Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

21 hours ago, Fox85 said:

If villa fail to promote the time would be right to get grealish

I personally would be up for this. I think having Grealish, Madders & Youri, you have that rotation to pick 2 of the 3 to keep all fresh. 

Wouldn't spend a penny over £25m though & I personally can see Villa winning the play offs.

On 10/05/2019 at 20:14, Nicolo Barella said:

Top loans the club 100 million, middle finger up to FFP, we go out and buy Tielemans, McGregor, van de Beek, Mitrovic. I can already see it

Be careful don’t mention Van De Beek you’ll get shot down completely same way I did! lol Replace McGregor with either Ziyech or Bailey then could you imagine what our team would look like :wub:

Graelish is no winger. I agree he’s a very good player and generally underappreciated, but too much overlap with Maddison’s game. Maybe if we had Man City money, sure, but he’s a luxury item when we need to be shopping for staples.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Be careful don’t mention Van De Beek you’ll get shot down completely same way I did! lol Replace McGregor with either Ziyech or Bailey then could you imagine what our team would look like :wub:

Haha, we can dream. van de Beek would be godly, can you imagine something like

Mitrovic/Barnes Vardy

van de Beek

Maddison Tielemans

Ndidi

Chilwell Maguire Benkovic Ricardo

Schmiechel

Champions League material

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Graelish is no winger. I agree he’s a very good player and generally underappreciated, but too much overlap with Maddison’s game. Maybe if we had Man City money, sure, but he’s a luxury item when we need to be shopping for staples.

If we can't buy Tielemans, Grealish would be a good option.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Haha, we can dream. van de Beek would be godly, can you imagine something like

Mitrovic/Barnes Vardy

van de Beek

Maddison Tielemans

Ndidi

Chilwell Maguire Benkovic Ricardo

Schmiechel

Champions League material

Wow :wub:

• Like 2

On 11/05/2019 at 03:58, CloudFox said:

Incredible if there's truth to them. And he's talking about the calibre of player we're after being the likes of Ziyech and Neres.

Wonder if that means we're back in for Bailey like before, or Ziyech (though I know he rejected us before)?

I do think if we can secure Tielemans then it may set off a chain reaction. It sets out our intent and I think would make us look more attractive a proposition.

Incredible if he means net spend. If we sell Maguire and Chilwell, that is a huge kitty and we don't need to replace Maguire, so we will prob spend big for Tiels or a comparable, a Chilwell replacement, a striker, and depending on whether the Maddison rumors are true, possibly even more players. I expect Rodgers will be after some young players from the Scottish Prem as well, could see us filling out the squad with a handful of young prospects. 

40 minutes ago, vanity said:

Incredible if he means net spend. If we sell Maguire and Chilwell, that is a huge kitty and we don't need to replace Maguire, so we will prob spend big for Tiels or a comparable, a Chilwell replacement, a striker, and depending on whether the Maddison rumors are true, possibly even more players. I expect Rodgers will be after some young players from the Scottish Prem as well, could see us filling out the squad with a handful of young prospects. 

Selling Chilwell is madness. If we sell we'd buy a likely older left back with less potential, less skill, who won't be in the England squad and we will reduce our ability to advertise our academy. Maguire is the only player who could be sold and replaced with a younger player already at the club who has arguable as much potential. And the only reason to sell Maguire is our funds may be limited and we could, unlike Chilwell, replace him with existing players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vanity said:

Someone asked him the question of will we need to sell to finance the big spending & he said he doesn’t think so...

Let's sell our prize assets in Chilwell and Maguire and give the hefty proceeds to reinvest in the exciting gems our new head scout will put forward. It will also send out an ambitious message to all those potential new signings like Tielemans. What could possibly go wrong?  We are in a very good position, we sell our crown jewels at our peril. 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Let's sell our prize assets in Chilwell and Maguire and give the hefty proceeds to reinvest in the exciting gems our new head scout will put forward. It will also send out an ambitious message to all those potential new signings like Tielemans. What could possibly go wrong?  We are in a very good position, we sell our crown jewels at our peril. 

We don’t sell and there might not be any new exciting signings. Nobody WANTS to sell players, but it might needed to strengthen everywhere we need to. Only a few at the top know the financial position, but the books hardly read like we are in a position to spend huge amounts without us doing something creative to finance it.

I think another top class CM should be a priority alongside signing Tielemans, a right winger and a striker. 

If Tielemans or Maddison get injured we’re screwed! Also playing two DM’s is not the answer, unless its against Man city or Liverpool. 

Preferably a box to box player or another creative player would be my preference.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We don’t sell and there might not be any new exciting signings. Nobody WANTS to sell players, but it might needed to strengthen everywhere we need to. Only a few at the top know the financial position, but the books hardly read like we are in a position to spend huge amounts without us doing something creative to finance it.

I'm quite relaxed, they are either going to take a risk and go for a bigger net spend than we have done for a few years or they are shrewdly engineering a Maguire exit for huge money, which gives us the budget we are hearing being bandied about. We don't need too much, especially when we have a manager who's biggest strength is improving players and we have so much potential it's almost a joke. 4 new players in the obvious positions and we will be a force next season. Tielemans or someone of that ilk is essential mind you and that's going to be the hardest part.

Just now, Shane said:

I think another top class CM should be a priority alongside signing Tielemans, a right winger and a striker. 

If Tielemans or Maddison get injured we’re screwed! Also playing two DM’s is not the answer, unless its against Man city or Liverpool. 

Preferably a box to box player or another creative player would be my preference.

I must admit, the 4-3-3 that we saw under Puel that influenced Rodgers in these last 3 games has it's positives and negatives. Yesterday it was pretty needless and the game felt quite workmanlike and very dull, there was nowt riding on the game really and it was a hot day but I don't see why he stuck with it for so long. The Choudhury/Ndidi conundrum is going to have to be decided on for Rodgers, it's a great problem to have but at home except against sheer brilliance then I don't think we need the extra protection, we are a much better side playing on the front foot and to do that we need more pace than we had in the last few games. Albrighton had a honker yesterday and Maddison isn't a winger so it was difficult to stretch Chelsea at any point. Rodgers will go and get a winger/forward who can give us another option. If we do go 4-3-3 I do think Albrighton has to be dropped or dare I say it Maddison/Tielemans because you have to play a wide player with pace in that set up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I must admit, the 4-3-3 that we saw under Puel that influenced Rodgers in these last 3 games has it's positives and negatives. Yesterday it was pretty needless and the game felt quite workmanlike and very dull, there was nowt riding on the game really and it was a hot day but I don't see why he stuck with it for so long. The Choudhury/Ndidi conundrum is going to have to be decided on for Rodgers, it's a great problem to have but at home except against sheer brilliance then I don't think we need the extra protection, we are a much better side playing on the front foot and to do that we need more pace than we had in the last few games. Albrighton had a honker yesterday and Maddison isn't a winger so it was difficult to stretch Chelsea at any point. Rodgers will go and get a winger/forward who can give us another option. If we do go 4-3-3 I do think Albrighton has to be dropped or dare I say it Maddison/Tielemans because you have to play a wide player with pace in that set up.

Yesterday was far too defensive.. Two DM’s and Albrighton who basically plays like another fullback.. We shown them too much respect, even if it was a nothing game. Personally i’d like us to stick with 4-3-3, but with some changes in personnel of course. 

The Choudhury/Ndidi conundrum is interesting.. I think pre season is the perfect time to see how Choudhury performs as a lone DM.

If we do sign a top class CM and Maddison has to fight for his place off the bench, that can only good news for us. 

In regards to the wings... 

We definitely need some pacey wingers as you say. Infact, I wouldn’t be against signing two wingers, as it would give Barnes some competition for a starting place.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yesterday again showed for me how Ndidi cannot play that holding role in a Rodgers side. Unless he can drastically improve his vision and ability on the ball, he’s going to keep holding us back.

The reason we struggled going forwards against both Man City and Chelsea this week is because when the ball is getting to Wilf he doesn’t have the ability to take the ball on the half turn and move it forwards up the pitch. Far too often he was taking the easy out of going back where the ball had come from. When Tielwmans dropped into that role when Ndidi was substituted we started to see the ball work it’s way up the field quicker which then brought our attacking players into the game. I think Hamza is the future as the holding player, he’s got more ability on the ball and his defensive work is just as good as Ndidi’s for me. We lose a little bit of aerial ability but to be honest with the way the game is going in this country, that’s not a massive sacrifice to make. 

This will also free Maddison to move back centrally so we don’t lose pace on the wings like you mentioned Ric. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Yesterday again showed for me how Ndidi cannot play that holding role in a Rodgers side. Unless he can drastically improve his vision and ability on the ball, he’s going to keep holding us back.

The reason we struggled going forwards against both Man City and Chelsea this week is because when the ball is getting to Wilf he doesn’t have the ability to take the ball on the half turn and move it forwards up the pitch. Far too often he was taking the easy out of going back where the ball had come from. When Tielwmans dropped into that role when Ndidi was substituted we started to see the ball work it’s way up the field quicker which then brought our attacking players into the game. I think Hamza is the future as the holding player, he’s got more ability on the ball and his defensive work is just as good as Ndidi’s for me. We lose a little bit of aerial ability but to be honest with the way the game is going in this country, that’s not a massive sacrifice to make. 

This will also free Maddison to move back centrally so we don’t lose pace on the wings like you mentioned Ric. 

Call me crazy but even Knight, let alone hamza, could surpass Ndidi because of the qualities required in that position, as you mentioned.. Knight is very comfortable as a DM and his passing is fantastic. He can also dribble with the ball. Plus his versatility is a great asset to have, not to mention his aerial ability. 

Probably needs a championship loan first, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Brendan is impressed by him during pre-season.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

Tielemans

Right-back alternative (depending on Amartey's recovery progress) - Fulham's Christie or Huddersfield's Smith

A player on the right wing - Andreas Pereira's contract is running out (he can also play in the middle), or Jerrod Bowen