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Really struggling to warm to Maddison, theres just something very over thought about his play and he's nowhere near as good right now as he thinks he is. I hope he can iron that out otherwise he'll be a myth at this level.

I share that sentiment. He seems a bit cocky on the pitch ever since he's been highlighted on MotD and talks of England calls etc, but unlike Chilwell, I feel this is getting to his head a bit. A bit of promise is not enough to convince me he'll be great for us in the long run, but fingers crossed he can build on his obvious skill and become a solid PL player.

25 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Stop cheering when Iheanacho gets taken off you ****ing braindead twats

He wasn't even that bad yesterday. I thought he put in a very decent shift and made many runs.

He has good pace and that he wants to succeed, but something about his anticipation is a bit off.

Quite often he'll be hesitant at key moments, be it running onto a ball, anticipating a pass or taking a shot.
I wonder how much of that is confidence or nervousness...

• Like 2

I am sorry but the sooner people wake up to the facts about Iheanacho that he is not a Premiership striker, Man City knew he was lacking that’s why we were able to buy him from them in the first place. He does not help himself as he comes across as lazy and seems to put in very little effort and has yet to understand the offside rules, he reminds me of a rabbit in headlights with not a clue what to do about it.

However our wonderful manager old Clueless Claude could of helped him out by playing Shinji alongside him. But maybe the best thing in the long run for our beloved team would be for Iheanacho and Puel to not let the door smack them up the backside as they both leave the club A.S.A.P.

The game plan was always to stay in the game first half and then be more attacking second. That would have been the same whether we started with Maddison and Albrighton or not. Actually thought it suited Maddison to come on in the second half fresh having not spent the first hour running around to then be taking off. Albrighton often has a good impact when he comes off the bench. Hamza was good but a game when he has to make lots of tackles is perfect for him, Ndidi was inconsistent as ever and thought we defended reasonably well overall.

Iheanacho needs help though, he is lacking so much confidence that he can't go past anyone and doesn't know what to do if faced with a defender. Didn't see the point of the Ricardo substitution unless he was due to take the 5th pen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

One of my mates said that secretly Guardiola was not really wanting to go through because of the 2 game semis in January. His side did just about enough and still we couldn’t take the opportunity. I can’t believe this manager, the setup formation etc, Please go Claude but I guess club will not do it. 

Where do you start with this kind of comment?

One of my mates .....

... secretly  not really

So one of your mates knows what Pep secretly wanted???????

And from that you have a go at the manager???

All entitled to an opinion but please base it on something a bit more concrete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Where do you start with this kind of comment?

One of my mates .....

... secretly  not really

So one of your mates knows what Pep secretly wanted???????

And from that you have a go at the manager???

All entitled to an opinion but please base it on something a bit more concrete.

This was the view of a Manchester City fan so it’s his interpretation of what their club felt. By the way I live in Manchester so you get to hear their views and their club’s position. I’m not saying Guardiola wanted to lose he’s clearly a winning nut. But he wouldn’t have been too upset if they had lost hence the team he put out and the fact that he wanted to introduce semi fit players back in without breaking them. 

For the foxes it was a chance missed

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

This was the view of a Manchester City fan so it’s his interpretation of what their club felt. By the way I live in Manchester so you get to hear their views and their club’s position. I’m not saying Guardiola wanted to lose he’s clearly a winning nut. But he wouldn’t have been too upset if they had lost hence the team he put out and the fact that he wanted to introduce semi fit players back in without breaking them. 

So it's more believable because your mate is a Man City fan??????

Sorry but it isn't.

It's an opinion based on absolutely nothing.

19 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Yeah, Pep didn't want to go through so he subs on Sterling, Jesus and Gündogan... That ol' trick of playing a weakened side...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, Pep didn't want to go through so he subs on Sterling, Jesus and Gündogan... That ol' trick of playing a weakened side...

Having started with Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Stones and Mahrez, all of whom are regulars. The weakening was Otamendi (regular prior to this season) for Laporte and 4 youth teamers, who are highly rated as is (e.g. Foden). Anyone saying they didn't take that seriously is having a laugh

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Stop cheering when Iheanacho gets taken off you ****ing braindead twats

I agree, but he's that thick he probably thought the fans were booing the replacement anyway.

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Having started with Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Stones and Mahrez, all of whom are regulars. The weakening was Otamendi (regular prior to this season) for Laporte and 4 youth teamers, who are highly rated as is (e.g. Foden). Anyone saying they didn't take that seriously is having a laugh

They left 7 first team players out. They didn't take it as seriously as we thought they would.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

They left 7 first team players out. They didn't take it as seriously as we thought they would.

Well no. Presumably you're saying Ederson, Mendy, Laporte, Fernandinho, David Silva, Sterling, Bernardo Silva. But they played Stones, Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Mahrez, Otamendi. Pep doesn't have a first team, he has a squad of 20 or so players who compete with each other. The only ones in their line up last night not in that 20-odd are the keeper, zinchenko, Foden, Garcia and Diaz, and with Foden that's only just the case. It wasn't full strength but it was hardly the ressies like people are claiming

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If it was Chilwell, Mahrez would have had a field day yesterday. Fuchs was excellent in giving him very little.

As per comments about Man City not playing their full strength team, maybe so. But it was good enough to finish in the Top 4 and probably get through a group stage in Europe, which is way better than us. And we managed to draw with them over 90 minutes.

Let's see what happens in a week when we might play our "full strength" team. I think Puel got the balance right yesterday. Couple of players didn't perform as well but as a team I thought we were OK. Don't think many players could have made much more of a difference. If Vardy was 100% fit, then absolutely, I would have played him.

Me too. That's the point I was making :thumbup:

13 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Trying being on the facebook groups mate, it's a shit show of bigots and zealots who can't wait to blame Puel for everything. Thank **** this place has a majority of level headed members who like to debate with actual facts, logic and reasoning rather than just "we lost therefore puel is shit"

don’t even get me started on Leicester twitter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Well no. Presumably you're saying Ederson, Mendy, Laporte, Fernandinho, David Silva, Sterling, Bernardo Silva. But they played Stones, Aguero, De Bruyne, Walker, Mahrez, Otamendi. Pep doesn't have a first team, he has a squad of 20 or so players who compete with each other. The only ones in their line up last night not in that 20-odd are the keeper, zinchenko, Foden, Garcia and Diaz, and with Foden that's only just the case. It wasn't full strength but it was hardly the ressies like people are claiming

Otamendi, Mahrez, Foden, Muric, Diaz, Zinchenko and Garcia don't start in a City best XI - we all know that and you can't spin it any other way.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Otamendi, Mahrez, Foden, Muric, Diaz, Zinchenko and Garcia don't start in a City best XI - we all know that and you can't spin it any other way.

Which is why Mahrez has started in all their biggest games...

Nor are you getting that all bar those last 5 (the younger ones) that were involved last night are part of peps core squad. They fielded a strong side, pretty much impossible for them to not when pretty much every member of their squad would be the first name on the team sheet at any other club in the division

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Which is why Mahrez has started in all their biggest games...

Nor are you getting that all bar those last 5 (the younger ones) that were involved last night are part of peps core squad. They fielded a strong side, pretty much impossible for them to not when pretty much every member of their squad would be the first name on the team sheet at any other club in the division

Face facts Doc, if we'd played [insert names of players who have been on fire this season] we'd have had 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Face facts Doc, if we'd played [insert names of players who have been on fire this season] we'd have had 'em.

And who are those players then? Because Simpson for Ricardo and Ghezzal for Albrighton aside, of those who were fit and available theres not really anything you'd change from that starting lineup. What it highlights is our lack of depth in key positions, something that's been an issue for years (even in the title winning season we didn't have depth, we had a starting 11 then Ulloa, King and Schlupp would come on)

• Like 2

And who are those players then? Because Simpson for Ricardo and Ghezzal for Albrighton aside, of those who were fit and available theres not really anything you'd change from that starting lineup. What it highlights is our lack of depth in key positions, something that's been an issue for years (even in the title winning season we didn't have depth, we had a starting 11 then Ulloa, King and Schlupp would come on)

I expect he was being sarcastic doc .....

• Haha 1

C'mon, clearly I was kidding?

• Haha 1