Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Claude Puel reveals his plan for Leicester City, involving Youri Tielemans and James Maddison

2 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Looks like Tielemans is going to get a good crack at it. Just what the doctor ordered. Weirdly enough I’ve felt quite positeeeve about Leicester since yesterday’s game even though we lost again. I think it was just so refreshing to see us dominate the spuds with ease. I desperately want to see more of this! 

So much more movement off the ball, I lost count of how many times we carved them open. 

I must admit I feel the same .Don't want to keep changing managers for changes sake.For me, the goal changed it,spurs were chasing shadows ,if we can do more of the same for the remainder of the season he may have a chance of still being here next season .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

The problem is the tele man is only here for 3 months lol 

That is a problem for sure, though seeing what Puel's system looks like with personnel capable of playing it helps calm many who were wondering if this could work. Yes, it can work. We are one player away -- someone with a skill set similar to Tiel's -- from being formidable. We probably need a striker in the summer as well to be consistently dangerous. But what we have is enough to pick up 20 more points or thereabouts this season, and to finish top half.

If we play like yesterday, but the youngstera gain some confidence, our longest unbeaten run of the season may be on its way.

11 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Looks like Tielemans is going to get a good crack at it. Just what the doctor ordered. Weirdly enough I’ve felt quite positeeeve about Leicester since yesterday’s game even though we lost again. I think it was just so refreshing to see us dominate the spuds with ease. I desperately want to see more of this! 

So much more movement off the ball, I lost count of how many times we carved them open. 

Probably bc that was light-years better than that plodding crap with Ndidi and Mendy paired together. We are starting to see it CAN work here. Plus our lads are so young, we can expect year over year improvement the next few seasons. We clearly need either Tiel or a similar player in the summer, and We

22 minutes ago, vanity said:

That is a problem for sure, though seeing what Puel's system looks like with personnel capable of playing it helps calm many who were wondering if this could work. Yes, it can work. We are one player away -- someone with a skill set similar to Tiel's -- from being formidable. We probably need a striker in the summer as well to be consistently dangerous. But what we have is enough to pick up 20 more points or thereabouts this season, and to finish top half.

If we play like yesterday, but the youngstera gain some confidence, our longest unbeaten run of the season may be on its way.

Tbf it’s me game let’s not get to hasty just yet, we have a much more better run in now to judge 

I want to point out a couple of things that I noticed from the last game. Firstly, the entire team seemed a lot more motivated to make things happen, and it was nice to see everyone pulling their weight. Secondly, Maddison and Tielemans rotated nicely, with the former sometimes dropping deep as the latter pushed forward. Also, we should keep in mind that Ndidi wasn't supposed to play against Spurs; Mendy was Claude's holding midfielder of choice. For all we know, Ndidi needs more time to get the hang of this new role.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

A problem for sure but if he’s given a starting role and feels the coach trusts him then stranger things have happened. He’s a player that I would be surprised if he doesn’t end up at one of the elite clubs but given he’s 21 he’s got plenty of time to do it and a stepping stone club is a good way to make that happen. Lukaku signed permanently for Everton after a loan spell for them as an example of a similar situation and there was no agreement to sign as part of the loan. Obviously he impressed so much that a club record fee was acceptable and he was excellent for them and netted them 200% profit on top. Leicester would definitely spend big on the right player given we’ve spent big on plenty of crud ones!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

4-3-3 is a far better formation than 4-2-3-1 for me. It's a more solid structure and it's a bit less predictable where you're likely to attack from. I think it's likely to suit both Maddison and Tielemans.

I've been Puel out and remain so until I've seen further evidence of progress, but if we can replicate that performance regularly in this last third of the season then he may well just save his arse. I want him to persist with a side similar to that one at the weekend, obviously with Vardy back in and we'll go from there.

I think there's a case to say in terms of our general play Sunday was the best we've played all season. It was streets ahead of the Everton away performance for example. When the finishing is genuinely dog shit it's hard to blame the manager (although it isn't when he leaves out our best finisher) but too often we've failed to be able to create chances.

Time will tell if it was Tottenham on a rare off day or if it was the fact it was a bigger club giving us more space to be dangerous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Let’s hope he likes it here and we can make him a permanent player for us in the summer, trouble is tho if he had a decent last third of season type big boys might come in and snatch him away from us ??