Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

13 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Their second was just absolutely shocking decision making from Ricardo. Why not just play a sensible ball? He had so much time. 

The first was very close, pretty sure it was offside. 

The third was cruel, but we got caught pushing. Not much we could have done there really. 

We need to work on finishing, but I truly believe that if it were Vardy one on one today, he'd score several of those chances that Harvey missed. Puel has to take some of the wrap for playing no strikers. Premier League players really need to be finishing those sorts of chances. As we discovered today, if you're wasteful, you get banged.  (P.s. no pop at Harvey, it was too big of a game for him really, he did well to find space etc). 

Also making a player come off the bench straight into a vital penalty is just stupidity, let the lad find his game before getting him to take such a crucial penalty. That should of been taken by someone else. 

Overall, it's a positive performance, but we're really in danger here of freefalling into danger. We're now officially the worst form team. Relegation form in fact. We need to sort it quickly. 

You’re bang on with this. I can’t remember anyone else picking up on Ricardo’s cockup which led to their 2nd. And it’s not the first time he’s made a bad decision that lead to us conceding. I just hope, that given Barnes missed chances today, he’s not dropped against Palace, Puel stuck with Chilly last season whilst he was inconsistent. So I am hoping that bodes well for Barnes. When he gets his first,  he’ll fly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Can't fault that performance at all really. 

Says a lot that we come away from a side challenging for the title and a 3-1 score flatters them. 

Yes we all had a go at Puel for dropping Vardy but we still created plenty of opportunities and should have buried some of them. Even more so when he was on the pitch as well. Game could have even been put to bed by the time they scored any of their goals and that's what frustrates me. 

Don't see how Puel can wholly be blamed for that defeat. Some players out there will be very disappointed at not scoring. 

The promising thing is that we played some very nice football today.

So your saying we created plenty of opportitys and we dropped one of the best finishers in European football? 

Please explain that one? 

Bedford massive ❤️?

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison said that he turned down Southampton after a call from Puel. Not like we were his only option, multiple clubs were after him.  And if you genuinely believe that Hamza or Barnes would have broken into the first team the same way they have under Puel under another manager, I don't know what to say.

I bet you were one of the majority who thought Chilwell needed a loan to the Championship. 

You really think Maddison had better options than us for regular first team football apart from Southampton,  no brainer on his part. Hamza hasn't started for the last three weeks, explain that!! Any manager that knew what he was doing would certainly have started him today of all games - Spurs away?:claude:

As for  Chillwell, I've always been a massive fan so don't presume my thoughts regarding him 

Edited by CyprusFox

2 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

To suggest we created more without, Jesus wept. 

Vardy should start simple as that.

Tielemans was the difference let's not over complicate this. 

Maddison created the most chances again...

I agree. I'm not saying that Vardy should be out the team but we clearly have a problem to play to his strengths. I'll be interested to see how Tielemans and Vardy can combine. 4-3-3 for me with Maddison and Tielemans in midfield with Ndidi. 

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison said that he turned down Southampton after a call from Puel. Not like we were his only option, multiple clubs were after him.  And if you genuinely believe that Hamza or Barnes would have broken into the first team the same way they have under Puel under another manager, I don't know what to say.

I bet you were one of the majority who thought Chilwell needed a loan to the Championship. 

I think you're wrong here. We have a track record over the last decade of giving young talent opportunities to progress. Chilly was in and around the team before Puel and Hamza has made sporadic appearances in the past too (he won't get a look in now Tielmans is here either). Madison, Chilly and Gray have all been progressing towards England call ups (at youth level) via the under 21's then 23's etc. So it's not like Puel has magically made them part of the international set up. 

I'm not disputing that he has bedded these players in well. But I do think they would have broken through under Pearson, Shakespeare and Ranieri had they still been at the club. 

Edited by Foxhateram

6 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

You really think Maddison had better options than us for regular first team football apart from Southampton,  no brainer on his part. Hamza hasn't started for the last three weeks, explain that!! Any manager that knew what he was doing would certainly have started him today of all games - Spurs away?:claude:

You’d have to be blind to think that the midfield didn’t perform well today

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Loss after loss after loss...Spurs are 3rd we played them on their designated turf!!? Spurs can't ever this season be rated has poor...!!I

If it's passed not just you but all,who are again using today to have another b o r I n g   go at the manager...all those losses were with Vardy the goal-scorer, failing to convert..!!!   

I for one enjoyed his selection,giving more movement,because Tielemans our new loan,realised today his potential and hit the ground running...

But no again The childish Puel out brigade have to keep gnawing on a bone,even making up stories over older players disenchantment!!!!

Today's story for normal people.... "Is Tieleman the player,who he!ps to fit the puzzle in Puel s youth revelution". 

What a solid PL start..

His movement,and skill-set, seen him up the potential of young players Barnes,Maddison,Gray,and Ndidi...This young team outmanouevered,a normal Slick Spurs...Barnes,could of eased to an hattrick..but more importantly,it looks like Leicester have turned a corner on front-foot, solid performance,that should of eased Puels, Fans, and players own minor worries....

Tieleman has shown and proven what Leicester have been missing...

Today again individual mistakes lost them the Game....

They didn't miss Vardy,because he also hasn't been converting and like today in hit n miss form!!

so why shouldn't Puel try something  new,   with Vardy as the man  who can change things from the bench!!

but no ,Noooo. the negatives have to be played out,insistent and continuous...whine with wein,bleat with beer,moan worse than fisherman's wives..!!

Which  now is going too far  killing any enjoyment on this forum...

not Puel but this negative Plague is dragging,my favourite forum into the pits....It's taken over and it passes by

without thought the normal and actual headlines and banter of the gameplay play.

Feeds the cretin press and media that use 600 posters views of (look at polls) posters determined to

undermine and not support the club,at least once a week!!!!     

Tielemans and the positive performances these are the REAL stories....!!

Foxes young guns,slowly getting there....

Yes. But we lost. Again.

People were giving Ghezzal stick for not giving Ricardo an option for their second goal. Much as I rate Ricardo, just put it down the line, you might give them the ball back but at least it’s 70yards from your own goal. Two weeks running his ‘ambitious’ pass has cost us a goal against quality opposition. Hopefully he’ll learn from it. He’s been one of our best performers but needs to cut that out ASAP 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

People were giving Ghezzal stick for not giving Ricardo an option for their second goal. Much as I rate Ricardo, just put it down the line, you might give them the ball back but at least it’s 70yards from your own goal. Two weeks running his ‘ambitious’ pass has cost us a goal against quality opposition. Hopefully he’ll learn from it. He’s been one of our best performers but needs to cut that out ASAP 

Need to see it again - was a long way from our end. Did he just punt it against skipp? My initial thought was that Ghezzal could have completed the clearance himself without playing it back to Ricardo. 

18 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

We looked good. 

The best team lost.

Gutted about this. Hearing Spurs fans on social media laughing about it, saying we finished 2nd today in a 1 horse race. :-(

I hardly ever post but my thoughts 

Fanbase - I ve not seen a fan base so divided in my time following city. Its so black and white, your either in or out! No in between, that’s not allowed. It’s a mirror of brexit (sorry for bringing that up).

I will say that we need to remember that’s it not May 2016. We ll never get that team back (99% sure of that). If we accept that the less divided it we ll be. 

Top 6 - with all the capital expenditure (training ground and stadium) and KP duty free monopoly, we are unlikely to finance the 100m+ it ll need to brake into it. We need to be pragmatic as a fan base about this. May be Medium goal

This year - Big few games coming up. None of the top six until end of April. Need 7 from the next 3 games. Can t keep playing well and losing. I can seeing us limping though until the summer then the club will review. The manager will be judged by results ultimately and not weather he’s playing Vardy or how bad Mendy is a passing forwards. 

Youth - the club will cash in Chilwell etc at some point because we can t get into the top 6 (hopefully explain that above). This provides the revenue stream that the owners may not. This also a reason why Puel was hired.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Need to see it again - was a long way from our end. Did he just punt it against skipp? My initial thought was that Ghezzal could have completed the clearance himself without playing it back to Ricardo. 

Ghezzal could have pushed up more from memory but Ricky could have put it down the line, anywhere but where it ended up. You could tell he was cross with himself, every time he got forward if something didn’t come off he was shouting at himself. Glad he got the assist for Vardys goal. 

How many passes for our goal then? 

Youri needs to be signed permanently and were another player maybe 2 away from becoming a real force in the Premier League.

Puel is building something but it's more than likely another manager will come in and reep the rewards. 

I thought we played well today and on another day we'd have stuffed em.

I thought Maddison was poor and has not been at his best for a while. Tielemans showed him how to play with creative purpose and accuracy - best debut I've seen in ages. In the next game I'd consider going with a front four of Vardy, Barnes, Gray, and Ghezzal who I thought had his best all round 90 mins in a city shirt.

Maguire and even Ricardo also not quite at the races recently, but today's performance does illustrate we're only a couple of key signings off a really good team.

I've always been fairly ambivalent about Puel, but more leaning towards giving him as much time as possible unless we're dragged towards relegation. Oddly enough though it's been the last couple of losses that have made me want to see what he can deliver with this group of players beyond this season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Taken directly from Spurs Forum:

3-1 FT.

Get the **** in.

Hallmark of Champions. Sticking it out. Resolute. Character. Bottle. Winning.

frightening to think who wrote this was genuine in its contents. Gotta feel for Spurs, will the penny ever drop for them?

please, Manchester, or Liverpool, just one of you, do not **** up