Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

15 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Had we put out a half decent team we could have won that. It's the 3rd quarter final he's bottled :mellow:

I don’t think you can say that. He put out a first choice team against Chelsea. All three games were decided by players being ****ing stupid. 

Ive gone through the team on my way back and there’s no a lot of room to alter the team which could have a huge impact - 

Schmeichel - yeah he’s keeping a no 2 keeper happy 

Morgan - argument to say he should play 

Pereira - probably more useful to have Simpson in today 

Chilwell - injured

Mendy - we’ve crying out for weeks not play that double defensive midfield set up 

Vardy - injured 

His big mistake was not playing the link midfielder which isolated Okazaki and was bid for defensive security.....which once we lost we did look better. 

Much of muchness across the board. Give someone like Gray their due tonight, played with confidence and a maturity I hadn’t seen before 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Crap penos but I thought we played really well and grew into the game. 1-1 at full time against the best team in the league is nothing to be sniffed at. Iheanacho needs to go, he’s pretty useless as a striker, slow  lazy and never offered an outlet as he was always offside. Looked pissed or on drugs to me. If we could fix that problem and keep Morgan away from the side we could start competing again.

again i digress. iheanacho isn't a lone striker. when he got given the ball he had no support and had to try and pass it sideways or shoot from distance. i believe in a front 2 as the advanced forward "finisher" he would be alot better. when did u ever see him get the ball run dribble and score at man city. it was always put on a plate for him at man city. in a gd passing forward thinking team he would be half decent.

Just now, simon matts said:

I agree, team selection yet again let us down in the first half. Puel resting players to win the league !!!! Get rid of him now as we are going only one way with him in charge. Clueless and to rest Vardy because he was tired is a joke.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Feels like the same story over again as last year. Surely it is beholden upon the manager to play the very best side you can at this stage of a cup competition and play them from the start,

A missed opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This 1 million %

If CP wanted to take it seriously we would of won tonight's game 

Who would you have changed from our starting 11? 

The only 2 I can see was Simmo and Ghezzal. 

2 players don't suddenly make it a hugely weaker team. 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

With what!!!  If you hadn't noticed,we ain't got anybody!!

For starters he could of started Ricardo for Simpson with Albrighton for gazelle.

Okazaki should of started ahead of ihanacho.

Maddison should of started ahead of iborra.

The only good thing I can give CP is Hamza he was fantastic tonight 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Yes I would very much agree. I am sometimes quite harsh on the player, but for his age he is actually very good especially for someone for whom it's their debut season.

But we need more players like him! Otherwise it's mediocre city for us. The only other player I give any credit to is Gray. I know his decision making is poor at the best of times, but this season he's always putting in a ton of effort, runs the channels and is prepared to take his man on. Mahrez he is not, but at least he has a good attitude. That's another thing I want to see, players who want to try things. Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo, Albrighton and Gray are the only ones that do and none of them are really brilliant at it.

I do think (and maybe it's the blind optimism in me) that if we could line up with Chilly and Ricardo as full-backs, one of Choudhury/Ndidi/Mendy if they were all on form alongside someone else positive on the ball and able to maintain composure in the face of pressing, as well as Gray, Maddison and maybe Albrighton with a fully fit and firing Vardy up top, we don't look a half bad side at all. Though of course it says a lot that there's at least 3 caveats there with injuries, a new CM and just in general a better squad balance with either a better backup striker or a backup formation that actually allows Iheanacho to play the way he excels.

Hate the way we set up for this.  We had 13% possession in the first quarter hour.  If this was Claude's much vaunted plan it was a total flop and deserved to be.

Second half showed that we could compete in this game.  Why the hell didn't we just go for it?  

• Like 3

Lucky to have gotten the draw. Caglar looks almost as good as Morgan on the ball. Too much dilly dallying at the back.

Also too many sideways backwards passes from decent wide positions all the way back to goalie a few times. 

The formation just don't work. Pointless playing wingers when only nacho in the box. And he can't head for toffee. He's too lightweight and can't hold up anything. 

Can't see beyond two more defeats. 

Maguire played well. I thought gray had reasonable game. Like Ricardo in attacking areas.

Sorry but puel has to go. I reckon come Jan it may happen if we put in more disjointed showings over the coming month.

Oh and don't even get me started on those stupid penalties with the silly run ups...

No shame in that side losing on penalties. However there's great shame in not putting your best possible team out and having a good go. This was a golden opportunity for the manager to get us into the semi finals of a cup competition and then who knows? If he won a trophy with us, his reign as Leicester manager would be held in much much higher regard. He's become harder and harder to defend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

No shame in that side losing on penalties. However there's great shame in not putting your best possible team out and having a good go. This was a golden opportunity for the manager to get us into the semi finals of a cup competition and then who knows? If he won a trophy with us, his reign as Leicester manager would be held in much much higher regard. He's become harder and harder to defend. 

Would it?

2 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Lucky to have gotten the draw. Caglar looks almost as good as Morgan on the ball. Too much dilly dallying at the back.

Also too many sideways backwards passes from decent wide positions all the way back to goalie a few times. 

The formation just don't work. Pointless playing wingers when only nacho in the box. And he can't head for toffee. He's too lightweight and can't hold up anything. 

Can't see beyond two more defeats. 

Maguire played well. I thought gray had reasonable game. Like Ricardo in attacking areas.

Sorry but puel has to go. I reckon come Jan it may happen if we put in more disjointed showings over the coming month.

Oh and don't even get me started on those stupid penalties with the silly run ups...

I'm not really a stats person but when Sky popped the stat up towards the end of the first half showing Danny Ward as making the most passes for Leicester, well it spoke volumes.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm so confused we played really well against a top top team. Got to penalties and they were terrible.

I thought Puel had a good game and the subs made the right impact, we can't blame him for those crappy penalties can we?

But we can blame him for putting that starting 11 out. He can get in the bin for that.

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He looked so promising during preseason. I know, I know, that was preseason. But I think there's a good player in there somewhere.

What happened to the so called “ Italian Vardy “ we have apparently signed this week when do we get to see him in action?

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think you can say that. He put out a first choice team against Chelsea. All three games were decided by players being ****ing stupid. 

Ive gone through the team on my way back and there’s no a lot of room to alter the team which could have a huge impact - 

Schmeichel - yeah he’s keeping a no 2 keeper happy 

Morgan - argument to say he should play 

Pereira - probably more useful to have Simpson in today 

Chilwell - injured

Mendy - we’ve crying out for weeks not play that double defensive midfield set up 

Vardy - injured 

His big mistake was not playing the link midfielder which isolated Okazaki and was bid for defensive security.....which once we lost we did look better. 

Much of muchness across the board. Give someone like Gray their due tonight, played with confidence and a maturity I hadn’t seen before 

Stringer and co stated Vardy not injured ??

Poor team selection and to not even have Vardy on the bench because he needed "resting" confirms to me that Puel doesn't know what he's doing and the sooner he goes the better. Much improved 2nd half performance but we could have won that in 90 mins with the likes of Ricardo, Albrighton and Maddison in the starting line up. Great performance from Choudhary.