Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Spuds fans are drooling over Maddison Tielemans and Ricardo wanting them signed in the summer, hoping for all that first bit of business for us is to get Tielemans signed up and get Ricardo and Madders on an improved contract really hoping we can keep hold of this trio Ricardo has been amazing Madders is improving all the time and Youri looks quality !

Just need a bit of a summer clean up with the squad sell on them a few fringe under performing and bring in a few quality players.

39 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Spuds fans are drooling over Maddison Tielemans and Ricardo wanting them signed in the summer, hoping for all that first bit of business for us is to get Tielemans signed up and get Ricardo and Madders on an improved contract really hoping we can keep hold of this trio Ricardo has been amazing Madders is improving all the time and Youri looks quality !

Just need a bit of a summer clean up with the squad sell on them a few fringe under performing and bring in a few quality players.

Spuds can fcuk off!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Simoken said:

you clearly havent seen his youtube vid.. hes bloody awful

I don’t judge of YouTube videos lol personally wouldn’t have either & invest in someone like Che Adams just can see us dipping into the free market somewhere to free up funds.

13 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Spurs will bid |£20mil for Maddison and Ricky P thinking is a fair price for the both

least be right here, they got money to spend but not that much

on a few other names, Maupay at Brentford is a good shout tbh, from what ive seen of him, hes a fox in the box type of forward at times which i think we need, would be a gamble but cant be any worse than what weve spent on some forward in the last few years

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

Spurs will bid |£20mil for Maddison and Ricky P thinking is a fair price for the both

least be right here, they got money to spend but not that much

on a few other names, Maupay at Brentford is a good shout tbh, from what ive seen of him, hes a fox in the box type of forward at times which i think we need, would be a gamble but cant be any worse than what weve spent on some forward in the last few years

Yes I think Maupay could be a good signing and he will cost about £20m. He's bound to get other offers but he might want to stay at Brentford.

Papers saying this morning Rodgers is after Rogic for £15m.  Not sure if there's much truth in it or if it's just lazy journalism.

Rogic was however another Rodgers elevated to another level and apparently one of the main reasons he signed a new contract was because he loved working under Rodgers so maybe something in it.

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Papers saying this morning Rodgers is after Rogic for £15m.  Not sure if there's much truth in it or if it's just lazy journalism.

Rogic was however another Rodgers elevated to another level and apparently one of the main reasons he signed a new contract was because he loved working under Rodgers so maybe something in it.

McGregor or Rogic? I think i'd rather McGregor who is younger and hasn't had the same injury problems. All these links to the SPL are making me nervous.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2019 at 11:32, jayfox26 said:

Ive no issues with us spending big so long as we get quality players. We already know Tielemans is worth the £40m being touted. Hopefully we will learn and not get the likes of Silva and Slimani again. Whilst we need some experience in the squad, we should only be signing aged 27+ players if they are proven in this league for example Trippier. Signing players from abroad aged 27+ for high fees is very risky in my opinion as it becomes hard to shift them if things dont work out. Younger players will generally not lose too much value if things don't work out. 

Adrien and Slimani were both 27+ years old. In fact, our best signings recently have been 25 years old and younger.

13 minutes ago, tetly said:

Ryan Babel would be a great free transfer for one season. 

I thought this briefly, all depends what other targets we have for out wide/up front and/or our transfer budget. Picking up the odd free transfer like Babel, Milner or Sturridge might not be a bad idea.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

McGregor or Rogic? I think i'd rather McGregor who is younger and hasn't had the same injury problems. All these links to the SPL are making me nervous.

If we BR does raid Celtic we are safe in the knowledge that no one in the world knows the strength and weaknesses of players of Celtic and Leicester better than him. 

He'll know exactly what he is buying and how much it will improve our squad/team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gerard said:

If we BR does raid Celtic we are safe in the knowledge that no one in the world knows the strength and weaknesses of players of Celtic and Leicester better than him. 

He'll know exactly what he is buying and how much it will improve our squad/team. 

I tend to agree but Rogic's injury problems bother me and if we went for more than 1 or 2 i'd be nervous simply for the fact that it smacks of desperation and that we are being led solely by the manager and not the recruitment structure we have had in place (I know Macia has buggered off).

Callum McGregor and Tierney if Chilwell went would be decent, but as you say Rodgers will know best (hopefully)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Adrien and Slimani were both 27+ years old. In fact, our best signings recently have been 25 years old and younger.

I think that was my point. I was saying we should sign younger players and if we do need to add experience then they need to be proven premier league players. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rogic is the word today.

For what it's worth it would probably be a decent move in terms of cover for Maddison, on his day he's easily good enough for the EPL his only problem is consistency and his knack of picking up injuries.  He wouldn't dislodge Maddison but could prove pretty useful cover as said.

All that said, if I had £15m to spend and it was Rogic or McGregor it would be the latter every day of the week.

Edited by henrik_62

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Rogic is the word today.

For what it's worth it would probably be a decent move in terms of cover for Maddison, on his day he's easily good enough for the EPL his only problem is consistency and his knack of picking up injuries.  He wouldn't dislodge Maddison but could prove pretty useful cover as said.

All that said, if I had £15m to spend and it was Rogic or McGregor it would be the latter every day of the week.

Surely if it's a case of one or the other we would go for McGregor. Will be interesting to see, if Tielemans deal isn't sorted by early June I can see this transpiring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Rogic is the word today.

To be fair Rogers did speak about not having a midfielder to come off the bench that had something that could change games / drive attacking play - maybe this is what he sees as that strength in depth?

• Like 1

Even if we do buy Tielemans we're going to need a player of sufficient quality to be back up to Tielemans and Maddison.

Maybe Harvey Barnes could cover them when needed?

The player who covers Maddison and Tielemans will certainly see some decent game time over the season as he''ll be on the bench every game and it's odds on at least one of them get subbed every game. Perhaps Rogic with his limited stamina and proneness to injuries would be suited to this role playing limited game time?

Just now, Gerard said:

Even if we do buy Tielemans we're going to need a player of sufficient quality to be back up to Tielemans and Maddison.

Maybe Harvey Barnes could cover them when needed?

The player who covers Maddison and Tielemans will certainly see some decent game time over the season as he''ll be on the bench every game and it's odds on at least one of them get subbed every game. Perhaps Rogic with his limited stamina and proneness to injuries would be suited to this role playing limited game time?

We can just play a 4-3-3 with Hamza if one of Tielemans/Maddison is out. He has shown his forward play is quite positive, I don't think it would be the same situation as Mendy/Ndidi as the double pivot