Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

36 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I'm more frustrated by the team selection than then penalties. That's the easier of the two to get right.

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Who would you have changed from our starting 11? 

The only 2 I can see was Simmo and Ghezzal. 

2 players don't suddenly make it a hugely weaker team. 

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Needed to rest because he's still recovering from an injury and isn't at the point of playing 4 games in 11 days yet.

The team doctor has joined us !!!!

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve had the unpleasant experience of meeting the bloke - he’s so arrogant and narcissistic, he wants to source his own stories in some mad hope that 5Live have him on the next day. 

He needs to remember the BBC Leithian values. There’s a place for the ilk of Stringer and it’s not on the BBC. 

Would like this, but ran out of reaction for today!

Have heard things of him spending more time holiday shopping than actually working... 

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:
Analysis of tonight -

As a team:
Overall I thought we played well and had them pinned back on the counter many times, they put us under pressure but looking at their squad it really is not surprising. In terms of performance I was pleased, off the ball transitions were good, players tried to create spaces for eachother (which is not easy against a side this good) and we moved the play around sensibly, first half we had no clinical edge and really struggled to get it into iheanacho in space and were closed down very quickly by the high press. Second half I thought we dominated large parts of the game and the substitutes really made a difference and we had them very worried.

Individually:

Claude Puel - Really pleased with him tonight, he changed formation and tactics as were required, we soaked up pressure well in defence and pressed forward on attack well, he made the right subs at the right time and very nearly pulled off a great win with a weaker squad against one of the best teams in the world, some short disappointing periods in the first half when soaking up pressure but overall we looked well drilled and our positioning in transition looked good. His reaction to the goal was great, so much passion and I really feel he believes in his players and the club. I'm still Puel in.

Ward - Did well tonight and made some good saves, was helping organise the defence often

Simpson - Did okay, did not really do much at either end but covered himself well.

Maguire - Bit of pressure tonight as the captain and looked comfortable

Soyuncu - A few dodgy moments and never really looked settled but he got the job done - Needs time

Fuchs - Did well in the tackle but his passing was utterly atrocious tonight, really let himself down in that regard and that penalty........ Chilwell is definitely #1

Ghezzal - Spent his time on the pitch completely isolated with most of the play in the middle and on the other side of the pitch, could not do much but moved into spaces and tried to make tackles

Choudhury - Played really well overall although he did make a few mistakes in the game, needs time but should definitely be fighting for a first team place based on tonight.

Iborra - Was okay, really did not do much, was slightly more effective playing behind Iheanacho than in midfield where he was largely a passenger (KDB is unplayable let's be honest)

Ndidi - Another that had an okay game, was solid in the tackle but passing let him down a few times tonight, did not really do much in the transition.

Gray - One of our brightest players, moved well into channels and created space, and to my shock left walker for dead in a race??? I knew he was quick but **** me!

Iheanacho - Really disappointing, He's probably kicking himself tonight, reports and rumours suggest he's great in training but just cannot do it on the pitch, not good enough at present.

Subs:
Albrighton - what a goal, energised and creative, ran at players and had confidence, passing was great and changed the dynamic of the game

Maddison - Did fine, not much to note as he was so crowded out in the midfield but he held the ball well and tried to create space with quick passes

Ricardo - Him and albrighton worked well together and really lit the game up, did well.

The penalties
****ing disgraceful.

Absolute work of fiction.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tanner confirmed that he wasn’t fit enough and resting. Basically as others have said off an injury.

We saw Vardy pull his groin against Watford. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a procedure in the post Christmas gap, like he did in the winning season. 

14 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

But they fielded a weakened team, not one of the best in the world on the pitch tonight and we should have gone out all with our strongest side. Deja vu from last season.

Bit harsh on De Bruyne,  Aguero, Otamendi, Mahrez, Stones and Walker.

• Haha 1

If we played like we did for the last half an hour we could have beat them outright. Strange decision for me to take Iborra, the most creative central midfielder we have, leaving two defensive minded players on the pitch when we were losing. I think Iheanacho gets unnecessary stick. Although he's lacking confidence, the system simply did not suit him tonight, with nobody being within 25 yards of him. 

2 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

You may well be correct. Annoying as it may be though it's still a valid point.

Our team is just so average. Watching albrighton & Gray is upsetting. Mahrez and Vardy were what made us different from the other mid table sides. Now Mahrez has gone & Vardy seems to be injured all the time. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

It doesnt matter how much ability Gray potentially might have, if his end product stays the same then he isnt going to go anywhere. He needs to start showing that kind of intent in the league games against your Palaces and Cardiffs too. Maddison has obviously been alot better but hes in a similar mindset of thinking he is playing for the shop window of a big 6 team eventually and just coasts through phases in games.

I ****ing love Albrighton. What a player he has been for us. I hope in 10-20 years we are still talking about him alongside anyone else from this era. The man has been an absolute legend for us. 

I cant fault our second half display. Looked up for it and gave them a proper game. Hamza looked really promising too.

On a side note i am absolutely ****ing sick of Sky's coverage of Man City. Yes, we get it, they are one of the best teams in the world but anyone would have thought they were 8-0 up the way they kept talking about them. Bellamy seen no way back for us at 1-0 ffs. Andy Hinchcliffe on commenatry and Bellamy in the studio. Really great unbiased coverage again. Said it all the other week when they handpicked Watford vs Man city, with the same fixture last year being 6-0. It isnt enteratinment to watch a couple of teams run away with the league because of all the money theyve spent and then have TV wank them off for 90 minutes every time they play. The games going to shit

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Our team is just so average. Watching albrighton & Gray is upsetting. Mahrez and Vardy were what made us different from the other mid table sides. Now Mahrez has gone & Vardy seems to be injured all the time. 

Albrighton and Gray for me have been a couple of bright sparks for me? They have their limitations, sure, but I can't imagine what you think of the rest of the team if they're the ones you find upsetting!

Many different scenarios could have seen us won today

- Had Vardy not been injured (just heard he was rested !?!?!?!?!?!)

- Had our best starting eleven played

- Had we not got rid of two strikers in the summer

- Had we not have made defenders take the penalties

Ultimately we lost there's always the FA cup which the law averages would have us win in now if we reach the finals seeing as we've been in 4 of them and not won.

Edited by Fightforever
In bold

7 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Albrighton and Gray for me have been a couple of bright sparks for me? They have their limitations, sure, but I can't imagine what you think of the rest of the team if they're the ones you find upsetting!

they are part of the problem - how many goals have they scored this season? 2 or 3 between them. Just isn’t good enough. 

36 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

An 11 was chosen. Regardless of what you think about the decision, that 11 (and subs) drew 1-1 with Man City. 

the players are at fault for the penalties. 

there’s no guarantee that we would have even made it to penalties with a different team. 

Give credit where it’s due. We’re all uncertain about Puel but people are just finding reasons to blame him for everything, it’s becoming boring.

Trying being on the facebook groups mate, it's a shit show of bigots and zealots who can't wait to blame Puel for everything. Thank **** this place has a majority of level headed members who like to debate with actual facts, logic and reasoning rather than just "we lost therefore puel is shit"

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

they are part of the problem - how many goals have they scored this season? 2 or 3 between them. Just isn’t good enough. 

I agree that we need more of an output from them, but I think there's a more systemic problem than that Gray and Albrighton aren't good enough. We just don't create enough chances all around the board to kick on and get to the next level - currently we're far too reliant on Vardy to score goals, and it shows when he's off-form or out of the team that we lack another gameplan for how to create decent chances. That buck in my opinion isn't at individual players so much as the system we play itself.

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Respectfully.

Saying Vardy's injured 'all the time' is not really true is it. On the contrary, it's remarkable just how few games he's missed over his LCFC career. 

Having said that if we were to analyse the last 2/3 months only, then yes that would seem the case.

While I'm in a 'cup half full' mood. Being average in the Prem isn't the worst thing in the world. Doesn't mean I'll settle for it long term, but can tolerate as long as our general theme is one of growth over regression.

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Well thanks for your thought out, reasoned and logical post in response, I guess that's me told then. I take back everything I said. Puel out. 

Personally I love that by his logic here, you saying the penalties were a ****ing disgrace is also a work of fiction ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Anglodanglo said:

Saying Vardy's injured 'all the time' is not really true is it. On the contrary, it's remarkable just how few games he's missed over his LCFC career. 

Having said that if we were to analyse the last 2/3 months only, then yes that would seem the case.

Almost like they said now to indicate something which has become the case but wasn't before...