Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Our problem from CDM is two things: 

1. Not stopping shots from outside the box

2. No creativity passing forward

Didn’t see a solution to either tonight. Sorry.

Agree, but the advantage Hamza could have is the ability to win it higher up the pitch, if Puel let's him.

We can't break lines currently, but he is the most likely midfielder to get us on the front foot quicker with that attribute alone 

Hamza was excellent tonight and worked bloody hard for the team.

I'd like to see him get more pitch than what he has been getting but the only concern is he is very similar in style to Ndidi, Iborra and Mendy. We have 4 good CDM options in the squad and nothing to couple that with in terms of a more attack-minded midfielder. That's not Hamza's problem though and if he keeps taking chances like he did tonight, he'll be involved much more often.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Agree, but the advantage Hamza could have is the ability to win it higher up the pitch, if Puel let's him.

We can't break lines currently, but he is the most likely midfielder to get us on the front foot quicker with that attribute alone 

Mate I like the optimism but in the system we’ve been playing the only player in the final third is the isolated striker. Hamza in Puelball is no different to Mendy or N’Didi.

• Like 1

He proved how ridiculous it has been that Ndidi and Mendy have seemingly had a gift of a first team place. 

It doesn't solve the problem of creativiteeeeee though. 

8 minutes ago, martyn said:

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Mate I like the optimism but in the system we’ve been playing the only player in the final third is the isolated striker. Hamza in Puelball is no different to Mendy or N’Didi.

I agree with Martyn to be honest... but that's maybe based more on what I have seen of him in the U23s. He's capable of playing great balls forward and not afraid to burst into the penalty area (in an effective way - as shown by that fab goal in preseason!). His work rate is fantastic - he gets everywhere.  

Different type of player to Ndidi, he's an anchor who drops and mops up with last ditch tackles.

What made him look out of his depth last season was the size difference between him and the senior pro's in the Premier League, he relys on physicality just as much as athletisism but he isn't built like a tank and got manhandled playing with the big boys - there were alot of kids out there for Man City tonight; Zinchenko, Diaz and that other midfielder all had brishes with Hamza and our lad usually came out on top, but later on in the game he was doing really well and plucked the ball off Sterling & Gabby Jesus in dangerous spots - he doesn't look fased by what he's up against mentally, the real test is in the League though where he has to run up against a Dier, Sigurdsson, Fellaini, Milivojevic or Kouyate every week, strong fully grown men. Very impressive tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, rachhere said:

I agree with Martyn to be honest... but that's maybe based more on what I have seen of him in the U23s. He's capable of playing great balls forward and not afraid to burst into the penalty area (in an effective way - as shown by that fab goal in preseason!). His work rate is fantastic - he gets everywhere.  

Only one way to find out, which is involving him in the first team.

Mendy is definitely getting the Wes Morgan treatment so don’t hold out hope...

• Like 1