Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Puel and the travelling fans

Puel and the travelling fans  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you travel to pretty much every game. Home and away?

2. 2. Are you puel in, or out

• No I don't travel, puel in
    • No I don't travel, puel out
    • Yes I travel, puel in
    • Yes I travel, puel out

I see a lot of puel in and out posters on this forum yet at the games all I hear is they are sick of him.

So I am interested in seeing how many of the travelling fans actually support the manager, the fans who spend hours of their life travelling and money they can't afford watching city.

Now that doesn't mean people getting on their high horse with saying I go to more games I'm a better fan, we don't need that. There's already enough arguing on this forum 

(Yes I travel, puel out)

Edited by FoxInTheBirstallBox

Away games seem to be better performances than home games. If you only ever went to away games I think you’d be quite content. It’s then the following week where you watch us at home which is the problem. 

And before people spout bollox and say “it’s the negative atmosphere at home games from fans which is the problem” just look at his home record with Southampton. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Away games seem to be better performances than home games. If you only ever went to away games I think you’d be quite content. It’s then the following week where you watch us at home which is the problem. 

And before people spout bollox and say “it’s the negative atmosphere at home games from fans which is the problem” just look at his home record with Southampton. 

As some who has travelled to Newport, palace. Brighton, arsenal ect this season. I bet to differ lol it is pretty bland across the board with the expetion of chelsea and cardiff and liverpool

In my experience, the away fans are slightly more forgiving, but only marginally, and only since the Liverpool and Chelsea games. Against Crystal Palace earlier in the season sentiment toward him was at rock bottom. Sat in the freezing cold and rain to have one shot (off target) in the 83rd minute against the post.

But today I think most fans were quite encouraged with the performance despite the result. Most still don't like Puel though! lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Been every home game (league and cup) but only wolves away due to a busy first half of the season (planning on Huddersfield, Burnley and West Ham in the remainder of the season). Puel in

Same as me but only one cup game (Fleetwood) and one away (Fulham). 

Still ever so marginally Puel in. Once again shown the promise and potential following today's performance but it's still a fine line when it comes to his future as our manager. Gets far too much stick sometimes but at other times, makes some very questionable decisions. The next batch of games (the next 9 basically) could make or break him really. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

As some who has travelled to Newport, palace. Brighton, arsenal ect this season. I bet to differ lol it is pretty bland across the board with the expetion of chelsea and cardiff and liverpool

Arsenal we were very good first half. Southampton we won, Wolves was a very good game, Newcastle 2-0 win, Chelsea 3 points, Man Utd very good performance, Liverpool again good performance, Everton 3 points, points at Fulham & Brighton. 

Newport & Palace were bad by all accounts. To be be honest I’ve only been to two away games this season so unless they have been on tv I don’t know what the performances have been like. 

• Like 1

I go home and away and generally enjoy our away performances more. I've always felt we're set up to be an away side. I can sort of put up with more defensive performances away.... because we're away. We need an attacking manager for home games lol 

The only away games in which I've felt gutted are Newport and Palace. Wolves was an entertaining game and felt disappointed but never felt like we'd win the game, even when we drew level.

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I see a lot of puel in and out posters on this forum yet at the games all I hear is they are sick of him.

So I am interested in seeing how many of the travelling fans actually support the manager, the fans who spend hours of their life travelling and money they can't afford watching city.

Now that doesn't mean people getting on their high horse with saying I go to more games I'm a better fan, we don't need that. There's already enough arguing on this forum 

(Yes I travel, puel out)

I think if they could a lot more would like to travel but tickets are rare to come by.

This is the first year I’ve been able to get a season ticket after following us since 97, and I’ve been fortunate enough to do every away game bar Bournemouth, Palace, and Newport (thankfully). Generally have enjoyed us away from home this season, and you can see more promise in the side and what he wants us to do more of. Home form is chalk and cheese unfortunately, though I find the reaction of some home fans more tedious than watching us try and break ten men behind the ball! I’m behind the vision of building a young exciting side, and what he’s trying to do. We have to find other strings to our bow other than counter attacks, as we were sussed with that two years ago! Rightly or wrongly I think things may change in the summer, and who comes in if it isn’t Rodgers is anyone’s guess. I don’t see many viable alternatives out there

• Like 2

Season ticket holder but have had to miss the United and Spurs games for family reasons.

Was incredibly gutted at the time knowing I couldn't make either of them. But now somewhat seem glad!

We had some truly horrendous days in the Championship I won't lie but I don't remember leaving grounds feeling dejected as frequently as this season.

I guess it's the expectation that kills you of where we are as a club now. We've witnessed the undreamable but how we're barely a top half side anymore is difficult to watch.

• Like 1

Do all the homes and 80%+ of the aways and I've kind of accepted Puel's going regardless. I've got no desire to really do many more aways this year though and while kick off times play a part, I'm finding the overall atmosphere hard to justify spending money being a part of.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2019 at 00:42, TK95 said:

Season ticket holder but have had to miss the United and Spurs games for family reasons.

Was incredibly gutted at the time knowing I couldn't make either of them. But now somewhat seem glad!

We had some truly horrendous days in the Championship I won't lie but I don't remember leaving grounds feeling dejected as frequently as this season.

I guess it's the expectation that kills you of where we are as a club now. We've witnessed the undreamable but how we're barely a top half side anymore is difficult to watch.

what is your expectation then?

On 10/02/2019 at 23:42, DerbyshireFox said:

This is the first year I’ve been able to get a season ticket after following us since 97, and I’ve been fortunate enough to do every away game bar Bournemouth, Palace, and Newport (thankfully). Generally have enjoyed us away from home this season, and you can see more promise in the side and what he wants us to do more of. Home form is chalk and cheese unfortunately, though I find the reaction of some home fans more tedious than watching us try and break ten men behind the ball! I’m behind the vision of building a young exciting side, and what he’s trying to do. We have to find other strings to our bow other than counter attacks, as we were sussed with that two years ago! Rightly or wrongly I think things may change in the summer, and who comes in if it isn’t Rodgers is anyone’s guess. I don’t see many viable alternatives out there

I'd say, if you've only just got a season ticket, you've done extremely well to attend all those aways. 

??

Edited by Hollyfox

On 10/02/2019 at 21:08, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And Everton NYD!! Yes we won and the records show a clean sheet as well, but that to me was the worst first half of football I've seen in many a year. And we only scored because of a defensive blunder by them. 

Travel. Puel in. 

I can see the bigger picture, however a lot of our fanbase cant our current team will be something special believe me however... 

1. They all need to stay together

2. Itll probably be another manager that takes us to glory.

• Like 3