Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (H)..pre match thoughts...

17 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Hmm

Man city win will be good. Puel did bad. Time to go 

Draw means we are very lucky. We can't be lucky for every match. Beat the coach

We win? The player were ignoring the coach and played their own way. Get the coach out and promote morgan to player coach role

Give it a rest ffs! There needs to be an eye rolling emoji reaction.

Must be 3 across the middle again, if we have enough legs left in the central area.

I would love it if he started Silva, just for the reaction on FT. :D Merry Xmas to everyone who is not a cretin, and seeing as it's supposed to be the season of goodwill, even to them too. :thumbup:

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, l444ry said:

By luck, good judgement or both, Puel has stumbled on a system that works. This is a free hit so if he keeps everything the same and with the same players then we have every chance. If he makes too many changes there will probably be only one winner. 

Only a free hit if we put in a decent committed performance. If we were to capitulate like Everton did against Spurs then this place will be in meltdown.

I’ve not really been looking forward to this since the fixtures came out right up until a couple of days ago BUT maybe it was the win on Saturday, maybe it’s a Christmas feel good mood but I am really up for this right now.

C’mon Leicester :chant:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Give it a rest ffs! There needs to be an eye rolling emoji reaction.

:rolleyes:

pot kettle black.

I'm sure we'll defend as well as possible for the first 60 minutes. If we miraculously don't allow them the first goal then we'll open up as they get tired ad we'll go for their throats. In reality we have little hope of not conceeding first, then we'll go for it and get hit on the break a few times.

Puel will get hounded by the massive group of out supporters for his negative play whilst Mancs throw attack after attack at us.

On 22/12/2018 at 22:54, foxinsox said:

I reckon he can, after resting his groin strain a bit. 

We gave what was mostly their first team a decent fight on Tuesday, so should be able to frighten them a bit. Hope they have too much Chrismas pud onboard. 

Iborra in for Ndidi for me, as Wilf needs a rest. 

2-3 games ago,I would of agreed and I have been critical of Ndidi,....

but last game he seemed to find that something  More!!

I'd like to see him build on it,!!..

• Like 2

If we can improve on our pass completion, which is our biggest problem and leads to us stuttering in attack then we have a chance, defensively we are as good as anyone bar the top 4 on goals conceded anyway.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I think Wilf is a really good player and will become exceptional.

The criticism of him on here has been harsh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Wilf is a really good player and will become exceptional.

The criticism of him on here has been harsh.

Agree..Just because I question someone..doesn't mean I want them thrown to the dogs,or passing for this time of year as Turkey-meat!!

Patience,space,Bench time,get him ready to go again...

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Really helped him with Choudry in there in a 3, takes a bit of pressure off!

10 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Play our horrendously tedious sideways/backwards defensive game and we'll get smashed. Actually give it some and go all out attack, we might just nick something. Cannot give them time on the ball.

We can't go all out attack unless we improve on our pass completion too many of our advances whether long or short come to an abrupt end with a misplaced pass often whilst under no pressure. I don't think we go out with the intention of defending deep but if they've got the ball because we keep giving it back to them that's what we end up doing.

The weakness is Stones if he plays again in midfield .He asks for the ball but slow and dithers on the ball pressure nick it and play Vardy in.

In all seriousness Id think about Fuchs cos he can deal with Mahrez and or Sterling and even Sinmmo to start.

Happy Xmas everyone

10 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Must be 3 across the middle again, if we have enough legs left in the central area.

I would love it if he started Silva, just for the reaction on FT. :D Merry Xmas to everyone who is not a cretin, and seeing as it's supposed to be the season of goodwill, even to them too. :thumbup:

I am a cousin from cretins,I am a crispy

Crouton...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Although Guardiola will have lit a fire up their ass for losing to Palace, I think we could get something out of this provided we aren't too tired. Fernandinho could still be out which means a suspect DM for them, plus LB is still an issue for them as well, and Walker looks absolutely run into the ground - that's both Fullbacks being problem areas, and Chilwell + Ricardo could absolutely exploit that. Should be an exciting game! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/12/2018 at 17:18, Dorkingfox said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-christmas-day-training-15590258

Pep is feeling the pressure, already making excuses and moaning about the number of games Man Shity have, so will be an interesting game.

Believe what you want mate but I don't see any moaning in that article. 

10 hours ago, Fox42 said:

Do that and get spanked 5-1. In games like this, it’s not all about the performance but how you get the result in the end. We were patient and got our rewards at Stamford Bridge. I guess being at home we are allowed to express ourselves a little more and a little sooner than when we started to at Chelsea but we need to remain conservative and composed. 

Exactly - what do we want ?  A game of basketball where we get done 5-2 (like arsenal a few years ago) or a tight game where we are still in with a chance of a result with ten to go ?