Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely if it's a case of one or the other we would go for McGregor. Will be interesting to see, if Tielemans deal isn't sorted by early June I can see this transpiring.

I'm of the same opinion but I guess Rodgers will know them best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We can just play a 4-3-3 with Hamza if one of Tielemans/Maddison is out. He has shown his forward play is quite positive, I don't think it would be the same situation as Mendy/Ndidi as the double pivot

From what I've seen of him as good a player as he is if you take Maddison and/or Tielemens out of your side and place the onus on Hamza to provide this creativity you will be much weaker.  He's simply a very different type of player from Maddison and Tielemens from what I have seen.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

From what I've seen of him as good a player as he is if you take Maddison and/or Tielemens out of your side and place the onus on Hamza to provide this creativity you will be much weaker.  He's simply a very different type of player from Maddison and Tielemens from what I have seen.

Sure, he isn't the one that the whole attack would depend upon though, just to help transition play supplementing Maddison/Tielemans. Barnes is a creative winger, I'd be comfortable with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Ricardo, Barnes and Maddison/Tielemans providing creative play. I think there are more priorities over creative mids right now - a second striker, and a winger who can score goals, are more important right now.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Sure, he isn't the one that the whole attack would depend upon though, just to help transition play supplementing Maddison/Tielemans. Barnes is a creative winger, I'd be comfortable with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Ricardo, Barnes and Maddison/Tielemans providing creative play. I think there are more priorities over creative mids right now - a second striker, and a winger who can score goals, are more important right now.

From watching you guys since Rodgers arrived taking Maddison out of the team will kill a lot of creativity, not to mention the fact you may not get Tielemens means that quite rightly Rodgers is looking at strengthening this area.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

From watching you guys since Rodgers arrived taking Maddison out of the team will kill a lot of creativity, not to mention the fact you may not get Tielemens means that quite rightly Rodgers is looking at strengthening this area.

Oh if we don't get Tielemans another creative CM instantly becomes top priority for me. And sure, Maddison is our most creative presence, but there aren't many players who can make the same impact as him and be content with a squad position. I'm fairly happy with Ghezzal in that position to be honest. He's been consistently poor on the wings, but has shown mixed promise in the middle.

• Like 1

Get Marko Rog - the number of times we would appear on MOTD to highlight our attrocious disciplinary record would be hilarious...(This boy is one dirty bugger on FM)

Well for me it’s obvious we’ll go for some signings at CM to have a similar strength in depth to our CB department, aswell as a winger.

Assuming king, James and perhaps even Mendy are likely to go. choudhury, tielemans, (fingers crossed) Maddison, and Ndidi would be our main CM.

We’re gonna need a fair few signings to say the least.

Malcom from Barcelona? Linked before and can’t get in their team really. Could be ideal for link up with Ricardo as I assume they both speak Portuguese unless im

wrong? 

Aged 22 and clearly has the talent, could be a great option even if just on loan.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh if we don't get Tielemans another creative CM instantly becomes top priority for me. And sure, Maddison is our most creative presence, but there aren't many players who can make the same impact as him and be content with a squad position. I'm fairly happy with Ghezzal in that position to be honest. He's been consistently poor on the wings, but has shown mixed promise in the middle.

You think Ghezzal will be part of Rodgers' plans?  He's one I thought they would be trying to offload.

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

You think Ghezzal will be part of Rodgers' plans?  He's one I thought they would be trying to offload.

Made one brief sub appearance under him and has soon been booted off the bench as well, can't see him being involved.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

As much as any squad player, which is what Rogic would be if we signed him. I'd be fine with him coming in to replace either of Tielemans/Maddison in case of injury. I'd like to reiterate, sure a more creative CM would be nice, but we aren't exactly moneybags central in terms of the Premier League (although we certainly aren't a poor club), and I'd like us to spend in other areas, provided we bought Tielemans. Besides, maybe Tavares from the academy could step up in a season, can't hurt to leave him a clear pathway.

13 minutes ago, frany104 said:

We should be after Dani Ceballos. hes been told he can leave Real. Hes a top player.

I'd expect there's a good chance he will end up back at Betis, especially as Lo Celso won't be there next season. 

59 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Given his history with BR and how interested we were in him last summer, anyone think a move for Patrick Roberts might be on the cards? I believe he's on loan at Girona at the moment, not sure if he's been any good or not?

Don't think he's good enough for the premier league tbh, not good enough for a top side and he'd be a luxury the lower half teams could ill afford.  Rodgers didn't fancy him either, preferred Forrest over him in the main.  

I'd have him back at Celtic but it's a completely different context to you guys, we have tons of the ball, always have teams on the back foot and less onus on having to work back the way which he's not great at.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Given his history with BR and how interested we were in him last summer, anyone think a move for Patrick Roberts might be on the cards? I believe he's on loan at Girona at the moment, not sure if he's been any good or not?

Had a white season in la liga.

Think he would struggle in the championship.

He did well in Scotland yes however if he went to league 1 he would do just aswel as it's the equivalent as the SPL

21 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

As much as any squad player, which is what Rogic would be if we signed him. I'd be fine with him coming in to replace either of Tielemans/Maddison in case of injury. I'd like to reiterate, sure a more creative CM would be nice, but we aren't exactly moneybags central in terms of the Premier League (although we certainly aren't a poor club), and I'd like us to spend in other areas, provided we bought Tielemans. Besides, maybe Tavares from the academy could step up in a season, can't hurt to leave him a clear pathway.

I think In BR’s mind his target of breaking into the top 6 is a 2 year project, this season he will get the depth of the squad he wants in this transfer window coming so replace the likes of Okazaki. Hamza stepping up to his system the way he has, will be a nice surprise for BR.

I would imagine he will be looking for a squad of 2 players who can play the holding role, we have that in Hamza & Ndidi. Then 4 players who can play in that number 8 role which leaves you Tielemans, Maddison, Hamza & a need for one more. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see BR signing Tielemans if we can aswell as someone like McGregor or Rogic for around £15m.

He will then be looking at his wide options, he’s stated he wants a winger who can come inside. For me that’s exactly what Ghezzal does which then tells me that Ghezzal is not in his plans & we will get a replacement. 

Then you need cover for Vardy with Okazaki leaving so he will bring in a forward. Plus there’s been rumours about a new right back which I think means the end of Amartey’s career with us.

Therefore I personally think BR will bring in a striker, a winger, 2 number 8’s & a right back. Signing 5 players in total. Then he will give the likes of Gray & Kelechi 6/12 months to prove there worth before potentially replacing them aswell as signing cover for Chilly next year to replace Fuchs. This is on the condition that we obviously keep all our top boys. 

With regards to Tavares, if anyone is to make the step up from midfield it will be Dewsbury-Hall who I would imagine will spend the season out on loan next year with Tavares then becoming a regular in the development squad.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think In BR’s mind his target of breaking into the top 6 is a 2 year project, this season he will get the depth of the squad he wants in this transfer window coming so replace the likes of Okazaki. Hamza stepping up to his system the way he has, will be a nice surprise for BR.

I would imagine he will be looking for a squad of 2 players who can play the holding role, we have that in Hamza & Ndidi. Then 4 players who can play in that number 8 role which leaves you Tielemans, Maddison, Hamza & a need for one more. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see BR signing Tielemans if we can aswell as someone like McGregor or Rogic for around £15m.

He will then be looking at his wide options, he’s stated he wants a winger who can come inside. For me that’s exactly what Ghezzal does which then tells me that Ghezzal is not in his plans & we will get a replacement. 

Then you need cover for Vardy with Okazaki leaving so he will bring in a forward. Plus there’s been rumours about a new right back which I think means the end of Amartey’s career with us.

Therefore I personally think BR will bring in a striker, a winger, 2 number 8’s & a right back. Signing 5 players in total. Then he will give the likes of Gray & Kelechi 6/12 months to prove there worth before potentially replacing them aswell as signing cover for Chilly next year to replace Fuchs. This is on the condition that we obviously keep all our top boys. 

With regards to Tavares, if anyone is to make the step up from midfield it will be Dewsbury-Hall who I would imagine will spend the season out on loan next year with Tavares then becoming a regular in the development squad.

I'm not so sure on that, Dewsbury-Hall doesn't have the creativity to make it in the PL in my opinion. Neither does he have the defensive capabilities of Ndidi or Choudhury. A loan move to League One is absolutely the right move for him next season and hopefully it'll progress him but it's a big ask for him to be PL ability. Tavares has the game to play almost anywhere in midfield and although there's no guarantees what that's going to mean in what level he can get to but the club are hugely impressed by him and I think he'll be playing first team football within 18 months but probably on loan somewhere as he's still only 17. That's how it should be though, they need first team football much earlier than we appear to give them. Josh Knight has been knocking on the door for years and yet only recently have we let him go and get some professional first team games. Dewsbury-Hall will be 21 in September, it's stunting their progression. I can't recall the last player that came through and made it with us who hadn't either been in our first team or at least been on loan in League One or The Championship before they were 20/21.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure on that, Dewsbury-Hall doesn't have the creativity to make it in the PL in my opinion. Neither does he have the defensive capabilities of Ndidi or Choudhury. A loan move to League One is absolutely the right move for him next season and hopefully it'll progress him but it's a big ask for him to be PL ability. Tavares has the game to play almost anywhere in midfield and although there's no guarantees what that's going to mean in what level he can get to but the club are hugely impressed by him and I think he'll be playing first team football within 18 months but probably on loan somewhere as he's still only 17. That's how it should be though, they need first team football much earlier than we appear to give them. Josh Knight has been knocking on the door for years and yet only recently have we let him go and get some professional first team games. Dewsbury-Hall will be 21 in September, it's stunting their progression. I can't recall the last player that came through and made it with us who hadn't either been in our first team or at least been on loan in League One or The Championship before they were 20/21.

100% agree with your last point there, some reason or another we have this obsession of finishing at the top end of the development leagues, which I get it looks good. However by doing that we are holding our lads back. I would much rather finish bottom every single season yet giving the boys the vital experience they need for the next step up. 

I see your point in Dewsbury-Hall but from what I’ve seen of him, I see a young Ward-Prowse type of player. With regards to Tavares I think 6 months as a regular in the u23’s see how he gets on. If he stands out, send him out on loan for the last 6 months & re-evaluate next summer what the next best step is. 

Its interesting that you mention Josh Knight as I personally think he will be in our first team squad next season. Yes he will most likely spend one more season out on loan but Posh fans have been absolutely raving about him. They love the boy. I seen comments about his crossing ability whilst playing right back & his ability to break down moves when playing CDM. I have a feeling his versatility will give him a good chance of being in & around the first team squad next year. 

The one player who did stand out the most for me though was Calvin Ughelumba, the boy looks so powerful down that left hand side & seems to have an amazing cross on him. Would like to see him be given a chance next pre season. Get him in with the lads next year, learning from Fuchs & Chilly. Then see if he can step up as back up to Chilly the following year.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

I think there is a slight possibility that Rodgers could see the benefit of keeping Silva, and signing Tielemans. With Mendy then being surplus to requirements. Might be unlikely with the potential for us to use Silva to get Tielemans but I'm not completely against keeping both.

Keeper: Kasper and Ward

Right Back: Ricardo and Amartey (unless he wants to leave for a regular place)

Left back: Chilwell and Fuchs

Centre back: Maguire, Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan - possibly one too many (loan move for Soyuncu if Morgan is considered to be part of first team squad)

Central midfield: Hamza, Ndidi, Silva, Tielemans, Maddison - if Silva goes then Mendy might stick around but think we need to upgrade that role, deep lying midfielder who can pass forwards

Wingers: Barnes, Albrighton, Gray - obvious gap in the squad, need to spend good money on a quality winger, preferably someone who mainly plays on the right

Strikers: Vardy - interesting how Rodgers approaches this position because he needs back up but they need to be quality. Assuming we cut losses with Iheanacho and Slimani we need 2 strikers.

Lots of business not required but its an important window to fill crucial spots in the squad if we want to challenge. 2 strikers, right winger and centre midfielder and we are sorted, as long as no-one big leaves.