Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Eduardo Macia to Bordeaux

52 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's easy to judge a Head scout, you basically look at their CV over the last few years and you can judge their buys retrospectively.

Really? So the club budget has nothing to do with it then. He could have identified the best ten players in the world. But has club was not rich enough or big enough to tempt the player. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I'd agree with most of this but for me, whatever way you look at it... 19 mill for Soyuncu seems a bad deal. 

He may end up improving and being a decent player, but there's been nothing to suggest hes anywhere close to a 19 million pound player.  For 19 mill you expect something pretty damn special, whatever their age. 

I dont know if this justifies it, but there were some shocking cb signing this season for similar prices

tf.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit much to be judging him after 8 appearance... 

I'd say the fact he cost £19m+ and only played 8 games it's not a great deal so far. As things turned out we could have kept Benkovic and spent £30m on decent winger instead of Soyuncu and Rachid. If Harry goes though, I'm sure it will end up being a decent deal as he's got potential. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I dont know if this justifies it, but there were some shocking cb signing this season for similar prices

tf.jpg

Thanks for posting that, gives both of our CB deals quite some context.

I think Soyuncu will end up being worth that money at worst, he already looked better than Vestergaard, Kongolo, Gibson, Mawson and Mepham. Sokratis is probably the best on that list, but is quite old and has no resale value. Also shows you how good a deal Evans was.

At the end of the day I put him under "too early to judge" for a reason. We will learn if he was or wasn't worth it in the next few years.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Really? So the club budget has nothing to do with it then. He could have identified the best ten players in the world. But has club was not rich enough or big enough to tempt the player. 

Club budget is nothing to do with it.

You just have to look who he signed and judge whether they were value for money or not in retrospect. 

Apparently he spotted Neymar and Coutinho as schoolboys but Inter Milan and Barcelona beat him to the punch. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'd say the fact he cost £19m+ and only played 8 games it's not a great deal so far. As things turned out we could have kept Benkovic and spent £30m on decent winger instead of Soyuncu and Rachid. If Harry goes though, I'm sure it will end up being a decent deal as he's got potential. 

I'm still convince he was brought with the possibility of Mags moving on to Man U and with one eye of the future, he doesn't look out of place in the PL and has lots of potential to improve. Mags staying has blocked he's path in to the first 11, I expect him to feature more heavily next year.

Yes I would have like a quality wide man too, but I don't think we could get one for the right price last summer or within the wage limit we want to offer. 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Club budget is nothing to do with it.

You just have to look who he signed and judge whether they were value for money or not in retrospect. 

Apparently he spotted Neymar and Coutinho as schoolboys but Inter Milan and Barcelona beat him to the punch. :rolleyes:

Need to learn to get out the check book faster.:frusty:

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

tf.jpg

Think this more shows where the market is in terms of signing a decent centre-back these days, everyone is inflated.

2 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Would be interesting to see the signings Congerton has been involved with if anybody has the time or the inclination.

Someone else, maybe a Celtic fan, showed them on another thread, they're awful. The only decent signing he's made is Coutinho and that was more Rafas buy than his.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Would be interesting to see the signings Congerton has been involved with if anybody has the time or the inclination.

Someone else, maybe a Celtic fan, showed them on another thread, they're awful. The only decent signing he's made is Coutinho and that was more Rafas buy than his.

Edit: Whoops

Edited by Nicolo Barella

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I'd agree with most of this but for me, whatever way you look at it... 19 mill for Soyuncu seems a bad deal. 

He may end up improving and being a decent player, but there's been nothing to suggest hes anywhere close to a 19 million pound player.  For 19 mill you expect something pretty damn special, whatever their age. 

As a mid-table premier league side, anything under 20 million is good if we're talking about buying young talent. That's the way the market is these days. 

• Like 1

Congerton was at Sunderland for three years, his successes there was signing a 32yo Defoe for £3.1m and Van Aanholt for £1.7m.

Nearly £120m and every other player he signed has been proved to be a bad value signing. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sunderland-afc/transfers/verein/289/plus/0?saison_id=2014&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sunderland-afc/transfers/verein/289/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sunderland-afc/transfers/verein/289/plus/0?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Papasmurf said:

The foxestalk masses have written people off a lot quicker than that before.

I wouldnt say im writing him off, he's our player so i'll support him. I just think that if he was good enough he would have featured more, I hope im wrong.  

But currently, Im sure if the club could get the 19 mil back they would jump at it.  Which is why id argue its been a negative on Macias transfers

Another trait that the foxestalk masses have is assuming someone who isnt featuring is better than they are. 

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Interesting...

He was here 1.5 years before Puel arrived and we refused to let Macia go to Bordeaux until he'd overseen last January's window and got the thorough work done for this summers window. This seems highly speculative and likely to be bull shit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Let me get this right. That tweet is saying Puel didn't use Macia and had enough control over transfers that they were all his picks? That is odd.

Doubt it... I'd suggest the most likely scenario is that we have a team in place doing the scouting and Rudkin above Macia. So much of the leg work from probably done by others. 

• Like 2

Puel likely directly oversaw Ghezzal, Diabate, Tielemans and Ricardo. Tielemans had links to him through Monaco. Ricardo said he joined because of Puel (likely because Puel gave him his first break). I find it hard to believe it was Puel and not Macia that targeted Benk, Soy and Maddison.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Doubt it... I'd suggest the most likely scenario is that we have a team in place doing the scouting and Rudkin above Macia. So much of the leg work from probably done by others. 

If we're to believe that Macia did nothing at Leicester, then yeah. That is what I want to believe (as it suggests that Congers is just in a puppet role), but it also kind of seems like it was just made up to fit the "Macia is useless narrative" these guys are pushing to Bordeaux fans.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

There is definitely an element of this at the club. I'm pretty sure that Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic were all signed by Rudkin / his team last season. Puel didn't seem upset at any of the transfers but I remember there was a clip on Sky where he was checking out Soyuncu play and basically admitting he didn't know too much about the player, though he had heard he was good. I do think Macia was highly involved in Soyuncu and Bekovic though.

But at the same time...

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Puel likely directly oversaw Ghezzal, Diabate, Tielemans and Ricardo. Tielemans had links to him through Monaco. Ricardo said he joined because of Puel (likely because Puel gave him his first break). I find it hard to believe it was Puel and not Macia that targeted Benk, Soy and Maddison.

These transfers definitely had the mark of Puel all over them. Tielemans and Ghezzal were known to be "on offer" in their respective windows as Watford were in for Ghezzal and Spurs and Arsenal were offered Tielemans. Maddison I am not sure about, but I bet Puel went to watch him play a few times regardless of he knew about him before or not. Puel clearly wanted someone to play the 4231 system in the 10 slot.

In summary, I am pretty sure Macia did do things for the club, though I don't think he handled everything. Probably the reason he went to Bordeaux to take the next job up (Director of Football) instead of his title with us, which was Head of Senior Player Recruitment.

That said, his signings for Bordeaux (or lack thereof) do look slightly shambolic!

52 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I find it hard to believe it was Puel and not Macia that targeted Benk, Soy and Maddison.

Why, out of interest? Those 3 were bought at 21 yo and we know Puel loves youth. Macia bought Iborra and Silva under Shakespeare.

I bet Macia wish he never left Leicester, sometimes the grass isn't necessarily green on the other side. He had it good here and now he getting slaughtered by by individuals in public for failings that may or may not have been his fault. Seems to me that Bordeaux don't seem to have much patience and want instant success in terms of recruitment.