Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

On a different point, Forrest won the PFA player of the year award up here last night.

Take this with a pinch of salt but also heard at the weekend, from someone with a source inside the club that we are close to getting Benkovic on loan for another season.  As much as I'd love this to be the case I hope if true it's not a sweetener because we've agreed to sell you McGregor or Forrest or someone like that.

I'd sanction half a season more of benkovic, given his injuries second half of the season, but a whole season seems a bit much! 

Not sure on names but here's what I think needs to happen over the summer.

IN

Tielemans

Central midfielder

Right winger

Striker

OUT

Danny Simpson

Adrien Silva

Shinji Okazaki

Andy King

Islam Slimani

I don't think huge changes need making, just added bits of quality in certain areas. If Fuchs leaves we'll need another LB too, but it sounds like he may be doing another year.

Would anybody take Adam Lallana? I know he's 30 (almost 31) but he's still a classy player who could fit nicely into the two number 8 roles where Maddison and Tielemans play. I'm not saying he would be a guaranteed starter but could be used in games where we need some extra creativity.

Guest SO1
3 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

IN

Tielemans

Central midfielder

Right winger

Striker

OUT

Danny Simpson

Adrien Silva

Shinji Okazaki

Andy King

Islam Slimani

I don't think huge changes need making, just added bits of quality in certain areas. If Fuchs leaves we'll need another LB too, but it sounds like he may be doing another year.

Would anybody take Adam Lallana? I know he's 30 (almost 31) but he's still a classy player who could fit nicely into the two number 8 roles where Maddison and Tielemans play. I'm not saying he would be a guaranteed starter but could be used in games where we need some extra creativity.

Great player on his day. Has a very difficult time staying fit. We need to save spots for young players coming up and more established players competing for the 1st team.

1 hour ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

IN

Tielemans

Central midfielder

Right winger

Striker

OUT

Danny Simpson

Adrien Silva

Shinji Okazaki

Andy King

Islam Slimani

McGregor

Forrest 

Che Adams 

I can see it being something like this to be honest, aswell as Tielemans obviously.

Separate question if we are to make a free move for a striker would we rather Sturridge or Welbeck?  

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

Danny Welbeck on a free transfer all day long. Him and Sturridge on 2 year contracts for free would be incredible business. Both comfortable out wide and down the middle. Seems like a no brainier to me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

Danny Welbeck on a free transfer all day long. Him and Sturridge on 2 year contracts for free would be incredible business. Both comfortable out wide and down the middle. Seems like a no brainier to me.

Big money down the shitter for 2 players who can't stay fit. No thanks. 

• Like 2

Martial surplus to requirements at Man U...

Ole not keen on application in training....

23 Years old proven ability at the highest level - what would he cost?

I dread to think but it might be worth asking the question?

cant imagine Martial coming here, and certainly not to be on the bench and he'd easily be wanting to be the highest earner too

on the striker front and after last night,we do need another forward to come in 1/2 

think it would be worth going in for Che Adams, know there could be a few clubs after him but could be one that doesnt break the bank and fits the model of transfers we've been doing of late,local lad too so im sure that could help out case too, 

you'd think we'd be able to get him for around 12-20 million

though we certai

48 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

cant imagine Martial coming here, and certainly not to be on the bench and he'd easily be wanting to be the highest earner too

on the striker front and after last night,we do need another forward to come in 1/2 

think it would be worth going in for Che Adams, know there could be a few clubs after him but could be one that doesnt break the bank and fits the model of transfers we've been doing of late,local lad too so im sure that could help out case too, 

you'd think we'd be able to get him for around 12-20 million

though we certai

He plays as a wide forward on the left - wouldn’t expect him to be on the bench!

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally think I would prefer Welbeck to Sturridge fits into our system better.

you clearly havent seen his youtube vid.. hes bloody awful

Welbeck would be a ridiculously big gamble.

Sturridge on the other hand has been fit for nearly a year now?

Given a regular run out as a wide forward with the ability to step in if Vardy picks up an injury I still reckon would be a pretty good move unless we know of somebody younger who could fill both roles?

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Martial surplus to requirements at Man U...

Ole not keen on application in training....

23 Years old proven ability at the highest level - what would he cost?

I dread to think but it might be worth asking the question?

Think we’ve gone down this route already ?

I think for a Striker I'd like us to be linked with Neal Maupay of Brentford.  22 Years of age and while Striker is probably his best position he can also can play as a wide forward/winger, so he could play across our front three with the system Rodgers seems to prefer.   He's fast with decent skills and got himself 25 goals this season, with a further 9 assists - which suggests there is end product not just a 'fast' player.   At that age and the more flexibility in his playing position (he isn't just restricted to down the middle) I can see him as an extremely useful squad player - with potential to be the Vardy replacement we will need down the line.

The only other teams linked with him at the minute are Villa (unsurprsingly as Dean Smith is there manager) and Middlesborough.  Transfer cost wise I'd say he'd by around the 15m mark.

Edited by Soupy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Che Adams or Neal Maupay to sit behind Vardy sounds very appealing to me.

Patrick Roberts for AMR?

No on Robert's, injury prone and not proven himself anywhere but the SPL.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

We don't need him but Lossl on a free from Huddersfield is a shout for someone. 

Personally I think a goalkeeper what's struggled to establish himself over Hamer is hardly a great keeper. 

On LCFC matters:-

No need to go daft on the transfers this summer. Club needs to probably do more shifting than anything else. 

Tielemans, James/Bowen, Che Adams is about it. Left back cover will be required dependent on Fuchs decision.