Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd Home Match Thread

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

No excuse to not have Tielemans on the bench ahead of Okazaki and Ghezzal

Pleased Barnes is starting though

Apart from the fact that Okazaki and Ghezzal are both forwards and Tielemans is a midfielder

• Like 3

That's a fairly attacking side for Man. U, even with N'didi and Mendy in there.  Wonder if we'll see Maddison drop a little bit deeper behind Gray and Barnes on the wings, almost playing in an advanced #8 role.

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

Apart from the fact that Okazaki and Ghezzal are both forwards and Tielemans is a midfielder

I’m sure Puel has named stranger benches. Didn’t he have a bench with no strikers on the other week? 

Edited by Leeds Fox

Pleased Barnes starts but it’s a big occasion for him. Hope he rises to the challenge and looks less nervy than his last start.

I’m assuming Albrighton is injured because Ghezzal on the bench ahead of him is a crime against football.

Sad Youri won’t feature today but I didn’t expect him to be ready in terms of fitness or time with the team in training - it’s also a ridiculously high risk fixture to debut a player. No problem with Puel for that.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Pleased Barnes starts but it’s a big occasion for him. Hope he rises to the challenge and looks less nervy than his last start.

I’m assuming Albrighton is injured because Ghezzal on the bench ahead of him is a crime against football.

Sad Youri won’t feature today but I didn’t expect him to be ready in terms of fitness or time with the team in training - it’s also a ridiculously high risk fixture to debut a player. No problem with Puel for that.

He was nervy last time cos those mank Wolves fans booed him every time he got the ball, and he still scored a goal.  He'll be fine I reckon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m sure Puel has names stranger benches. Didn’t he have a bench with no strikers on the other week? 

And he was heavily slated for that. Proves that there really is no winning for him.

• Like 3

Bit bummed Youri isn't in the starting lineup but the club must have thought he needed that extra few days. As long as he's on the bench or starting next week I'm going with it.

Claude going for the win here. Hope we're not left too wide open. Thrilled for Barnes. Come on, Foxes!

No excuse for Tielemans not being on the bench. Saying he’s only been with the team less than week and not trained enough is no excuse either. He’s been training the entire season with Monaco, he’s a professional athlete and by all accounts a very good footballer. 

Its typical Puel though, I shouldn’t be surprised. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Yes.  Nothing major, but not worth the risk.

Performance and result v Liverpool was OK wasn't it?  Players from bench did well. People complain he chops and changes too much.  Barnes is an inforced change and the right player to bring in.  YT hasn't had long with the team, so the correct decision in my opinion.

He's a loan signing here for most likely no more than 14 games, giving him twenty minutes today would most likely integrate him quicker. Fairly bizarre decision.

• Like 2

The team often don't look like they know what they are doing even when they have been training so any excuse about leaving Youri out of the squad because he's only trained for two days is utter horseshit. He's only here for 14 games, let's not name him in the squad. Well done Claude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1