Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

Thought he played well if not spectacularly. Shouldn’t have been sent off. A very able backup to Ndidi and great a great prem midfielder. Klopp and Bruce and his time in the u21s have made referees watch him like a hawk. And he seems tamer than before too.

• Like 1

he simply isn't a holding midfielder, he's more N'Golo Kante, let him get around the pitch and nick the ball back and spring counters, I also think having hair like that makes him stand out and doesn't help as people notice everything he does, Fellaini had the same issue, wasn't nearly as dirty as people made out

• Like 1

I think he will be great for us. He is young, has limited game time so wants to make an impression when given a chance. Too often we look a bit lightweight & he gives us the extra bite we often need. With experience some of his more over zealous side will disappear and we will have a very good player.

Really unlucky yesterday poor hamza. Did not deserve 2 yellows. 1st one was a great tackle!

2nd one should have been a caution. He’s not a dirty reckless player he’s physical and his job is to be combative. I hope we appeal the 1 game ban. We need him for the city game unless N’didi is ready to be back. Hope the trainers are accelerating his fitness regime.

like others have said hamza is unfairly targeted by some biased refs.

3 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Hamza has a big problem whenever he plays as he will be a marked man with referees, mouthy Klopp & Bruce have seen to that & it may dog him throughout his career.

The first thing he ought to do is get his hair cut so that he doesn't stand out so much

Mate, Klopp and Bruce didn't force him to trip someone up when already on a yellow card. 

I like Hamza but he needs to grow a brain. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mate, Klopp and Bruce didn't force him to trip someone up when already on a yellow card. 

You're right but nearly every club has a player that puts their foot in, so it's hypocritical of other managers to try and make an example of Hamza, when they could well instruct certain players to 'mix it up a bit'. 

Can't remember which Villa player said it after our semi final defeat, but he more or less said they were instructed to foul if a Leicester player turned them and looked to counter. 

Hamza just needs to stay on his feet better and be a bit cleverer in the dark arts. 

Could Mr Huth come out of retirement and do a bit of coaching? 😉

May not be good enough for this level I'm afraid.Goes off his feet in the tackle which refs don't allow,very lateral.little bit slow in possession.takes too long to make decision,and drifts along in games.

Decent but I'm not seeing a top team prem player sadly   .Wish him well needs a couple of really top games which will not be anytime wilf is fit

8 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Both were dubious decisions, in my opinion the better referees put the context of those together and don't produce the 2nd yellow card for the 2nd marginal decision 

Second one is a blatant yellow. No arguing with that one. You don’t make that kind of tackle when you are on a yellow card.

If you honestly think the first is a yellow and the second isn’t words fail me. Gets the ball cleanly first tackle. 

and in other obviously stupid things that have been said here there are going to be comparisons with Ndidi, they may have different attributes but they are both in the team to anchor the midfield and fundamentally do the same job (and Ndidi does it far better)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Exactly right. 

Plus it is utterly pointless trying to call opposing managers out for doing that as of course they are going to do that. He needs to not give them the ammunition but sadly we might be getting past that point now. 

I really am not convinced he's good enough at the moment. Too rash and unpredictable off the ball, doesn't really offer a great deal on it. He certainly doesn't have the composure or ability to read the game to play as the sole holding midfielder. I feel for him a bit with the sending off as the first yellow is pretty harsh and he's unlucky to slip for the second, but to then commit a very blatant foul while on a booking is stupid. 

I want to watch him and be impressed but unfortunately I don’t think he’s good enough. Great determination and tackling ability but he has to be better technically. He constantly takes too long waiting for the ball to come to him and I think that’s because he lacks confidence in his technique. There was a couple of times yesterday where the ball was coming to him rather than him coming to the ball and lost/nearly lost possession. He’s done this in previous games also.

Never a yellow for the first tackle tho, it was a great tackle. I think he needs to develop his game significantly if he wants to stake a claim to start games.

5 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Hamza has a big problem whenever he plays as he will be a marked man with referees, mouthy Klopp & Bruce have seen to that & it may dog him throughout his career.

The first thing he ought to do is get his hair cut so that he doesn't stand out so much

Could go the way of Samson though 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Second one is a blatant yellow. No arguing with that one. You don’t make that kind of tackle when you are on a yellow card.

If you honestly think the first is a yellow and the second isn’t words fail me. Gets the ball cleanly first tackle. 

and in other obviously stupid things that have been said here there are going to be comparisons with Ndidi, they may have different attributes but they are both in the team to anchor the midfield and fundamentally do the same job (and Ndidi does it far better)

Ah Hamza's greatest fan.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He's marked by everybody. My Newcastle supporting mate texted me last night, having not watched the game, applauding Mike Dean for sending him off. All because Matt Richie picked up an injury in a challenge with Hamza. At the time that happened he was texting me laying into Hamza having not seen that challenge, based solely on the comments of Steve Bruce. And I don't think hes ever watched the challenge on Richie, his hatred of Hamza is based purely on Bruce's comments.

You know you can choose your mates ..........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Really unlucky yesterday poor hamza. Did not deserve 2 yellows. 1st one was a great tackle!

2nd one should have been a caution. He’s not a dirty reckless player he’s physical and his job is to be combative. I hope we appeal the 1 game ban. We need him for the city game unless N’didi is ready to be back. Hope the trainers are accelerating his fitness regime.

can’t appeal a yellow card ......unless mistaken identity......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Did I say I thought the first was a yellow, no I did not so not sure what your point is. Did I say Ndidi does not do the holding midfield role better, no I did not. Other than that thanks for your contribution! 

Edited by nwl fox

Well you have just not directly, you should perhaps read the quotes you claim to be spot on if that’s not the case, in terms of the bookings at least.

and in terms of Ndidi, again if you actually read the posts your quoting, you’ll see I clearly say in other things said in this thread, I.e not what you’ve said.

12 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

yeah that’s exactly why he was sent off - because of his hair.

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Id actually say that’s exactly why he got his second yellow... it was very reckless- a player was going past him and he chopped him down so it would be considered dirty too.  also, he was very very lucky not to get sent off earlier in the season  with a challenge that was far worse.

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Goes to ground far to often for the modern game. He's going to keep coming unstuck if he doesn't learn to stay in his feet.

In comparison how often do you see Wilf go to ground? 

Need to be more tactical aware, he was on a booking and should have never made that tackle, it was in the final 3rd with lots of cover, brainless.

This is a major problem.  He's reckless, and even if he's not a dirty player if you make reckless challenges all day some of them will lead to yellows or even reds.  N'didi looks so calm and composed in that role - Mendy too - but Hamza is a bull in a china shop.

I agree the first yellow yesterday was dubious at best, but I'm frankly astonished to see anyone complaining about the second one - being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to ignore reality.  You wan't find a more blatant yellow than that one, and whether the first one was unjust or not the point is you're on a caution and you just can't do what Choudhury did to earn the second.  Bad judgment, which is a recurring problem which can only partly be written off due to youth. 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Id actually say that’s exactly why he got his second yellow... it was very reckless- a player was going past him and he chopped him down so it would be considered dirty too.  also, he was very very lucky not to get sent off earlier in the season  with a challenge that was far worse.

You're right that it was reckless, but some people are going way too far in suggesting that he will fail to make the grade because of his physicality. There are far dirtier players out there, and we've had plenty of players over the course of recent history who have played a key role because of their 'brute force'. Our issue at the moment isn't too much physicality and aggression - it's quite the opposite.

His sending off yesterday was wrong. It was for two yellows and one wasn't a yellow. Was it mindless of him to dive in for the second? Well, he was played into trouble and didn't deal well with the situation, then got himself a second booking, so on balance - yes - that's a blot in his copy book. But if all key decisions were forensically analysed then we wouldn't have been on the receiving end of the one major refereeing decision that was actually incorrect. Simply put, he shouldn't have been sent off. Just like Wolves shouldn't have had their disallowed goal. They're the rules, and in one case they were followed, in another they weren't.

As for managers singling him out, I'm afraid I disagree with those saying that every manager does that. Managers saw that Choudhury's physicality posed a threat, a small minority of them who were in questionable positions to complain about it made an issue, and I'm not sure we did enough to stand up for him. But I can't think of too many past Leicester managers who have singled out opposition players for being unnecessarily aggressive. If they did, I'd expect it was a good deal more justified than Klopp's griping over Hamza.

• Like 1

I think he's better further forward than Ndidi. I'd go with a midfield of Ndidi, Choudhury and Maddison against the bigger sides.

I actually thought he had an OK game at Wolves but he's let himself down a bit - admittedly quite unlucky too, was definitely a yellow for the second one and just a natural reaction to a mistake. The first was an absolute joke decision from Dean. Not even a foul. Should be able to overturn nonsense like that.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2