Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Gilette Advert

Seriously though, what sort of weirdo boycotts a company because they say bullying is bad? 

Captain America says it, half the world pays to go watch the Avengers. A razor blade manufacturer says it, half the world's banter lads have a melt down at once. 

Christ.

• Like 2

I have got no idea why there's so much uproar about it lol 

They're trying to stop things like sexual harrassment and encourage others to prevent it or talk about it - why is that so bad!?

Okay, it might not be their place to do it, but why does that fact over-rule that actual message they're trying to put out?

If you get triggered or seriously aggravated by a company doing this (admittedly maybe to just promote their own brand and gain a little publicity), then I think you need to re-evaluate on why that is so, considering there are many more injustices in the world that probably need more attention anyway...

• Like 1

I think any sane person can agree that bullying and sexual harassment are bad! That's just common sense. 

What I don't like is the way they've handled toxic masculinity. IMO, a better message would've been talking about the mental health of men who keep bottling-up their emotions. "You are a man, you can't cry" "all the responsibility is on you". You have men breaking down in their mid 30's because of that and the best they could've come up with is " boys will be boys". Yeah, that's why millions of men are depressed, because they cat-call women and bully each other. (Not saying those thing don't effect males BTW). Not the expectations of the world, not the pressure of proving your worth to everyone starting from your parents to your boss. It's not like all the bottled-up emotions is killing men inside, right?

Honesty, I'm neither mad nor triggered, I'm disappointed. Talk about mental health you idiots. What a wasted chance.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

What are people's thoughts on the new "toxic masculinity" Gilette advert? 

Doesn’t go nearly far enough. I was hoping that they’d be changing their slogan but instead it’s just a weird affirmation that women need protection from men in some ways.

Odd.

24 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The thing that ****s me off about it, is when did adverts stop being adverts? Why've they become these political messages rather than just selling the product they're peddling, it's daft.

I'd argue since social media became so prominent. Gives a voice to those that may not have had it before and they may be able to reach more people, hence sending out different kinds of messages. So probably within the last 10-15 years...

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

The thing that ****s me off about it, is when did adverts stop being adverts? Why've they become these political messages rather than just selling the product they're peddling, it's daft.

There have always been social and political messages in adverts. To think otherwise is daft. 

Just now, Izzy said:

Who the fook are 'Gillette' of all people to tell me how to behave?

I find it patronising to say the least. Stick to selling razors you plumbs.

Worlds gone mad.

Second time on this page that we’ve had the association between razors and plums in the same post. 

• Haha 1