Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

1 minute ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Silva played against Fleetwood last time round and did what tho?

Our lack of back up for Vardy is worrying but he needed resting. I mean its not like we have Musa and Super Slim now?

Silva is miles better than Matty James let's be quite clear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Yes all the typical "banter" come out. Could have had that one at EVS.

Suppose they got us back with the Premier League Your having a laugh. 

its always fun playing against non leauge opponents. 

I was at the Peterbrough game in the Home crowd. i was wetting myself with laughter. :D

Just now, siraaj_lcfc said:

Ik, But clearly nobody likes him. I loved him at Sporting, same for Slimani but they dont suit us. Shouldn't have bought them. Disappointing Business.

They've not worked out, but suggesting the squad yesterday would be weaker with Silva than 2 championship standard midfielders is madness. Having James ahead of Silva in the pecking order is Puels biggest mistake by far

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

They've not worked out, but suggesting the squad yesterday would be weaker with Silva than 2 championship standard midfielders is madness. Having James ahead of Silva in the pecking order is Puels biggest mistake by far

Totally forgot about Silva for a second tbh. :D

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

You knew we weren't gonna have those players playing. can't complain. We had Premier League CHAMPIONS on that Pitch

Three seasons ago, players like Fuchs, Okazaki and Simpson wouldn't play in a team now anywhere now winning a title.

That squad yesterday wasn't close to the team that played Man City in terms of quality.

James and Choudrey was never going to do the job of getting control of the game .Therefore the ball went over the top and Nacho jumped under countless headers and had little support.Pitch was hard and bobbly but we were very poor and Puel needs to feel some heat for this selection balls up.Next game is not till Saturday!!

14 hours ago, Buce said:

Meh, poetic licence.

Let's not kid ourselves that they are a good team - they are not even a good second division side. Any half-decent Championship side would have beaten them comfortably. What they had was pride and energy, something that was totally absent from that team of overpaid twats that represented us.

Spurs drew last year, after getting 2 shots on target over the 90 mins, only equalizing in the 82nd.

Leaving all that aside, I probably shouldn't have picked you up on it. People need to vent their (justified) anger and this is a good place for that (without some pedant nitpicking over semantics/turns of phrase etc). :thumbup:

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Is Silva really fit and mentally ready to play though? I think CP said beforehand that would not use players whose heads were not in the right place, or were halfway out the door, or something like that. Maybe he was only referring to Iborra, but I guess Silva is potentially another.

I would rather King had started than a half fit James, tbh, as I agree that it was an awful decision to play MJ. Maybe CP is still trying to justify his 25 man squad error.

On 07/01/2019 at 04:42, FIF said:

Hamza and Evans had good games.

Ward did nothing wrong.

Albrighton was good apart from the handball.

Maddison was good

I didn’t actually see the match, but after reading other comments here, yours above are something of a relief in terms of what light it sheds on our players. It leaves:

Wes, Simpson & Fuchs

- Surprised that they didn’t do better as they have both been very reliable recently. None are likely to be significant members of the squad after this season, though Wes & Simpson might still have backup roles for a season or two.

James & King

- No real surprises here if they didn’t perform. Both must be rusty and neither would be strategic parts of the future.

Okazaki

- Unfortunately coming to the end of his useful career for us and very few recent minutes of play so probably pretty rusty. No real surprise.

Ghezzal & Iheanacho

- Unfortunate recruitment, but nothing we didn’t already know about.

Gray

- Fails to impress in most of his appearances. Sounds like no difference here.

Loads of work to do to to shift on surplus players, with quite a bit of self inflicted pain in recruitment and contracts dished out over the years, pretty much balanced by some huge finds. I wouldn’t be unhappy to see all the above moved on ASAP, though the first 3 still offer bit part roles if they they are prepared to accept such.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Spurs drew last year, after getting 2 shots on target over the 90 mins, only equalizing in the 82nd.

Leaving all that aside, I probably shouldn't have picked you up on it. People need to vent their (justified) anger and this is a good place for that (without some pedant nitpicking over semantics/turns of phrase etc). :thumbup:

Don’t sweat it, Puss. :) 

24 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Shouldn't be a stick to beat Maddison with - I'm sure he's not the first, and sure as hell won't be the last, to do this kind of thing. Bit of kidology. Nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1