Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Because of Puel :blink: lol

I don't mind reasonable arguements on both sides but some people on here make Puel to be the second coming of Christ.

No, just a decent man doing a decent job. I’d say the opposite is more true, many on here think he’s evil incarnate. 

Edited by Nickfosse

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

It's no wonder there's such a divide between the Puel In and Puel Out sides.

One side can say that we gave 3rd place a huge scare, outplayed them for large parts of the game, had the chances to win the game comfortably, had our new signing look the part.

The other side can say we've just lost our sixth game in eight, gone 1-0 down for the 12th game in 14, conceded 3 and should have conceded a penalty to a team missing two of their key players.

Take your pick. There's truth in both for me, and this is why the bloke will just never make total sense to me.

Don't think you can overlook the fact he went for Mendy over Ndidi and only got bailed out of this obvious error by an injury to Mendy in the warm-up. I don't think we have anything like that performance without Ndidi playing.

Feel for Barnes. He needs that first goal and he'll smash it.

Vardy not starting is a luxury we simply cannot afford. Our attacking options beyond him are worse than a sizeable number of the Championship and that's no exaggeration.

He's got this last 12 games to save himself, and the next 9 are all in the kinds of games we struggle in. That next two are crucial. 4 points minimum for me. Lose both and we're in relegation danger.

Great post

Balanced and pragmatic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

Because of Puel :blink: lol

I don't mind reasonable arguements on both sides but some people on here make Puel to be the second coming of Christ.

Both Ricardo and Maddison have literally come out and said Puel was a part of the reason they signed. Do you think Hamza or Barnes would be where they are without him, would Chilwell be as good as he is now without him? Piss off. His football is often shite but this is literally the one thing you can't criticise about him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

How does it change whether it’s written or spoken? The words are still the same. Chilwell spoke about how much Claude has helped him. Vardy on the other hand spoke about how much he was struggling under Claude. 

Well I was talking more regards body language on camera thus not coming across in written press.

7 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

The fact you've identified this group of young players are thriving is because Puel appears to be getting the best out of them (even if the results aren't consistent). That's the point. If he was given a striker other than Vardy to work with in January this would be a very different conversation. See the bigger picture. 

I don't think he's getting anywhere near the best out of them. That's my point.

6 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Talk of us being in any danger of relegation is rubbish. We're 500/1 to go down!

Whilst I don't think we'll be in any danger of relegation, we are only 8 points clear.

To have gone out of both cups then to keep being told/have the thoughts 'well let's focus on finishing as high as we can' to then drop to 12th is a big concern and frustration.

To then keep seeing this new phrase coined on Foxestalk of "We're 500/1 to go down"...you do know we were 5000/1 to win the league and defied it don't you? I don't see what being 500/1 to go down works or gives any defence to what's going on.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Whilst I don't think we'll be in any danger of relegation, we are only 8 points clear.

To have gone out of both cups then to keep being told/have the thoughts 'well let's focus on finishing as high as we can' to then drop to 12th is a big concern and frustration.

To then keep seeing this new phrase coined on Foxestalk of "We're 500/1 to go down"...you do know we were 5000/1 to win the league and defied it don't you?

Well everyone was moaning about lack of excitement, so come on...5000/1 then 500!

C7EB78B4-B6C8-428B-A870-30A874ECA302.jpeg.e0b89f6daa5984a4d115854a67382790.jpeg

Anyone who plays football, at whatever level, will know that even when you play well you can still lose. That's what happened today and against Manure and Liverpool. There was a Spuds supporter on R5Live earlier who was completely honest (for once) and said we played really well and deserved "at least a point, if not more" from that game. 

Granted, the Vardy droppage seemed a bit strange. I don't know if there's a clash of personalities involved but he should have started. Or did Puel think he'd be better coming off the bench. Maybe he's not 90 minutes fit for some reason. We don't know and any speculation is not proof of fact.

I'm not Puel out, but I'm yet to be convinced he is right for us long term. He's an enigma. Yet to be proven right or wrong.

However, I do think he picked a good starting 11 today. But why are we bringing on Okazaki, ever?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's no wonder there's such a divide between the Puel In and Puel Out sides.

One side can say that we gave 3rd place a huge scare, outplayed them for large parts of the game, had the chances to win the game comfortably, had our new signing look the part.

The other side can say we've just lost our sixth game in eight, gone 1-0 down for the 12th game in 14, conceded 3 and should have conceded a penalty to a team missing two of their key players.

Take your pick. There's truth in both for me, and this is why the bloke will just never make total sense to me.

Don't think you can overlook the fact he went for Mendy over Ndidi and only got bailed out of this obvious error by an injury to Mendy in the warm-up. I don't think we have anything like that performance without Ndidi playing.

Feel for Barnes. He needs that first goal and he'll smash it.

Vardy not starting is a luxury we simply cannot afford. Our attacking options beyond him are worse than a sizeable number of the Championship and that's no exaggeration.

He's got this last 12 games to save himself, and the next 9 are all in the kinds of games we struggle in. That next two are crucial. 4 points minimum for me. Lose both and we're in relegation danger.

Fkin ell you’ve been watching too much sky, that was never a pen. Clear dive and he got booked. 

• Like 1

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

The big positive i took from today was that when we scored, we did it by breaking down a team with 10 men behind the ball,  and those 10 men were tottenham. I feel positive.

Tbf it was a fabulous goal with Tielemans playing a key role in assisting the assist! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Fkin ell you’ve been watching too much sky, that was never a pen. Clear dive and he got booked. 

Didn't even listen to their analysis to be honest. Another one of those where I can see both sides - he's made the most of it but there is no doubt that there is contact. I would be ****ed off if we didn't get that. I thought ours was softer.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Didn't even listen to their analysis to be honest. Another one of those where I can see both sides - he's made the most of it but there is no doubt that there is contact. I would be ****ed off if we didn't get that. I thought ours was softer.

So why wasn't Rose booked and sent off? He dived. Minimal contact isn't a an excuse. A dive is a dive. The ref didn't give a pen so therefore it wasn't a foul, so therefore it's a dive.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Both Ricardo and Maddison have literally come out and said Puel was a part of the reason they signed. Do you think Hamza or Barnes would be where they are without him, would Chilwell be as good as he is now without him? Piss off. His football is often shite but this is literally the one thing you can't criticise about him. 

Ricardo and maddison were both desperate to play in the pl. Why wouldn't Hamza and Barnes be where they are now without Puel? Chillwell was always destined to be an England player without any influence from Puel. The only thing I agree about your post is the fact that the football we play is often shite. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Does he, or are people assuming a player dropped for poor form must actually be dropped because of some footage from the previous week that is probably just a dodgy cut? In other words, did he, or do people want him to have done so to justify their hatred of him?

The fact is, Vardy does a poor job of coming back to the ball and participating in the build up. That means we are effectively playing a man down up front when we are trying to move the ball around and create space. I love the guy, but we looked far more dangerous creating clear opportunities with Gray up front despite his/our failure(s) finishing. 

I know that feels like a betrayal to many fans. A betrayal of Vardy, our talisman, the guy who led us to the title. But he still has a role, esp against teams that play a high line. We are going to discover something amazing over the next month -- that we can win games without him. And that is a MASSIVE step fwd for the club. We have a future in the Prem beyond Vards. We needn't be a yo-yo club anymore.

Claude is building something here, and we can see it taking shape. If we are getting the football we saw today on a weekly basis, we will soon have confident young players scoring goals and challenging for the top-6. We don't have much waiting left -- we still need a better CF, but we'd have won today if Barnes hadn't choked but instead had put one through the first 20 min. We are ready to start rattling off some wins the next 9. I can see us getting 18 or so, 2 points per game, over that stretch of we keep this line-up.

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

It's great to see such positivity on this forum and, yes, the performance was much better. But when push comes to shove, we LOST. we lost to a pretty poor Spurs team - one which didn't really have to get out of first gear to beat us by 2 clear goals. Yes, we shoulda, coulda, woulda done better if we'd taken our chances but the manager decided to bench our one-and-only goalscorer. Loss after loss after loss - lets be honest: this manager has no idea on how to turn it around. He needs to go. NOW.

Loss after loss after loss...Spurs are 3rd we played them on their designated turf!!? Spurs can't ever this season be rated has poor...!!I

If it's passed not just you but all,who are again using today to have another b o r I n g   go at the manager...all those losses were with Vardy the goal-scorer, failing to convert..!!!   

I for one enjoyed his selection,giving more movement,because Tielemans our new loan,realised today his potential and hit the ground running...

But no again The childish Puel out brigade have to keep gnawing on a bone,even making up stories over older players disenchantment!!!!

Today's story for normal people.... "Is Tieleman the player,who he!ps to fit the puzzle in Puel s youth revelution". 

What a solid PL start..

His movement,and skill-set, seen him up the potential of young players Barnes,Maddison,Gray,and Ndidi...This young team outmanouevered,a normal Slick Spurs...Barnes,could of eased to an hattrick..but more importantly,it looks like Leicester have turned a corner on front-foot, solid performance,that should of eased Puels, Fans, and players own minor worries....

Tieleman has shown and proven what Leicester have been missing...

Today again individual mistakes lost them the Game....

They didn't miss Vardy,because he also hasn't been converting and like today in hit n miss form!!

so why shouldn't Puel try something  new,   with Vardy as the man  who can change things from the bench!!

but no ,Noooo. the negatives have to be played out,insistent and continuous...whine with wein,bleat with beer,moan worse than fisherman's wives..!!

Which  now is going too far  killing any enjoyment on this forum...

not Puel but this negative Plague is dragging,my favourite forum into the pits....It's taken over and it passes by

without thought the normal and actual headlines and banter of the gameplay play.

Feeds the cretin press and media that use 600 posters views of (look at polls) posters determined to

undermine and not support the club,at least once a week!!!!     

Tielemans and the positive performances these are the REAL stories....!!

Foxes young guns,slowly getting there....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That’s true - it’s not like Warnock trying to make bricks without straw with the likes of Peltier and Bamba ; this is a team full of gifted footballers who are not performing as they are capable of . I think he deserves time to get it right though simply  because constant chopping and changing never works . 

Their second was just absolutely shocking decision making from Ricardo. Why not just play a sensible ball? He had so much time. 

The first was very close, pretty sure it was offside. 

The third was cruel, but we got caught pushing. Not much we could have done there really. 

We need to work on finishing, but I truly believe that if it were Vardy one on one today, he'd score several of those chances that Harvey missed. Puel has to take some of the wrap for playing no strikers. Premier League players really need to be finishing those sorts of chances. As we discovered today, if you're wasteful, you get banged.  (P.s. no pop at Harvey, it was too big of a game for him really, he did well to find space etc). 

Also making a player come off the bench straight into a vital penalty is just stupidity, let the lad find his game before getting him to take such a crucial penalty. That should of been taken by someone else. 

Overall, it's a positive performance, but we're really in danger here of freefalling into danger. We're now officially the worst form team. Relegation form in fact. We need to sort it quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Their second was just absolutely shocking decision making from Ricardo. Why not just play a sensible ball? He had so much time. 

The first was very close, pretty sure it was offside. 

The third was cruel, but we got caught pushing. Not much we could have done there really. 

We need to work on finishing, but I truly believe that if it were Vardy one on one today, he'd score several of those chances that Harvey missed. Puel has to take some of the wrap for playing no strikers. Premier League players really need to be finishing those sorts of chances. As we discovered today, if you're wasteful, you get banged.  (P.s. no pop at Harvey, it was too big of a game for him really, he did well to find space etc). 

Also making a player come off the bench straight into a vital penalty is just stupidity, let the lad find his game before getting him to take such a crucial penalty. That should of been taken by someone else. 

Overall, it's a positive performance, but we're really in danger here of freefalling into danger. We're now officially the worst form team. Relegation form in fact. We need to sort it quickly. 

And before anyone points out we’ve played three big teams recently, what about the games before that ?  

36 minutes ago, sdb said:

Played so well today. Fair play for that selection and set up. 

If we played like that more often I’d have no qualms with Puel. Can’t help it when our finishing is so poor. 

As others have quipped to such 'pint half full' posts as these though, we still lost! The trouble is with the way this season's going I think we'll struggle to replicate today's quality showing (albeit in defeat still....!) - and how we played at Anfield - against the so called lesser sides such as Palace and Brighton....lose or fail to win either of those and others similar to follow (and we invariably do to Palace at home of course!), then it really will be turning into a relegation avoidance season. How did this happen with us being the third biggest spenders last summer and with us keeping Maguire?? 

19 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Ricardo and maddison were both desperate to play in the pl. Why wouldn't Hamza and Barnes be where they are now without Puel? Chillwell was always destined to be an England player without any influence from Puel. The only thing I agree about your post is the fact that the football we play is often shite. 

Maddison said that he turned down Southampton after a call from Puel. Not like we were his only option, multiple clubs were after him.  And if you genuinely believe that Hamza or Barnes would have broken into the first team the same way they have under Puel under another manager, I don't know what to say.

I bet you were one of the majority who thought Chilwell needed a loan to the Championship. 

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We have literally never, in the entire history of the club, seen so many young talents emerge to claim starting spots. We've never had so many players develop under a manager the way Maguire, Chilwell, Hamza, Barnes, etc. have. FFS he was making Amartey into a solid RB, Mendy was destined to be back in France as a Prem flop, players like Ricardo and Maddison have transitioned incredibly well, Ndidi even looks to have something when he's on the ball of late! You think it a simple matter for players to transition so effectively to the Prem? What, it is typical for Leicester to develop players like Maguire and Chilwell, who are prob worth 120 mill+ combined? Chilwell was ineffextive before Puel arrived. Maguire was prone to lapses in concentration before Puel arrived. Now they are coveted by the best teams in the world.

What about those u-23s that have torn up the league the last two season? What, you think they are achieving *despite* Claude's persistent involvement with the side? 

What, just a big COINCIDENCE that we hire a manager with a reputation for developing young talent and we experience the sudden onset of young talent developing?

Mate, you're not this myopic. You're upset we're losing. Everyone is. But we're about to turn the corner and rattle off an impressive stretch of wins. We really need a CF who has grown up in a similar style, but Gray is good enough for us to start locking down teams below us in the table.

This is when it all starts to come together. Right now, starting next game.

• Like 1