Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Was good in past games, has serious potential, needs experience and a run but is never going to get that here me thinks.

13 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Utterly useless today. Missed Ndidi big time. Hamza just looked out of his depth, wasn’t getting the ball of the defenders, ended up standing next to them rather than moving into space, ended up losing confidence and just went missing. We couldn’t seem to get a grip on the game. That’s beofre talking about how he almost gave away two goals. 

Mendy should Really come in to the side. If hamza plays then let it be as a box to box, not a deep lying player. 

The holding position he was asked to play requires different attributes and also a lot of experience. I dont know if he does it in the reserves but this is a different league. The ability to read danger, to set up moves, to steal the ball,  positional sense, to be comfortable receiving the ball, to carry it quickly. Hes doesnt have that skillset to any real degree . The only reason hes in there is hes aggressive, but aggression isnt actually the most important attribute for that role (no one would call Kante aggressive, its very controlled blocking and stealing ) and for this reason without ndidi id play mendy there or possibly praet(although the latter none of us have really seen enough of to know his game) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

lol all the people writing him off after today. even with ndidi that was a loss. almost every player was shite today

I Think you have to quite woefully under estimate Ndidi’s importance to this team and general talent to hold that opinion.

He’s probably the most important player in the squad. Even ahead of Vardy as without him turning the ball over and setting up attacks with clever passing once we’ve won the ball we don’t engineer anything like the rate of opportunities we do without him on the pitch.

Everyone was shit as we are Missing the anchor and lynch pin that links defence and attack. 

If he stays fit I’ve got no doubt he’ll be considered as one of the two or three players in the discussion for playing holding midfield for the world xi for the duration of his prime years.

Hamza Choudhurry is a decent footballer but he’s fighting a losing battle, hopefully he can put in a few better shifts than today and soften the blow.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

lol all the people writing him off after today. even with ndidi that was a loss. almost every player was shite today

not so sure. ndidi is our most important cog. he gets the ball back and restarts pretty much all of our attacks. it's why we are so good at what we do. 

it's not hard to see how much we have missed him in the last two games. today we could've conceded about 10 times just from their players running straight through the middle of the pitch, it's where their winning goal came from. even on wednesday villa could've scored a couple and they only crossed the halfway line about 4 times. 

not to mention how awful we look once we get the ball back, it's so slow and so ponderous without wilf nicking it back early and hitting teams where it hurts. 

Poor performance today but showed some signs of quality but the rest of them were pretty poor too, we were lacking in the middle back and front today if that was a top club it would have been even more embarrassing!

Letz hope we can bring a few quality players in the coming weeks sounds like Muriel might be on his way ?

Now hoping the lads can sort their Sh1t out get back to winning ways V Blurnley keep pace with Man Oil City and give them a run for their money and can only wish Diverpool do a Slippy G and lose a couple or more games ?

OAUIBWT ! 💙🦊💙🦊

I think to sum Hamza up.....

Pros:

Loads of energy

Quick (like a racing snake)

Aggressive in the tackle

Decent passer

Cons:

Can go a little OTT in the tackle (ala Keane/Viera)

Positionally - sometimes looks lost at sea

A bit passive with his overall game - doesn’t drive forwards

Young - so makes mistakes

Edited by Sly

It’s the little passing options that he wasn’t doing yesterday. Wilf does a little five yard dart and provides an option. Hamza just wasn’t doing that or turning to go forward facing. 

You play him next week and take it on the chin regards developing a young player as we are already doing in so many areas of pitch. Or you fielded Mendy who hasn’t put a foot wrong when on the pitch 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Guest An Sionnach

Rodgers knows that Mendy is the natural deputy for Wilf, but not as good of course, so playing Hamza as a direct replacement was wrong. If Mendy had played , Hamza would have had a more free role to mop up in midfield and get forward, his most effective game. The biggest problem though is his persistence with an out of form Chilwell which is unbalancing the whole defence. The buck stops with Rodgers , a lot of his recent decisions have been poor.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Just to say that he did a great job today covering Wilf at such short notice. Thought it was one of his better games this season 

Agree with you, he did his role and stuck to the task he was given rather than trying to get too involved with every aspect. 

Did notice he made himself less available for a pass from the centre halves/Kasper compared to Wilf. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Just to say that he did a great job today covering Wilf at such short notice. Thought it was one of his better games this season 

I'd agree. But we're just not the same without Wilf. He's just so dynamic 

Edited by Suffolk exile

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Better today with his passing but clearly he’s gonna need some individual training on positioning/offering a passing option 

There were times where he did offer a passing option and Evans just hit it long or passed back to Kasper. For me there was a bit too much messing around in our box and we created unnecessary pressure on ourselves when the option to pass out to hamza was there. 

He's still pretty young but I think we have potentially a tremendous talent on our hands though! 

Edited by hejammy

Just now, hejammy said:

There were times where he did offer a passing option and Evans just hit it long or passed back to Kasper. For me there was a bit too much messing around in our box and we created unnecessary pressure on ourselves when the option to pass out to hamza was there. 

Hes still pretty young, I think we have potentially a tremendous talent on our hands though! 

Its easy to say make that pass (the two centre backs) from the stands but for me he was too square of the Chelsea front two. For example, Wilf has gotta far better this season and he now stands at angles to assist the centre backs. 

We were right to keep playing it out today as Chelsea were only doing a half press.

• Thanks 1

Better much better after a fairly average last handful of games. Did Kante on a number of occasions which was nice and was very good at pressing which helped us get in to the game. Feel he might have done better at attacking and defending set pieces today, Ndidi is so strong in that regard and without him we aren't as good at dealing with them.

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I actually thought he was hiding a lot when we were on the ball. Evans was telling him in the second half to make himself more available and Rodgers half-referenced it in his post-match interview. To take the next step he needs to be ballsy and want to dominate on the ball as well as when winning it back.

Agreed with this. He's good at pressing and closing down and making tackles, but he needs to improve his game on the ball. We were struggling to get the ball forward quickly from defence because our midfield were being too static and Hamza was not offering himself enough in my opinion. He needs to work on that part of his game otherwise it stifles our game if the defenders are just passing side to side and haven't got a midfielder able to take it off them and pass forward.