Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

What has happend to Dolberg, remember a couple of years ago a lot of hype around him and him being thought of as the jewel in the Ajax crown.  Not kicked on or something?

Not really sure, the season they were beaten by Man Utd in the Europa League final he looked to have the world at his feet. Ajax as a team have progressed beyond all recognition and the style of play of Dolberg has been less relied upon in favour of a Liverpool style front three where none of them are out and out strikers but all of them are contributing in goals and assists like never seen before. Dusan Tadic has had a hand in over 50 goals this season, madness.

I'm not sure Dolberg would fit in here, I think any forward coming in either has to be too unproven to properly compete with Vardy and is merely back up and learning their craft from him, or a dynamic enough attacker to play with Vardy in a wide position and then fill in for him if needs be. Out of interest how did Rodgers manage to keep Griffiths and Dembele happy, don't think they played together did they?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not really sure, the season they were beaten by Man Utd in the Europa League final he looked to have the world at his feet. Ajax as a team have progressed beyond all recognition and the style of play of Dolberg has been less relied upon in favour of a Liverpool style front three where none of them are out and out strikers but all of them are contributing in goals and assists like never seen before. Dusan Tadic has had a hand in over 50 goals this season, madness.

I'm not sure Dolberg would fit in here, I think any forward coming in either has to be too unproven to properly compete with Vardy and is merely back up and learning their craft from him, or a dynamic enough attacker to play with Vardy in a wide position and then fill in for him if needs be. Out of interest how did Rodgers manage to keep Griffiths and Dembele happy, don't think they played together did they?

Nah Dembele and Griffiths never played together, Dembele was the main man and rightly so, because he was pretty injury prone though and the sheer volume of games we play Griffiths got his fair share of games also.

At the start of this season before Dembele was sold he did play Dembele and Eduoard together whenever he could though.  He is a fan of playing 3 at the back on occasion to allow for playing two strikers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

My advice is just steer clear of Ajax players this season. The best ones will go to the top clubs and the rest will be grossly overpriced.

Just look at Tadic who averaged five goals a season for Southampton for the four years he was there now has scored 24 goals in the Eredivisie this season. Daley Blind who was surplus at Man Utd when they've had their poorest defence for decades. 

Our modus operandi should be competing with Ajax for signing of young up and coming talent rather than trying to sign their first team players.  

Nail on the head.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

My advice is just steer clear of Ajax players this season. The best ones will go to the top clubs and the rest will be grossly overpriced.

Just look at Tadic who averaged five goals a season for Southampton for the four years he was there now has scored 24 goals in the Eredivisie this season. Daley Blind who was surplus at Man Utd when they've had their poorest defence for decades. 

Our modus operandi should be competing with Ajax for signing of young up and coming talent rather than trying to sign their first team players.  

Absolutely, although I love David Neres.

I don't claim to be ITK on any Leicester City dealings, however I have just been told a story by Rob, my work mate, (a Man Utd fan for his sins).

Rob used to live opposite Che Adams (yeah, he's not a Manc!!) and his boy used to have a kick about with him from time to time. They met up with him recently at a party and were invited to go to watch any Birmingham match as Che's guest ("except the Villa"). He went to see them play Derby on Good Friday (2-2 draw) and met up with some of Che'ss family after the game, they were talking and his mum was bemoaning the state of the tiny player's lounge at their ground when Rob said he'd probably be enjoying much better facilities at somewhere like Southampton next season, but Che's mum said that their preference would be for him to go to Leicester, for family reasons...

Doubt that will sway his (or his agent's) decision and obviously they can't make us bid for him, but you never know!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Some of the issues is system. Daley Blind didn't fit at Man U because the other defenders and midfielders weren't dynamic or work in a specific system. I don't think Daley would work here but he isn't a bad footballer and wouldn't be out of place in a Top 4 team. Tadic also had tons of assists here in the prem. His last season with Southampton he had something like 10 or 11 assists. He was providing service for strikers that weren't very good at Southampton.

20 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Some of the issues is system. Daley Blind didn't fit at Man U because the other defenders and midfielders weren't dynamic or work in a specific system. I don't think Daley would work here but he isn't a bad footballer and wouldn't be out of place in a Top 4 team. Tadic also had tons of assists here in the prem. His last season with Southampton he had something like 10 or 11 assists. He was providing service for strikers that weren't very good at Southampton.

The latter is a very good point, Shane Long for example would struggle to score in a brothel.

Always thought Tadic was a more than decent player at Southampton.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

I don't claim to be ITK on any Leicester City dealings, however I have just been told a story by Rob, my work mate, (a Man Utd fan for his sins).

Rob used to live opposite Che Adams (yeah, he's not a Manc!!) and his boy used to have a kick about with him from time to time. They met up with him recently at a party and were invited to go to watch any Birmingham match as Che's guest ("except the Villa"). He went to see them play Derby on Good Friday (2-2 draw) and met up with some of Che'ss family after the game, they were talking and his mum was bemoaning the state of the tiny player's lounge at their ground when Rob said he'd probably be enjoying much better facilities at somewhere like Southampton next season, but Che's mum said that their preference would be for him to go to Leicester, for family reasons...

Doubt that will sway his (or his agent's) decision and obviously they can't make us bid for him, but you never know!

I'm pretty sure if we wanted him the only thing that would stop us is less first team opportunities. For the price we'd be mad not to be in for him but there's not much to suggest we are.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

The latter is a very good point, Shane Long for example would struggle to score in a brothel.

Always thought Tadic was a more than decent player at Southampton.

Tadic was absolutely class, his form dipped slightly towards the end probably because he was sick of playing with pure muck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, talking_goldfish said:

enjoyed reading this made up story. Thankyou

• Like 1

Quick note on Dolberg, he's been struggling to get into the team for a couple of years now, my Dad met him briefly in a cafe (not a fun one) in Amsterdam and mentioned supporting Leicester, Dolberg's hero is none other than our very own Kasper and says he loves playing with him on international duty.

There's obviously reasons he's not breaking through, but if he was someone we were after we've got a good connection there already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Marsellies Lucas Ocampos has been playing great this season and I believe will huge plage player in 2 to 3 seasons. 

We should sign him up before Everton or Spurs buy him. 

West Ham too?

On 01/05/2019 at 16:16, Simoken said:

enjoyed reading this made up story. Thankyou

Doesn’t sound made up, sounds like the Grandma doesn’t want to have to travel to Southampton to see the Grandson. 

Which will have zero bearing on any transfer lol

On 01/05/2019 at 13:23, Gerard said:

This has also worked for Dortmund and is the best way we can compete. 

Tielemens, obviously, then some youngish British players that can develop, such as Jarrod Bowen, Bradley Dack, Che Adams.

Itll be expensive, but we can offload a few players and build stronger squad depth to push for the top 6/7th and a decent cup run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Tielemens, obviously, then some youngish British players that can develop, such as Jarrod Bowen, Bradley Dack, Che Adams.

Itll be expensive, but we can offload a few players and build stronger squad depth to push for the top 6/7th and a decent cup run.

Bradley Dack? Give me 10 reasons why? 

On a different point, Forrest won the PFA player of the year award up here last night.

Take this with a pinch of salt but also heard at the weekend, from someone with a source inside the club that we are close to getting Benkovic on loan for another season.  As much as I'd love this to be the case I hope if true it's not a sweetener because we've agreed to sell you McGregor or Forrest or someone like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2