Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You say this.  But is it true?  We are showing consistent mid table finishes under Puel, but you're not happy.  I dont believe the players dont look fired up btw, not seeing that myself

Perhaps a slight exaggeration? We've only had him for one season so far and it is too ealry to say where we will finish this season. I'd wait until we've seen out Janaury to say where we may finish.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Perhaps a slight exaggeration? We've only had him for one season so far and it is too ealry to say where we will finish this season. I'd wait until we've seen out Janaury to say where we may finish.

Not really.  Is it exaggeration in contrast to people saying he is going to get us relegated?

Our first season with him we were mid table, and we were near the bottom 3 when he came on board

This is our second season with him and we're still mid table so far.  Yes, it will be more clear how we'll finish come January, but include Southampton and Puel has been mid table for all his 2.5 seasons in the prem.

I was responding to the poster who said if we were mid table he'd be happy.  We are very much mid table and happy he is not

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Not really.  Is it exaggeration in contrast to people saying he is going to get us relegated?

Our first season with him we were mid table, and we were near the bottom 3 when he came on board

This is our second season with him and we're still mid table so far.  Yes, it will be more clear how we'll finish come January, but include Southampton and Puel has been mid table for all his 2.5 seasons in the prem.

I was responding to the poster who said if we were mid table he'd be happy.  We are very much mid table and happy he is not

Our position looks ok for now but the effects of the crash are hard to judge. Football is very much a confidence game and a bad run of results could see us easily dragged down into the bottom 6 clubs and then there is all to play for.

Hard to see much joy from the next 2 making the Cardiff and Southampton games at home vital.We've got Wolves, Everton and Liverpool away as well before the end of Jan and personally I think we will be lucky to get anything from those as well. Potential return of 10 points from 11 matches in December and January. That would be 28 points from 24 games with Man utd and Spurs the next two.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Our position looks ok for now but the effects of the crash are hard to judge. Football is very much a confidence game and a bad run of results could see us easily dragged down into the bottom 6 clubs and then there is all to play for.

Hard to see much joy from the next 2 making the Cardiff and Southampton games at home vital.We've got Wolves, Everton and Liverpool away as well before the end of Jan and personally I think we will be lucky to get anything from those as well. Potential return of 10 points from 11 matches in December and January. That would be 28 points from 24 games with Man utd and Spurs the next two.

You're right its a tough run and things might not look so rosy, but we'll see how the next month plays out

Home games against Cardiff and Southampton are crucial as you say.  We need to do the triple over Wolves :fc: and I fancy us to give Everton a game

And lets see what the January transfer window brings.  I wouldnt be surprised if someone comes in

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

After reflecting on yesterdays performance, I agree with alot of the pundits etc, we should have taken the competition more seriously and played our best 11, what a mistake!

What they fail to realise, due to Man City’s financial doping, their 3rd team is still about as good our first team. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

What they fail to realise, due to Man City’s financial doping, their 3rd team is still about as good our first team. 

I didn't see that yesterday, the second half was very even, some may say we were better.  Having seen the Mancs team perform yesterday, I think they were there for the taking.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I didn't see that yesterday, the second half was very even, some may say we were better.  Having seen the Mancs team perform yesterday, I think they were there for the taking.

We didn’t create anything clear cut imo and Man City missed 2 or 3 clear cut chances. We did put them under pressure though. 

Its just ridiclous when I see comments like ‘if we’d have played our best team we’d be play burton or we’d have won’ etc just completely deluded about the quality of our team. Man City had 2 or 3 gears they could have gone up if needed imo. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

We'd have won in normal time if we'd put a better side out

I respect the logic but there is no evidence of that. The "better players" such as Vardy have been utterly dreadful at times this season. I can't see any evidence that these so called better players would have made a difference if we started with them, based on the fact we have started most of them all season and they've done pretty much nothing. 

26 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We didn’t create anything clear cut imo and Man City missed 2 or 3 clear cut chances. We did put them under pressure though. 

Its just ridiclous when I see comments like ‘if we’d have played our best team we’d be play burton or we’d have won’ etc just completely deluded about the quality of our team. Man City had 2 or 3 gears they could have gone up if needed imo. 

What do you mean if needed? didn't the match finish 1-1 which was decided by penalties.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I personally thought the much maligned Danny Simpson has his usual steady game. He ain’t a wing back. He’s a full back. And remains imo, our best right sided full back,

I was impressed too. Made no mistakes  In a game where you want to contain them, he was the best choice. I could imagine Ricardo legging up the pitch and Man City punishing us. 

39 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think it's always overestimated how well we're playing when we're chasing the game. We're committing more forward to get even. It's always an uphill battle because we need to score a goal. It's hard to say we had the same intensité at 0-0 and 1-1 as 0-1. The game changes with the score.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ahhah...you only think they were for the taking...!!:P

8 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

So it's more believable because your mate is a Man City fan??????

Sorry but it isn't.

It's an opinion based on absolutely nothing.

hackney- yes it’s an opinion; which is what the forum is about. You don’t hold the monopoly on truth do you.?

Still can't get my round we did exactly the same last season.

We could have beat Bristol City and all gone to Wembley in a nothing season and had a great boo's up and a sing song. All hail Puel!

Unless the thinking was "I know! lets do exactly the same. It's the last thing they'll expect."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Still can't get my round we did exactly the same last season.

We could have beat Bristol City and all gone to Wembley in a nothing season and had a great boo's up and a sing song. All hail Puel!

Unless the thinking was "I know! lets do exactly the same. It's the last thing they'll expect."

Yes why don’t we try the same plan as last season leaving our better players on the bench, against the same side playing the same way; BUT this time we will get a different result! 

No; it’s the first sign of managerial madness Claude.