Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I actually thought he was hiding a lot when we were on the ball. Evans was telling him in the second half to make himself more available and Rodgers half-referenced it in his post-match interview. To take the next step he needs to be ballsy and want to dominate on the ball as well as when winning it back.

Rodgers also singled him out for praise. He said he was 'excellent'.

We're a side that lacks a lot of physicality. Even when Hamza isn't at his best he does a lot to help us compete.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He had a good game. Did his job and gave the ball quickly to our more creative players who just weren't at the races today. Having Wilf wouldn't have made a difference imo.

He does need to learn not to make silly tackles like that on a yellow card. If he was a little more street smart it would help his game more. 

• Like 4

The first yellow isn’t even a foul.

But as I’ve been saying, he needs to learn to control himself, he knew he was on a yellow, what is he doing.

We’ve got serious problems next week now if Wilf is still out, I presume Mendy is still struggling as well.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

The first yellow isn’t even a foul.

But as I’ve been saying, he needs to learn to control himself, he knew he was on a yellow, what is he doing.

We’ve got serious problems next week now if Wilf is still out, I presume Mandy is still struggling as well.

What's ridiculous is the inability to appeal sending offs where the first booking is hilariously wrong. 

But you're right on him having to control himself

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

Hamza was unlucky with the sending off. Generally he's been decent with the ball on the floor but is poor in the air at set pieces. Against Chelsea and again at Wolves he allowed Rudiger and Boly free headers that led to goals. Boly's was, of course offside but a free header all the same. Hamza won't improve this immediately so we need Ndidi back as he is better in the air.

Saved our bacon on many occasions last night. I wish people would stop comparing him with Wilf they are completely different types of midfielders. It's as stupid as comparing Wilf with Kanté.

Neither him nor YT should be defending Boly for headers - same with Rudiger. Rodgers needs to address our lack of height or our Goalkeeper's inability to defend a ball in the 6 yd box.

The Free kick on the edge of the box, he played the ball perfectly. First yellow deserved, not second but the Ref was trying to play make up for the offside goal.

He is going to be a special player 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The first yellow where he won the ball was deserved but the second one where he hacked their player down to stop a breakaway wasn't? Interesting way of looking at it.

Hack ? Get back to reading the sun , man.

No need to insult me, he purposefully stopped a breakaway by bringing down their player, it wasn't malicious but it was stopping a break and makes it an automatic yellow so I struggle to see how you think that's Dean making up for something yet the first yellow he got was deserved where most would argue it probably wasn't even a free kick, but feel free to pick out one word which can be used in a manner of different ways rather than answer a simple question, by all means.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Saved our bacon on many occasions last night. I wish people would stop comparing him with Wilf they are completely different types of midfielders. It's as stupid as comparing Wilf with Kanté.

Neither him nor YT should be defending Boly for headers - same with Rudiger. Rodgers needs to address our lack of height or our Goalkeeper's inability to defend a ball in the 6 yd box.

The Free kick on the edge of the box, he played the ball perfectly. First yellow deserved, not second but the Ref was trying to play make up for the offside goal.

He is going to be a special player 

This is spot on for me, not sure why it's drawn a confused reaction

11 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

No need to insult me, he purposefully stopped a breakaway by bringing down their player, it wasn't malicious but it was stopping a break and makes it an automatic yellow so I struggle to see how you think that's Dean making up for something yet the first yellow he got was deserved where most would argue it probably wasn't even a free kick, but feel free to pick out one word which can be used in a manner of different ways rather than answer a simple question, by all means.

Both were dubious decisions, in my opinion the better referees put the context of those together and don't produce the 2nd yellow card for the 2nd marginal decision 

10 hours ago, shailen said:

He had a good game. Did his job and gave the ball quickly to our more creative players who just weren't at the races today. Having Wilf wouldn't have made a difference imo.

He does need to learn not to make silly tackles like that on a yellow card. If he was a little more street smart it would help his game more. 

Ndidi being bigger helps. The Wolves goal, yet again Hamza was beaten at the back post. 

Agree in the context of the game but it's just set pieces for me that need looking at, especially given we conceded 2 goals in the last match from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Ndidi being bigger helps. The Wolves goal, yet again Hamza was beaten at the back post. 

He doesn't even jump when challenging for the ball which is really strange.

Can't wait to get Ndidi back in as he's just nowhere near as good as him.

15 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Hamza has a big problem whenever he plays as he will be a marked man with referees, mouthy Klopp & Bruce have seen to that & it may dog him throughout his career.

The first thing he ought to do is get his hair cut so that he doesn't stand out so much

Other managers have been unprofessional with their comments about Hamza. 

Especially that Cnut Klopp seeing as he has quite a few of his players that would take one for the team (ooeerr) 

He will have to adapt his game though or he'll pick up plenty of cards. 

Quite like his Barnet though👍😄

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Other managers have been unprofessional with their comments about Hamza. 

Especially that Cnut Klopp seeing as he has quite a few of his players that would take one for the team (ooeerr) 

He will have to adapt his game though or he'll pick up plenty of cards. 

Quite like his Barnet though👍😄

He's marked by everybody. My Newcastle supporting mate texted me last night, having not watched the game, applauding Mike Dean for sending him off. All because Matt Richie picked up an injury in a challenge with Hamza. At the time that happened he was texting me laying into Hamza having not seen that challenge, based solely on the comments of Steve Bruce. And I don't think hes ever watched the challenge on Richie, his hatred of Hamza is based purely on Bruce's comments.