Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Just now, Tom12345 said:

What was that from Mendy? Should have hit it forward first time for Vardy to run on to ...

Gosh we are missing players who can hit it first time to find Vardy! Only Albrington does that now.  Chilwell cannot and waits for too long.  Mendy is not minded to do it at all. Ndidi may have the intention some times but do not have the technical ability to do it.

Meanwhile, Maddison needs to come off.

They don't have time to set up a pass. Chelsea swarm like nobody's business.

26 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I feel like I’m watching a different match. Chelsea are a strong side, but we’re not poor. 

Hazard should have been carded.

I agree with this. Chelsea away , we're playing ok. Still individual mistakes are more glaring for me than the manager's tactics. Vardy needs to know he is not above hold up play

Feel like f the dissenters atm. Better off selling them and building the youth. 

We are set up ok, players need to step up

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

Just now, The_Rorab said:

I understand Vardy doesn't feel like this system suits him at all, but he's really been poor this half, and a lot of it is stuff that is irrespective of playstyle.

Why are people still questioning Vardy?

He can hardly be blamed for not having any service.

• Like 2

First off despite all the negativity we have to remember this is a top class team we are playing away who brought our best central midfielder of all time from us and have the most expensive goalkeeper in world history behind the sticks. We've got to half time 0-0 which is a good job.

Of course looking at the game, it has home win inevitability written all over it. We are struggling to get out and if we keep giving the ball away I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet for another 45.

To be honest Vardy has been a disappointment today giving the ball away far too often. It's hard to play up top by yourself, but a lot of the time it's not even from punts up field, but it's from passes made to him quickly across the floor. You can't put that blame on the manager!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pete from the USA said:

They don't have time to set up a pass. Chelsea swarm like nobody's business.

This is why we need to be more like Albrington and hit quality balls up the field quickly.

Get Ghezzal in for Mendy or Maddison second half?

1 minute ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Agreed with that, I put that in my further message as well. 

Agree re Maddison. He is not Mahrez level yet and he hogs the ball too much. He should have released Vardy in the counter attacking break. Waits for too long and got dispossessed in the end. Sorry folks - he is not world class

Just now, Tom12345 said:

It's nothing to do with service though - I don't blame him for not having many chances in the half, he can only feed on the service he's given - I mean he's miscontrolling, he's misplacing passes and that's nothing to do with service. Maybe I'm just feeling more critical since it seems he's the rumoured biggest lobbyist for Puel out but he's not playing well.

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

He can be blamed to miss 1.29 good chances per match this season (instead of something close to 0.75 the previous ones) or to only succeeded to make 3 good passes this period.

He's simply bad this season and he also has a large part of responsibility in that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Worth noting we haven’t gotten a win (or is it any points?) from Chelsea away since the 1970s, I think.

They have also managed 3 consecutive clean sheets at home.

I seem to remeber Stan Collymore scoring in a 2-0 win there. Might have been a cup though. 

1 minute ago, yks said:

He can be blamed to miss 1.29 good chances per match this season (instead of something close to 0.75 the previous ones) or to only succeeded to make 3 good passes this period.

He's simply bad this season and he also has a large part of responsibility in that.

Disagree. It is much more to do with the quality of the chances he is getting this year. He needs to do a lot more to get half a chance this season.