Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Reddit soccer streams to close

I am waiting for the day people can pay LCFC and watch a decent stream on LCFCtv.    I realize this will impact on the number of Viewers paying to watch Sky/BT sports etc., so may they can offer a home game Season Ticket pass for each EPL Club?

The demand and technology are there, just needs brains to think this through.

Also, why LCFC cannot sell online readable Matchday programs to Overseas Fans is another missed chance.   Just needs LCFC marketing to get their brains in gear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

You can always get sky with the money you have saved by not going

I already do have Sky and BT Sport. My main point is that I will pay for matches that are televised, but obviously not that many are. I found it a bit crazy that on holiday in Sri Lanka this year I could watch a match on their local TV service which wasn't televised in the UK. 

Just now, rachhere said:

I already do have Sky and BT Sport. My main point is that I will pay for matches that are televised, but obviously not that many are. I found it a bit crazy that on holiday in Sri Lanka this year I could watch a match on their local TV service which wasn't televised in the UK. 

i understand that but the 3.00 kick offs are down to it not affecting grass roots football, which is after all the future of the game

5 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Not many of our games home or away have sold out

That may well be the case but there are a lot of people who for various reasons (living situations, responsibilities, work, location, mobility and so on) can't just "go to the game".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

There's already an alternative sub-reddit up and there will be a discord channel with links if that goes down. Streams aren't going away any time soon. They can keep trying but until the likes of Sky and BT Sport change their business model to suit modern day viewing needs; people will just continue to find alternative methods of watching the games.

Its nothing to do with Sky/BT.  Im sure they would love to show 3pm games.  Its a mandate from the FA who claim it will effect attendances at lower league fixtures.  Not sure how they are substantiating that claim however.

We’ve officially reached critical mass.

I regret to inform you all that a few days ago, the Reddit Admins got in touch with us about an impeding ban of this subreddit if changes weren’t made. The only way to save it, from our perspective, was to cease all user related activity here. Due to this, and to save the history behind this subreddit over the years, /r/soccerstreams will now serve as a home base for the official Soccer Streams mod team.

We’ll be using this subreddit to post announcements, updates and news in the event of any changes.

Stream links should now be posted in two separate places:

1. New subreddits: /r/soccerstreams_pl for EPL links, and /r/soccerstreams_other for ALL other leagues.
  2. Discord Server: We’ve also launched a Discord Server for links to EPL matches only. More invite links:

The aforementioned two are, for the moment, temporary solutions. We are working on a more permanent solution, however, due to the short notice we’ve had to work with what we have.

Lastly, it’s been a pleasure running this community for you guys, especially those of you who have been visiting us from the early days. We hope that you’ll continue to support us and allow us to find a new home for this wonderful community.

Stay tuned.

Love,

Soccer Streams Mod Team

So basically its still working but you need to go to different links /r/soccerstreams_pl for EPL matches.

• Like 1

Eventually the Premier League will become a broadcaster in it's own right.  It's why they recently tried to appoint a CEO with a broadcast background. 

If they can make that happen, then the revenue from that will far outstrip anything that they get from the current deals.  It will become more of a netflix type model, where you can subscribe to a team or a competition for a smaller monthly subscription than sky currently do. 

It's the future of the premier league and they will then own all of the content as well. 

Might not be tomorrow, but it will happen. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Probably because it would effect attendances in the long run, I still think you would get full stadiums for the majority of games however.

It’s the non league clubs what would struggle. Take a club like Chester - Liverpool etc available at 3pm, their crowds fall 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Here's  a novilty, why not go to the game ?

Price and travel? Just before Christmas I paid out 430 odd quid for me, my uncle and my dad to go Wolves away and the three home games in February. Granted that's for the three of us but you're still talking 35-40 quid per game, that's near enough a grand and a half if you go every game home and away. Some people don't have that sort of disposable cash, not to mention not everyone lives in Leicester (for home games) or can find time to travel (Wolves at an hour and a half drive is the only away game within a 4 hour round trip), particularly with the occasional stupid kickoff time (remember having Bournemouth away on a Tuesday night a couple of years ago?). Rather than a holier than thou "I go to games attitude", maybe consider the actual issue (fans who live in America can watch every game live on TV, fans who live in Anstey can't, while the crapshoot for TV games is far more expensive than elsewhere)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I am waiting for the day people can pay LCFC and watch a decent stream on LCFCtv.    I realize this will impact on the number of Viewers paying to watch Sky/BT sports etc., so may they can offer a home game Season Ticket pass for each EPL Club?

The demand and technology are there, just needs brains to think this through.

Also, why LCFC cannot sell online readable Matchday programs to Overseas Fans is another missed chance.   Just needs LCFC marketing to get their brains in gear.

They can barely stream a pre-season friendly without some kind of technical disaster

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Eventually the Premier League will become a broadcaster in it's own right.  It's why they recently tried to appoint a CEO with a broadcast background. 

If they can make that happen, then the revenue from that will far outstrip anything that they get from the current deals.  It will become more of a netflix type model, where you can subscribe to a team or a competition for a smaller monthly subscription than sky currently do. 

It's the future of the premier league and they will then own all of the content as well. 

Might not be tomorrow, but it will happen. 

That's what the model they have moved to in tennis now with ATP tour events being streamed via Amazon prime. It is making tennis more accessible to all (Amazon prime subscription is next to nothing considering what you get from it), but it has resulted in a drop in quality of coverage. 

I do see the argument about grass roots football and it's something I hadn't really considered. 

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

They can barely stream a pre-season friendly without some kind of technical disaster

! It was pretty disastrous. Personally though I always think the U23 coverage is really good quality considering what it is. Different camera angles, replays of key action, multiple people commentating on the match.