Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Top loans the club 100 million, middle finger up to FFP, we go out and buy Tielemans, McGregor, van de Beek, Mitrovic. I can already see it

No point in doing that if you want to qualify for Europe ...........

mind you, we haven’t exactly spent a fortune over the past few windows ........ 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No point in doing that if you want to qualify for Europe ...........

mind you, we haven’t exactly spent a fortune over the past few windows ........ 

It was a small jest, but isn't their first port of call a transfer ban anyway?

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t know how reliable Alan Nixon is but he’s making some bald statements on Twitter right now.... claiming there’s going to be one or two big surprises & that we will be one of the top 3 spenders in the Prem come end of the window. 

Probably the most reliable journo on Twitter... he works for the sun sadly but he’s rarely wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I saw those tweets too. 

If true, and we're going big this summer, I really hope we spend it wisely. 

Incredible if there's truth to them. And he's talking about the calibre of player we're after being the likes of Ziyech and Neres.

Wonder if that means we're back in for Bailey like before, or Ziyech (though I know he rejected us before)?

I do think if we can secure Tielemans then it may set off a chain reaction. It sets out our intent and I think would make us look more attractive a proposition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Incredible if there's truth to them. And he's talking about the calibre of player we're after being the likes of Ziyech and Neres.

Wonder if that means we're back in for Bailey like before, or Ziyech (though I know he rejected us before)?

I do think if we can secure Tielemans then it may set off a chain reaction. It sets out our intent and I think would make us look more attractive a proposition.

Tielemans would show our intent for sure. We'd have a better chance of keeping Maguire and Chilwell too. If we can nab another marquee signing as a result, then we're really going for it.

Top probably realises that a manager like Rodgers needs to be backed or he could be off as soon as a bigger club comes calling.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t know how reliable Alan Nixon is but he’s making some bald statements on Twitter right now.... claiming there’s going to be one or two big surprises & that we will be one of the top 3 spenders in the Prem come end of the window. 

Brendan is a coy Manager no way would he come here if we weren’t prepared to back him, I can see us spending a lot of money. But other clubs may be more enticing propositions, but I feel if we can bring one or two higher calibre players like Tielemans in addition to our team. We have the potential to finish in the Top 6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

If villa fail to promote the time would be right to get grealish

He's too similar to Maddison, and quite frankly id prefer to keep him than take a gamble on Grealish. Theyre both too lightweight to have both in a team

33 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

No thanks 

No thanks???????.

Sometimes I underestimate the stupidity of people.

Grealish is a very good player equal to maddison who can also play RW.

Realistically he would walk into 70% of teams in the premier league

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's too similar to Maddison, and quite frankly id prefer to keep him than take a gamble on Grealish. Theyre both too lightweight to have both in a team

Nothing wrong with lightweight its proving to be more efficient and effective lately in the premier league 

11 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Nothing wrong with lightweight its proving to be more efficient and effective lately in the premier league 

Nothing wrong with it at all, but as we've seen the lower half focus on strength and physicality, meaning we could be massively pushed off in these games.

We lack that height and physical presence at times and do get bullied in some games.

31 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No thanks???????.

Not being funny, but the bottom 70% of the Premier League is the bottom 14 teams. If we want to finish in the top 6, we need top 6 players....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Not being funny, but the bottom 70% of the Premier League is the bottom 14 teams. If we want to finish in the top 6, we need top 6 players....

You cant just sign top 6 players you have to earn that right.

Or are you one of those that think we are bigger than we actually are and have the right to say we can sign anyone

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

You cant just sign top 6 players you have to earn that right.

Or are you one of those that think we are bigger than we actually are and have the right to say we can sign anyone

We need to compliment the players we have. I think we can finish in the top 6 next season. Or are you one of those that think we are only Leicester we should be happy with a top ten finish?

We earn the right to sign top 6 type players by them seeing we have players of the calibre of Maguire, Ricardo, chilwell, maddison and Vardy and that we are managed by Rodgers. That will help.

27 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

We need to compliment the players we have. I think we can finish in the top 6 next season. Or are you one of those that think we are only Leicester we should be happy with a top ten finish?

We earn the right to sign top 6 type players by them seeing we have players of the calibre of Maguire, Ricardo, chilwell, maddison and Vardy and that we are managed by Rodgers. That will help.

No I'm a realist thou.

Just because you break into the top 6 once you still are not a top 6 team.

You have to do this season after season to be considered a top 6 team.

But surely you know this ??? I'm hoping you do!

When we were crowned champions we was not looked at as the best team in England we was still Leicester the mid table team

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

No I'm a realist thou.

Just because you break into the top 6 once you still are not a top 6 team.

You have to do this season after season to be considered a top 6 team.

But surely you know this ??? I'm hoping you do!

When we were crowned champions we was not looked at as the best team in England we was still Leicester the mid table team

I understand what you are saying. My point is that we have to try and sign a couple of high calibre players if we want to move up the table. If we don't, we won't progress. This is the best opportunity for a while for teams to break in to the top 4-6.

Guest SO1
55 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I understand what you are saying. My point is that we have to try and sign a couple of high calibre players if we want to move up the table. If we don't, we won't progress. This is the best opportunity for a while for teams to break in to the top 4-6.

We need players who can create goals goals and more goals. Everybody in the team has to contribute to more goals.

If Hamza and Ndidi are going to play together then they have to be goal threats. No one dimensional players. It's the only way we'll be top 6.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

No thanks???????.

I've watched a lot of villa games this season, and there's no way grealish is on par with maddison. Maddison is way ahead in the batting order for a full England cap, and rightly so,  and there's also no way they could play in the same team. 

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

No thanks???????.

Woah... over reaction... much?

Sorry to offend you as his agent 

• Like 2