Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Eduardo Macia to Bordeaux

Scout he is meant to be trying to take with him is a Danish guy called Jakob Friis-Hansen.

Also meant to be currently working on trying to get us Harry Wilson on loan for next season.

Such a weird situation, seems he is working for both clubs right now, hope the club are getting some money from Bordeaux out of this because surely unless the club agree to it he is probably breaching his contract

• Haha 2

I very much doubt the people running our Club will be dicked about by Bordeaux.  We only have half the story for sure, although normally10% of any rumor is good enough to kick-off a thread.

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:
Also meant to be currently working on trying to get us Harry Wilson on loan for next season.

That could be a good signing, he's looked very promising whenever I've seen him play on Sky in the Championship games. Gets a lot of goals as a wide forward and fits the young player with high potential profile we are looking at. Very Barnes-esque.

Loans might seem odd, but as with the Tielemans move, maybe it's the way forward for the club? If players like it here they are more likely to sign and there is less risk for us. It's also worked in the past for other players like Lukaku going from loan at Everton to signing full time.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That could be a good signing, he's looked very promising whenever I've seen him play on Sky in the Championship games. Gets a lot of goals as a wide forward and fits the young player with high potential profile we are looking at. Very Barnes-esque.

Loans might seem odd, but as with the Tielemans move, maybe it's the way forward for the club? If players like it here they are more likely to sign and there is less risk for us. It's also worked in the past for other players like Lukaku going from loan at Everton to signing full time.

We want to do business like Celtic with 6 month and 1 year loans? The only way I see it working is if we have a an option to buy at a pre-negotiated price at the end of the loan.

Otherwise your just giving Rodgers and his staffs labor and knowledge away for nothing.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We want to do business like Celtic with 6 month and 1 year loans? The only way I see it working is if we have a an option to buy at a pre-negotiated price at the end of the loan.

Otherwise your just giving Rodgers and his staffs labor and knowledge away for nothing.

Usually these deals do include an option at the end of the deal. However, even if they don't then it's still common to buy the player if they do well. Lukaku did not have an option to buy but both the club and player wanted the deal to happen. I don't the the Tielemans deal as an option to buy in it, but if I was a betting man I would bet on him joining in the summer.

Of course you ideally want the player signed up at our club, but look at Kante as an example. We owned him for a year, but really it's almost like we had him on loan for a season. We did of course make a massive profit on him, but I am saying that if a player is only here for a season but does amazing things for us, it's not the end of the world. We might need to do that for a few seasons before we are in a position to be big enough to not worry about it. We will see!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Oh aye... been absolutely cock on with this information have some.

June 2018

"Macia has left the club"

March 2019

Club says he's now left, all reports and information suggest he's continued to work for the club.

You can be somewhere and yet not be somewhere at the same time ..... the french press indicate that Macia had already been working for Bordeaux and not told us he wanted to leave .... I guess the kind of job he was doing means that’s possible to do! 

Totally unnaceptable and perhaps the club were ‘managing’ the situation to get to the best outcome for everyone.  

Leicester City can confirm that Eduardo Macià will be leaving his position as the Club’s Head of Recruitment on 15 March.
King Power Stadium
Having joined the Leicester City in September 2016, Eduardo has played a key role in the development of the Club’s recruitment strategy, including the identification and acquisition of several key players in a successful two-and-a-half-year spell. His knowledge and experience in both domestic and international markets have been significant assets for the Club, aiding the development of a young squad now rich with international talent.

After expressing a wish to seek new challenges, Eduardo has continued to demonstrate exemplary professionalism and commitment to his duties, ensuring the Club could adequately plan for both the summer transfer window and for long-term succession.

He departs with best wishes for his future career from everyone at Leicester City Football Club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Are we getting in that bloke from Sunderland/Celtic that will help us start pissing away money like that post title days.

Congerton had no money to piss. Unless you want to count the 9mil record transfer of Edouard from PSG last summer to Celtic.

I'm done talking about Celtic and Congerton:frusty:. I've wasted enough of my life already. Especially on Congerton who all anybody knows is nothing but rumours and BS.

Just now, st albans fox said:

You can be somewhere and yet not be somewhere at the same time ..... the french press indicate that Macia had already been working for Bordeaux and not told us he wanted to leave .... I guess the kind of job he was doing means that’s possible to do!

They also said that he was still working on signings for us and the club certainly seem to intimate the same in their statement.

Reading between the lines.... after not being linked with anyone, he's suddenly linked with about 20 teams starting early last summer. He / his agent have put those links out there to drum up interest as he wants to move (for whatever reason). Some interest arrives and he informs the club that he wants to go, but they say no they need him to see us through to a certain point or progress certain deals to a point before he's allowed. He does that whilst also putting things in place for his next move.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Steve Walsh coming back? 

For what its worth, i did see Steve Walsh Snr in John Lewis early January around the time he was rumored to return which I found strange. He said nothing was in the pipeline so who knows, he could of just been hitting the January sales :dunno:

Marcia leaving does concern me, especially with Lee Congerton his rumored replacement. 

• Like 1