Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

He's a good player that has the potential to get better. A physical player in todays game is going to pick up cards. Needs to learn to stay on his feet a little more and be a little less rash, but its going to be a balancing act, if you dont want to eliminate the physicality from his game completely. Certainly no reason to beat up on him, particulalry if he continues to develop and learn. If he doesnt learn he wont play....so I'm guessing that chances are he will learn

People saying he was unlucky with the red. Perhaps, but he made a decision whilst on a yellow that was always going to reduce us to 10.

What people are forgetting is how lucky he was with the disallowed goal. That was really half hearted stuff. 

Thought he played well otherwise! But can't see him improving enough for where we're wanting to go.

• Like 1

I've not seen it back but my memory of the second yellow was he slipped over, was about to lose the ball so brought down their bloke before he could get to it - kind of an instinctive reaction but a stupid one when you're already on a yellow, so he deserved to go. If he wasn't on a yellow I'd have said it was clever play, but on a yellow it's madness.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've not seen it back but my memory of the second yellow was he slipped over, was about to lose the ball so brought down their bloke before he could get to it - kind of an instinctive reaction but a stupid one when you're already on a yellow, so he deserved to go. If he wasn't on a yellow I'd have said it was clever play, but on a yellow it's madness.

You remember correctly. Daft thing to do when already in the book.

22 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You remember correctly. Daft thing to do when already in the book.

It's the type of mistake that will determine the level he will achieve. If he can't improve his decision making process he won't last in the premier league.

On 16/02/2020 at 11:49, sdb said:

People saying he was unlucky with the red. Perhaps, but he made a decision whilst on a yellow that was always going to reduce us to 10.

What people are forgetting is how lucky he was with the disallowed goal. That was really half hearted stuff. 

Thought he played well otherwise! But can't see him improving enough for where we're wanting to go.

Not so sure I can agree with this. His first proper premier league season in and around the first team is always going to be a massive learning curve and he’d still walk into most bottom half PL sides. 

It was only a few years ago he couldn’t get into the Burton Albion first team and there were rumours of him being sold to league 1/2 clubs. He’s still got plenty of improvement left in him. Especially under Brendan.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2020 at 03:10, inckley fox said:

His sending off yesterday was wrong. It was for two yellows and one wasn't a yellow. Was it mindless of him to dive in for the second? Well, he was played into trouble and didn't deal well with the situation, then got himself a second booking, so on balance - yes - that's a blot in his copy book. But if all key decisions were forensically analysed then we wouldn't have been on the receiving end of the one major refereeing decision that was actually incorrect. Simply put, he shouldn't have been sent off. Just like Wolves shouldn't have had their disallowed goal. They're the rules, and in one case they were followed, in another they weren't.

Why shouldn’t Wolves goal have been disallowed? It was offside? 

• Like 1

You can't expect a young lad with little experience to pop in and out of a team ad hoc, at Premiership level, and perform the same as an experienced regular player of the level of Ndidi! How many regular games has it taken such a gifted player to get where he is? With regular experience will come composure and perhaps a little better reading of the game. His aggression is a major plus for me and it makes any opposition uneasy, he will learn to control it better given more game time. Some people expect far too much given his age and opportunities thus far. In many other Premiership teams he'd have perhaps been played more and been further ahead in his development. We're lucky to have him and his detractors should perhaps worry a bit more about losing him if he becomes disillusioned. 

Bias of some football fans knows no bounds. That 2nd yellow was never harsh lol. About a nailed-on yellow as you can get. Instincive from Hamza, yes. But there was literally no complaints from him or the rest of the team. He knew what he'd done and took the punishment accordingly. 

On 15/02/2020 at 08:20, Angus Scott said:

The first thing he ought to do is get his hair cut so that he doesn't stand out so much

And give up the ultimate weapon for defensive headers?

If he can learn to cushion it right, the ball goes into that thing, it ain’t coming back out. 

HamzaTrap.JPG.797bc9d095847d863ed78eefc5f21952.JPG

- And Hamza.  How’d you see the last ten minutes out without giving up a single opposition touch?

- No idea, mate.  Just good organization I guess.

Absolute passenger tonight.

If you didn’t notice it at the time, watch it back and see where he was when the centre halves had the ball. He was hiding and not making angles for a pass or demanding the ball. It was the same against Chelsea.

To be a viable option longer-term he needs to grow some balls. Make things tick, demand the ball and move around the park to get into spaces to be an option for your team mates in possession.

I like him. But he’s in danger of only being useful in a game where we fear the opposition and want to sure up the midfield (which, where we’re trying to head, won’t be often).

• Like 2