Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

What ? 

Claudio won us the league and was knifed by this man the next season 

Claudio earned a lifetime of respect 

Hmm...

Just now, Foxboy said:

You are spinning it. You’re saying that chilwell isn’t defending puel because he likes him as a manager he’s only doing it because dissing the manager would halt his career. You’ve then gone on to say that it is widely known how good chilwell is, with him being klopps number 1 target for left back. Which shows that without Leicester and without Claude chilwell could still go on to have a great career. So maybe, just maybe, chilwell actually likes Claude as a manager and is happy at Leicester, with Claude in charge. 

Did i mention Chilwell in my original post ?   I said ‘young players’ ....it was a general point and I stand by it ....you seem to be in a bad mood ....perhaps you wouldn’t be if we had started the game with a recognised striker ??

@Nickfosse - I would usually agree with you but the die is already cast on this and the manager trying to assert his authority now is pointless when the players all know he is on his way by the close season ..... add to that we don’t have an alternative player for Vardy’s position and it’s just a self defeating principled point to make  

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Playing entertaining football? Check

Starting Ndidi come hell or high water? Check

Can't finish our chances? Check

Ever younger team? Check

Continue missing penalties? Check

Puel in? Check

If Vardy really did challenge Puel's authority, he absolutely deserved a benching. 

Ndidi wasn’t starting .......

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Defeat aside. It was a really good performance from us today. 

Whatever is happening with Vardy and Puel, it needs to end because it hurt is in this game. We played really well and with Vardy up top and Gray in place of Ghezzal, that looks like a very exciting team. Tielemans brings it together. 

We had a go and we lost. If much rather that than the guff we've been watching for most of this season. 

You nailed it. Can’t agree more. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes I do 

claude said on Thursday that there was no issue between himself and the player and if the player disrespected the club or the manager then they woud expect to be sanctioned.  everyone had forgotten the subject after that and I assumed the manager and the player had dealt with it between themselves.  Claude now brings it back front and centre. We lost and I believe the players have even less respect for him now, not more. 

In my personal opinion, your misconception is that you think Puel cares what the public thinks about his actions. He obviously will not say anything regarding to the press regarding his relationship with Vardy, they'd pounce on it immediately and twist his words. Claude isn't bringing it back front and centre by benching him, because he doesn't care if the public sees. He is giving him what he deserves for undermining his authority. (If, of course, Vardy did say what he allegedly said).

18 minutes ago, vanity said:

This is the time to keep this personnel grouping -- including keeping Vardy on the bench -- and let then work through their nerves. Which they will do if we let them. These players need time together, need to keep gelling, and if we use the remainder of the season to get their confidence right.

I'd prefer it if we tried that after we have enough points to stay up.

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

You are spinning it. You’re saying that chilwell isn’t defending puel because he likes him as a manager he’s only doing it because dissing the manager would halt his career. You’ve then gone on to say that it is widely known how good chilwell is, with him being klopps number 1 target for left back. Which shows that without Leicester and without Claude chilwell could still go on to have a great career. So maybe, just maybe, chilwell actually likes Claude as a manager and is happy at Leicester, with Claude in charge. 

My view on it is what else is Chilwell (And other young players interviewed) meant to say?

They've clearly been put forward or requested to do media duties and they're not exactly gonna say they're not enjoying it, publicly slag him off or be negative are they?

From what we've read from things fed to the media and Vardy's reactions last week it's reasonable to suggest Vardy really doesn't like him but even Vardy sat down with Sky a few weeks ago and whilst he hardly looked convincing he remained professional, said he was trying to adapt (Or along those lines) and didn't slag Puel off.

It's rumoured senior players 'snaked' Ranieri. Kasper came out and refuted it.

He might be being genuine and if he is fair enough but I pose the question what else is he really supposed to say or react.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did i mention Chilwell in my original post ?   I said ‘young players’ ....it was a general point and I stand by it ....you seem to be in a bad mood ....perhaps you wouldn’t be if we had started the game with a recognised striker ??

@Nickfosse - I would usually agree with you but the die is already cast on this and the manager trying to assert his authority now is pointless when the players all know he is on his way by the close season ..... add to that we don’t have an alternative player for Vardy’s position and it’s just a self defeating principled point to make  

Who says he is leaving at the end of the season? I didn’t know that. 

Anyway, if the die is cast as you suggest, all credit to him for sticking to his managerial principles.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We cannot let these supremely talented youngsters slip through the net while we have them.

We have to act and get rid of Claude Puel.

Cannot actually tell if you're taking the piss?! This supremely talented group of players wouldn't be given the platform to perform if wasn't for Puel being the manager you donut!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No, but I mentioned chilwell in my original post and it was you who replied to me... 

Also, I’m not in a bad mood as I don’t let 90 minutes of football on the weekend spill over into the rest of my week. 

Just now, walkerleeds said:

Cannot actually tell if you're taking the piss?! This supremely talented group of players wouldn't be given the platform to perform if wasn't for Puel being the manager you donut!

So you think another manager would just drop the likes of Ndidi for Matty James, Ben Chilwell for Fuchs, Maddison for Okazaki?

Well done Claude for picking our best players. Top work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

My view on it is what else is Chilwell (And other young players interviewed) meant to say?

They've clearly been put forward or requested to do media duties and they're not exactly gonna say they're not enjoying it, publicly slag him off or be negative are they?

From what we've read from things fed to the media and Vardy's reactions last week it's reasonable to suggest Vardy really doesn't like him but even Vardy sat down with Sky a few weeks ago and whilst he hardly looked convincing he remained professional, said he was trying to adapt (Or along those lines) and didn't slag Puel off.

It's rumoured senior players 'snaked' Ranieri. Kasper came out and refuted it.

He might be being genuine and if he is fair enough but I pose the question what else is he really supposed to say or react.

You’ve just given an example of what he could do. Rather than sit and sing praise about Claude he could act like Vardy and remain professional whilst hardly being convincing.

26 minutes ago, vanity said:

How anyone could blame Claude for today's loss is a mystery to me. His tactics were terrific, as was his choice of personnel. We should've led 2-0 after 20 minutes, but our young players are still learning how not to let nerves affect them when finishing. Barnes choked repeatedly, as did Gray. Even Vardy gagged with that mediocre PK. 

The reality is, we outplayed Spurs for the majority of the game. We created better chances. We look like a top-6 club for massive stretches, but our futility in front of goal is killing us.

The answer to that is to let the lads play through it. We now have a run of games where we should be winning most all of them. We will be the better team the next 9 matches in a row. This is the time to keep this personnel grouping -- including keeping Vardy on the bench -- and let then work through their nerves. Which they will do if we let them. These players need time together, need to keep gelling, and if we use the remainder of the season to get their confidence right, then next season we can genuinely challenge for Europe (we'll need a Tiel-type in the summer to replace him, obv).

Keep this starting 11, keep this manager. We are going to start racking up wins, beginning immediately. Keep Tiel in and Gray up front. Let the next 9 matches decide Puel's fate.

We lost.

Just now, Foxboy said:

You’ve just given an example of what he could do. Rather than sit and sing praise about Claude he could act like Vardy and remain professional whilst hardly being convincing.

Bit hard to do that in the written press or has Chilwell done his interview infront of cameras?

It's no wonder there's such a divide between the Puel In and Puel Out sides.

One side can say that we gave 3rd place a huge scare, outplayed them for large parts of the game, had the chances to win the game comfortably, had our new signing look the part.

The other side can say we've just lost our sixth game in eight, gone 1-0 down for the 12th game in 14, conceded 3 and should have conceded a penalty to a team missing two of their key players.

Take your pick. There's truth in both for me, and this is why the bloke will just never make total sense to me.

Don't think you can overlook the fact he went for Mendy over Ndidi and only got bailed out of this obvious error by an injury to Mendy in the warm-up. I don't think we have anything like that performance without Ndidi playing.

Feel for Barnes. He needs that first goal and he'll smash it.

Vardy not starting is a luxury we simply cannot afford. Our attacking options beyond him are worse than a sizeable number of the Championship and that's no exaggeration.

He's got this last 12 games to save himself, and the next 9 are all in the kinds of games we struggle in. That next two are crucial. 4 points minimum for me. Lose both and we're in relegation danger.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

So you think another manager would just drop the likes of Ndidi for Matty James, Ben Chilwell for Fuchs, Maddison for Okazaki?

Well done Claude for picking our best players. Top work.

The fact you've identified this group of young players are thriving is because Puel appears to be getting the best out of them (even if the results aren't consistent). That's the point. If he was given a striker other than Vardy to work with in January this would be a very different conversation. See the bigger picture. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Bit hard to do that in the written press or has Chilwell done his interview infront of cameras?

How does it change whether it’s written or spoken? The words are still the same. Chilwell spoke about how much Claude has helped him. Vardy on the other hand spoke about how much he was struggling under Claude.