Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Who do you want thrown out with the tree in January

In the time of festive cheers I'd like Santa to find new homes for:

1. Puel

2. James

3. Slimani

4. King

5. Simpson

That'd free up a few slots all over the pitch. I know the whole Puel in or out is controversial but I've had him down as an outer for a year so he is just a hangover from last years stocking, along with Matty James, and Slimani. Maybe this was my 2017 list?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bazly said:

1. Puel

2. James

3. Slimani

4. King

5. Simpson

That'd free up a few slots all over the pitch. I know the whole Puel in or out is controversial but I've had him down as an outer for a year so he is just a hangover from last years stocking, along with Matty James, and Slimani. Maybe this was my 2017 list?

Why would you have wanted Puel out last Christmas? When his league record was P10, L2, D3, W5?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Slimani is on loan, Simpson is our only fit back up right back, no Leicester fan would ever want to "throw out" Andy King, Puel aint going nowhere and James is injured.

Did I miss anything?

Just the Christmas tree mate.

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

1. Puel

2. James

3. Slimani

4. King

5. Simpson

The thing is, you throw Puel out, what's to say that, for the new manager, those other 4 names might be first on the team sheet?

• Like 1

Benny

Simpson

Okazaki

Fuchs

These guys are out of contract in the Summer so realistically have very little value in the Winter window and with the exception of Benny are serving a useful purpose still.

For the sake of the player I would like to see Andy King go somewhere & be able to play. We owe him that at least

Silva really isn't doing much and can go without impacting the team.

Not sure about Iborra, it sounds like he would like to go home.

Edited by gurru991

Slimani

Silva

Iborra

Jacupovic

King

Simpson

James

Fuchs

Benny

Morgan

With the exception of Morgan, none are going to have any meaningful part to play for the rest of this season.

we need to clear the decks as early as possible so as we have a clear vision of how much we can spend on the quality and number of players we need.

if we don't push on now we risk losing some of the promising players we have now and end back at square one.

we should have at least learnt that lesson from Mahrez.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2018 at 23:17, Clever Fox said:

Slimani

Silva

Iborra

Jacupovic

King

Simpson

James

Fuchs

Benny

Morgan

With the exception of Morgan, none are going to have any meaningful part to play for the rest of this season.

we need to clear the decks as early as possible so as we have a clear vision of how much we can spend on the quality and number of players we need.

if we don't push on now we risk losing some of the promising players we have now and end back at square one.

we should have at least learnt that lesson from Mahrez.

Agree all need to go, but that’s more summer window than jan with that many

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Agree all need to go, but that’s more summer window than jan with that many

yes agreed, But that's the same list I had this summer plus Musa ans Ulloa.

The sooner we shift them the better for the reasons stated earlier. Then Target a couple of quality signings in the Summer.

Can’t see much happening in terms of permanent outgoings until the summer but I feel these need to go and be replaced with better options where needed...

Benny

Iborra

James

King - because he deserves to be playing somewhere.

iheanacho

Possibly Simpson, Fuchs and Shinji  although they are good backup options.

I seriously don’t understand why people want rid of Iborra? He’s a natural leader & offers something completely different to our current options in the middle.

I personally think if he was given a full 90 with madders against teams we struggle to break down, it would answer a lot of our problems.

• Like 4

The Puel comment hasn't aged well :D

But for me: 

Silva - things just haven't clicked for him, time to draw a line and cut our losses 

Benny - Just take a hit and get him off the wage bill 

James - The lad needs a loan move to build himself up again, get him to a champ or even lower prem team (Cardiff, Huddersfield etc) 

Jakupovic - We have 2 solid keepers in Kasper and Ward and the u23 guy is looking solid 

Diabate - Loan move to a lower prem or champ team to build him up, maybe "toughen" him up a bit as well. 

I'd be happy just to see a few faces go out on loan with the aim of getting themselves some regular football and a permanent move away. I can't begin to guess how much money we are wasting every week on players with no future at the club. The longer we keep them on the books, the longer our progress will be limited. I'm not bothered even slightly whether we sign anyone in January or not but cutting our wage bill is an absolute must. 

If Puel is staying then Silva as it’s clear Puel doesn’t fancy him. If Puel was to go I’d keep him and hope whoever took over would have a look at him!

benalouane- loan

king-loan

james-loan

diabate-loan

and then a couple of under 23s to go get first team football, ndukwu being one of back fit.