Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Absolute passenger tonight.

If you didn’t notice it at the time, watch it back and see where he was when the centre halves had the ball. He was hiding and not making angles for a pass or demanding the ball. It was the same against Chelsea.

To be a viable option longer-term he needs to grow some balls. Make things tick, demand the ball and move around the park to get into spaces to be an option for your team mates in possession.

I like him. But he’s in danger of only being useful in a game where we fear the opposition and want to sure up the midfield (which, where we’re trying to head, won’t be often).

I've said this time and again. It's a recurring theme in pretty much every game he plays.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I've not quite understood the excitement about him. He tackles hard, but in every other aspect he's pretty average. He is a very poor man's Ndidi. I think a fit Mendy is a better player. He could improve if he plays week in week out. But he needs to do more to influence forward Play.

Nearly every defensive midfielder in the world is a very poor man’s Ndidi.

I was really excited about Hamza at the start of the season. Now I see him as a good replacement when Ndidi is injured. But he’s obviously still young and will develop further.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If you didn’t notice it at the time, watch it back and see where he was when the centre halves had the ball. He was hiding and not making angles for a pass or demanding the ball. It was the same against Chelsea.

To be a viable option longer-term he needs to grow some balls. Make things tick, demand the ball and move around the park to get into spaces to be an option for your team mates in possession.

I like him. But he’s in danger of only being useful in a game where we fear the opposition and want to sure up the midfield (which, where we’re trying to head, won’t be often).

Yep. He didn't want to involve himself at all. Looks to be suffering from a serious lack of confidence. Was a ghost tonight.

5 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Yep. He didn't want to involve himself at all. Looks to be suffering from a serious lack of confidence. Was a ghost tonight.

I think he’s suffering from becoming known as a dangerous tackler and being in the shadow one of the longest standing first teamer who’s integral to the team and a world beater. I honestly wouldn’t mind loaning him to a prem team if we can find a decent backup for Ndidi. He’ll only improve with the game time which except for injury may be thin on the ground.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I think he’s suffering from becoming known as a dangerous tackler and being in the shadow one of the longest standing first teamer who’s integral to the team and a world beater. I honestly wouldn’t mind loaning him to a prem team if we can find a decent backup for Ndidi. He’ll only improve with the game time which except for injury may be thin on the ground.

Don’t disagree at all. A full season at a Bournemouth/Watford/Villa for eg could do him the world of good. He’d get a chance to try and fail time and again to get it right and find some form. Unfortunately we haven’t got room to let someone develop properly this season in this present situation because it’s too important. (See also Barnes)

Praise the lord that Wilf is back and may he stay fit til the end of the season.

He’s got a massive job on and a massive pair of boots to fill, we all know we’ve got some mouth breathers on here who for whatever reason (more than likely that they know nothing about football, really like internet drama and are banned from general chat) think he isn’t coming in to do the same job as Ndidi, when he clearly is. And he’s nowhere near the level, but it’s unfair to ask him to be.

I don’t think he was that bad tonight relatively speaking, kept it clean which is always a start for him, and didn’t do a massive amount wrong even if his positioning could of been better.  Our forward players who individually all seemed to exhibit their failings at the wrong time are the reason we didn’t register a goal tonight.

We just rely on Ndidi, he’s more important to this current side than Vardy is and the club needs to do everything possible to hold on to him for as long as possible. Because when he goes he’ll be an impossible void to fill, we could probably sign someone marginally better than Hamza  in attempt to do so but the results won’t be vastly different.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s got a massive job on and a massive pair of boots to fill, we all know we’ve got some mouth breathers on here who for whatever reason (more than likely that they know nothing about football, really like internet drama and are banned from general chat) think he isn’t coming in to do the same job as Ndidi, when he clearly is. And he’s nowhere near the level, but it’s unfair to ask him to be.

I don’t think he was that bad tonight relatively speaking, kept it clean which is always a start for him, and didn’t do a massive amount wrong even if his positioning could of been better.  Our forward players who individually all seemed to exhibit their failings at the wrong time are the reason we didn’t register a goal tonight.

We just rely on Ndidi, he’s more important to this current side than Vardy is and the club needs to do everything possible to hold on to him for as long as possible. Because when he goes he’ll be an impossible void to fill, we could probably sign someone marginally better than Hamza  in attempt to do so but the results won’t be vastly different.

he played 66 mins

didnt make a tackle

gave the ball away 

1 interception

1 clearance

Ndidi came on for 24 mins

1 tackle

4 interceptions

Choudary is ok for closing games out last 10-15 mins

should never be starting

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Spot on.

He offers nothing to the defenders, and he's been like this since the moment he broke into the first team a few seasons ago. Although his passing has improved since Rodgers took over, he still plays too safe in possession and doesn't look forward and never demands the ball from other players. Wilf made a big difference when he came on but we need more from Hamza. 

He’s progressing year on year, has some good and some bad games but overall I think we can be pleased with him. I think the problem still lies with his position is he box to box or a holding midfielder? He has attributes to suit both but not shown enough to excel in one of them positions just yet. If he’s okay with playing second fiddle to Ndidi for the time being I’m very very happy to keep him in the first team squad next year rather than loaning him out.

On 19/02/2020 at 22:32, Lambert09 said:

The issue he now has, is that refs are looking at him. After the media comments by Klopp and Bruce some will have it in his head he is dirty. 

He’s going to get judged a little harsher, it’s always the way. 

He is rash though. Maybe it comes with experience but he goes around diving into tackles. 

.. we are getting fixated with his role as an midfield enforcer!! 

He really is not that player and should he for some reason keep playing that role, he is doing a disservice to himself. The tackling is a small part of his game but it now seems expected of him as if that's all he brings to the game. 

He is more tactically aware and astute, but one moment in a game, seems to have defined him, and I, for one hopes he is allowed to play the role that he is made for or take the opportunity to go elsewhere to fulfil his potential. 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. we are getting fixated with his role as an midfield enforcer!! 

He really is not that player and should he for some reason keep playing that role, he is doing a disservice to himself. The tackling is a small part of his game but it now seems expected of him as if that's all he brings to the game. 

He is more tactically aware and astute, but one moment in a game, seems to have defined him, and I, for one hopes he is allowed to play the role that he is made for or take the opportunity to go elsewhere to fulfil his potential. 

Still look at him as a Jordan Henderson type midfielder. Up to him to show his ability on the training pitch in order to get games.

Nobody gets pigeon holed into a position except by the limitations of their ability and drive. Given the competition in the club I'm sure he's happy to get on the field.

Just keep on practicing your finishing and shooting Hamza and your future will be gold.

• 2 months later...