Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So creative with his 0 assists.

He's too slow and lumbering, Silva too lightweight. The simple reality is, two players not signed by this manager do not fit into the system he wants to play. We need someone more all action who can defend and pick a pass. They just don't fit into the category.

It's such a load of bollocks to suggest the manager doesn't want creativity. Who got Ricardo instead of Simpson and Maddison instead of Okazaki? How about you give him a chance to get in some players he think will fit. With your attitude we'd have just stuck with Simpson, rather than getting Ricardo who fits his style.

Hallelujah 

Good luck to him, was a good asset in both boxes but his passing although sometimes innovative wasn't always the best especially, ironically the simpler ones.

As I see it Puel wants to move the ball quicker though the centre so not the best fit, hopefully it'll free up space for a more aggressive, faster passing midfielder who is equally as innovative.

Bye Vicente :cry::cry::cry:

I kind of just went along with this without questioning because we knew it was happening, but now I am thinking about the madness of it all. We have recently established we are best playing with 3 in midfield, but now look set to let our two most experienced midfielders go with Matty James our only back up to the first choice midfield 3... I can only assume we have someone amazing lined up as replacement.... 

• Like 3

I'm guessing they need to clear out a few players to be able to bring anyone in, which is why Iborra has gone first as someone wanted to give us actual money for him.

Still, think it's a bit of a risk as Puel did at least trust him to be on the fringes of the team and we're really light there now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So creative with his 0 assists.

He's too slow and lumbering, Silva too lightweight. The simple reality is, two players not signed by this manager do not fit into the system he wants to play. We need someone more all action who can defend and pick a pass. They just don't fit into the category.

It's such a load of bollocks to suggest the manager doesn't want creativity. Who got Ricardo instead of Simpson and Maddison instead of Okazaki? How about you give him a chance to get in some players he think will fit. With your attitude we'd have just stuck with Simpson, rather than getting Ricardo who fits his style.

We’ve needed this since the start of the season, can’t remember too many completed forward passes from N’didi  this season :blink:

Add to the thickening file marked 'bad signings'.

Not sure why we bought him in the first place to be honest. Although he had his moments, they were few and far between and his lack of pace was always far too big a handicap for this league.

• Like 2

I still think he was a good signing on paper, however he just hasn't fit into Puel's stubborn system of wanting 2 hard working, defensive CM's. Strangely, now Puel is more open to 3 CM's, think it would have suited Iborra hugely but ah well. 

I would still have liked to have seen more of him as he bossed games when he first joined and controlled things for us when we played well. I think he should have also featured more from the bench in games, where I think he could have been a goal threat for us with his aerial ability and strength. 

Wasn't to be though and that is a decent fee for a player who is a year older and deemed surplus goods! 

Good luck Iborra! Hasn't worked out here, but certainly won't go down as one of our worst signings!

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

We can't change every player at the click of a finger. We've gone through numerous managers and DOF's all buying different players for different styles, with I'm sure we'll all agree. At times seemingly no real cohesion. We've also had loads of aging player and flops that need resolving.

I really don't think people realise the job that is at hand in terms of reshaping this squad.

Totally agree, hard job made almost impossible with events this season

Just think some ‘fans favourites’ aren’t given as much grief as some of the lesser players ie Nacho etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bazly said:

One of the very few player who could and often did score with headers from corner kicks. When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Off the top of my head I'd say Maguire v Newcastle.

Although not direct from a corner, I'd count Ricardo's shot v Manchester City.