Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Reddit soccer streams to close

Something i'd never heard about as to why there is a blackout from 3 till 5. Fvckin Burnley and there 2 bit cowboy outfits fault is the reason why!!!

It all started in the 1960s. Convinced by Burnley Chairman Bob Lord, Football League Chairmen joined forces to halt the airing of matches at 3pm on a Saturday. But why? Lord felt that big games being televised at that time would hurt attendances for smaller clubs, like his Burnley team.

Reasoning that people would rather watch a big game than support their local team, these Chairmen feared the potential loss of match-day revenue that could occur.

And so, based on that premise, with no real proof other than a hunch it came to pass that no match on a Saturday between 2:45 and 5:15 could be aired on TV within the UK. This has remained in place ever since, with the exception of the FA Cup final which has always been shown on a Saturday at 3pm until only recently when it was switched to 5pm in a controversial move by the FA.

20 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

There needs to be pay per view games. Pay like 5-10 quid to watch the game.

I can agree with this. I cant make a live game being here but would pay 5 quid to watch just a city game. Dont care about other games as my life of a parent doesnt give me much time to watch the tube.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, southfox66 said:

To be honest I won't miss it. I find that my streams have been pretty poor most weeks oddly it only seems to be since Puel took over :)

Christ is Puel being blamed for this now? Arise the new Ritchie Wellens.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adster said:

If Sky Sports was cheaper and more bespoke, I would buy it. Simple as.

If they continue to fleece customers as they currently do, I will stick to streaming. 

In Malaysia you pay around 45 Euros a month and you can watch ANY game live as all shown on separate channels.   I guess that is on par with Sky now?

Paid for a Season Ticket

Paid for BT Sport

Paid for Sky Sports

Wants to watch a LCFC away game with 3pm kickoff - only option is illegal stream.

Premier League: HERR DURR MU LOST REVENUE. TAKE IT DOWN

Give us an option to pay for it then you massive bunch of incompetents. Can't get round the law changed to show games at 3 and benefit the fans, but no trouble throwing their weight and cash around at tame Politicians and ISPs to get illegal streams taken down of games that they aren't even selling in this country AND blocking VPN sites to prevent fans paying for cheaper legal streams in other countries.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't think if all games were on TV that attendances would drop - I'd still prefer to go to a game over watching it on TV and given the demand for PL football I can see that we will still continue to sell out most weeks.

I don't think it's massively about the PL but the lower leagues. If suddenly people can stay in and watch Arsenal at 3pm, then plenty will choose that than going to watch Barnet play.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Wants to watch a LCFC away game with 3pm kickoff - only option is illegal stream

You are so wrong

it is possible to watch any 3.00 pm prem league game via  a satellite feed , mostly the motd feed , all you need is a motorised satellite dish.

Granted some times the feed is encrypted where to watch could be classed as illegal, but there is no way you could brought to account.

Maybe 50% are not encrypted so no problem what so ever.

Best bet is to google satellite forums and learn the techniques.

Sky is expensive but I would happily  pay it if I could watch Leicester week in week out it I NOT paying it for a handful of Leicester games and one of the top 6 week I  week out. 

Idontknoe why they don't red button every game so people have a choice. 

10 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Plastic bastards.

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

Unless they are Barnet fans.

Problem is, how many of those fans 'support' other teams? They'll see their local team play but when you have the choice of watching a PL game on TV in the middle of winter against paying £25 for lower league football, especially when you have divided loyalties, it's a no brainer.

Edited by dmayne7

The Premier League has just opened its first International Office in Singapore.   It is reported that their Lawyers are going after South East Asian on-line Pirates that are streaming games illegally.    Most Malaysian Bars and Restaurants show the games via illegal streams so I am not surprised to see this.   The EPL is obviously on a mission now, so mentions of streams should perhaps be totally curtailed in 'public' on FT, to avoid our Mods been done up like Kippers.