Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Not signing anyone

55 minutes ago, Vossen said:

Doubt we'll sign anyone as the new training ground is being built +++ the expansion of the king power stadium...

Looks like the youth will come through for us

Surely two different budgets infrastructure and players, only players is subject to FFP and has restricted sources where as infrastructure can be sourced from anywhere.

You may be correct about signings and Puel has already intimated that there wont be much movement in but I doubt it has much to do with the infrastructure improvements.

Just now, davieG said:

Surely two different budgets infrastructure and players, only players is subject to FFP and has restricted sources where as infrastructure can be sourced from anywhere.

You may be correct about signings and Puel has already intimated that there wont be much movement in but I doubt it has anything to do with the infrastructure improvements.

The money for players either comes from sales of current players, or the premier league money. The loan is linked directly to the premier league prize money from what I could see, so anyone coming in is likely to be financed through sales. Basically not far off what happened last summer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The money for players either comes from sales of current players, or the premier league money. The loan is linked directly to the premier league prize money from what I could see, so anyone coming in is likely to be financed through sales. Basically not far off what happened last summer.

Ah ok. 

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would like to see Knight subbed on in some game as the anchor of the 4-3-3 in midfield.

He's unfortunate that he is knocking on the door at a time that we have a shit load of centre halves and too many similar defensive midfielders. He would be worth a look in a 3-4-2-1 as could offer the flexibility from defence to midfield if Maguire is injured.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We've taken out a huge loan to pay for the training ground and stadium expansion, so I’m not sure if that’s going to affect our transfer budget much. We spent loads last summer but mainly because we were able to get a huge fee for Mahrez and hilariously Musa. 

January’s very difficult to get value for money so as we’re stable in the Premier League and committed to a long term strategy with a manager able to fulfil it, I can’t see us doing any business this week. 

That loan will have nothing to do with the ground expansion. Would not be good business borrowing money for something you may not get planning permission for. 

Also how much was the loan for? The training ground is liable to cost north of £100m.

59 minutes ago, sylofox said:

That loan will have nothing to do with the ground expansion. Would not be good business borrowing money for something you may not get planning permission for. 

Also how much was the loan for? The training ground is liable to cost north of £100m.

Sure I read that all the premier league money for this season and next was going to the bank. Really not certain about this though or what exactly it is paying for. But the way I read it certainly looks as most cash, apart from sales, will be repaying the loan though the Mahrez money is also being paid directly to the bank by Man City I think.

Before the transfer window we knew it was unlikely we would sign anybody senior. It's most likely if we do any deals then it will be players leaving. King, James, Okazaki etc. What I do hope is that some of our youngsters get out of the U23's on loan. Knight, Pascanu, Ughelumba, Dewsbury-Hall and Johnson have been the standout U23 players this season.

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Sure I read that all the premier league money for this season and next was going to the bank. Really not certain about this though or what exactly it is paying for. But the way I read it certainly looks as most cash, apart from sales, will be repaying the loan though the Mahrez money is also being paid directly to the bank by Man City I think.

Why would we take on such a short loan, it doesn’t make sense? We could borrow over 5-10 years quite comfortably. Unless they worry about relegation so want it paid off as early as possible?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's unfortunate that he is knocking on the door at a time that we have a shit load of centre halves and too many similar defensive midfielders. He would be worth a look in a 3-4-2-1 as could offer the flexibility from defence to midfield if Maguire is injured.

Will be off to a league 1 club by the end of the window on loan. 

Edited by alanf0x
  • Like 1

been saying since the start of the window we are not signing anyone, for the first team at least.

read in to it what you will, its either

A), The board wholeheartedly support Puel and trust the way he has set the team / squad up

B), The board do not trust him to make anymore signings and he is gone in the summer before the next window opens.

C), you can only buy players no one else wants or pay a massive premium, or both of those things combined.

55 minutes ago, Cujek said:

been saying since the start of the window we are not signing anyone, for the first team at least.

read in to it what you will, its either

A), The board wholeheartedly support Puel and trust the way he has set the team / squad up

B), The board do not trust him to make anymore signings and he is gone in the summer before the next window opens.

C), you can only buy players no one else wants or pay a massive premium, or both of those things combined.

I think this is 100% B). We are not in real danger of relegation and Top has alot to deal with. I would put money on the fact he will ride this season out with Puel and make a change in the summer. We have always spent money in January so can't see it being a sudden policy change, they just don't want to give this manager funds.

Edited by Fox 4 Life