Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How on earth has he only played 9 times for Scotland? Has he retired from International Duty, don't blame him if he has.

To put it bluntly, Gordon Strachan, he left him out of a two year period qualifying campaigns in favour of Barry f&£king Bannan and being the stubborn little man Strachan is the more the media, fans and everyone were up in arms about it the more stubborn he became in terms of not including him.

I wouldn't use caps for Scotland as a barometer tbh, the national team are a joke, most players don't even want to play for them and pull out of squads and/or retire.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

To put it bluntly, Gordon Strachan, he left him out of a two year period qualifying campaigns in favour of Barry f&£king Bannan and being the stubborn little man Strachan is the more the media, fans and everyone were up in arms about it the more stubborn he became in terms of not including him.

I wouldn't use caps for Scotland as a barometer tbh, the national team are a joke, most players don't even want to play for them and pull out of squads and/or retire.

I don't, was just intrigued why it was. It seems to have been the case with a number of other players as well. There's proven PL Scottish players with very few caps in comparison. Might be behind why Scotland have been so crap over the years, play your best players!!! Hahahaaaa

• Like 1

15 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Guy on the Celtic forum I'm on, seems to have a decent source at the club and is right more often than he's wrong when he airs things believes Calum McGregor is pushing for a move to Leicester in the summer as Rodgers wants him, I'd imagine he'd cost at least £15m but I'm hoping we'd get nearer £20m for him.  I can see there being an element of truth in this one as Rodgers loved him and turned him into the player he is today, he was largely a fringe player before Rodgers arrived.

I'd be disappointed to lose him as he is a terrific player but if we got £15-20m for him it would be good business for us as it's an area we are pretty strong and would add to the funds we already have to strengthen areas where we are pretty weak.  Also if we got Benkovic for another year (unlikely I know) as part of any deal I'd drive him down there myself!

In terms of what you guys would be getting with McGregor.  A very comfortable and accomplished footballer and technically excellent, never wastes a pass and it's not sideways passing like a lot of midfielders these days he attacks and exploits space very well with his passing and running ability.  Where he would fit in, in your side I don't know, particularly if you sign Tielemens, the thing about McGregor however is he is equally effective playing in a deep playmaking position as he is in an advanced attacking midfield role.  

Please let it be true. My favorite Celtic player. Everything you say is true. He would strengthen the squad greatly and compete for left/right back and advanced midfielder positions.

That goal in the Champions League against Bayern Munich lives forever in my mind. Out of all the players at Celtic he's the one I'd like to see here the most.

15mil is perfectly reasonable.:brendan_still: The new Joe Allen with more offence.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

He played 14 times and was in the same Squad as Luis Suarez and Sturridge when he was also on fire. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but I don’t think he had a fair crack of the whip either. 

That's true. At Liverpool he looked lite weight and could not handle the physicality of the league. He looks like a totally different person over the past 3 or 4 years, stronger.

It doesn't make sense that Rodgers would want him here as now is the time to find an understudy to the Master. For the right price however............if he doesn't see it happening with Nacho.

I love Iago. Maybe things might have been different if he had not run into the buzzsaw that was Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling with 69 goals.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Please let it be true. My favorite Celtic player. Everything you say is true. He would strengthen the squad greatly and compete for left/right back and advanced midfielder positions.

That goal in the Champions League against Bayern Munich lives forever in my mind. Out of all the players at Celtic he's the one who I think can make the transition to the insane tempo of the Premier League.

15mil is perfectly reasonable.:brendan_still: The new Joe Allen with more offence.

8 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

This post is bang on the money.

Can he play RW? 

Not saying we should sign him to play in that position, but could he slot in there when we have injuries / suspensions? 

33 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Can he play RW? 

Not saying we should sign him to play in that position, but could he slot in there when we have injuries / suspensions? 

More of a midfield player with his passing and control of the ball. Only remember seeing him fill in as left back so I'm guessing he could play right. Never seen him play the wing. He is right footed.

Sure he'd play wherever Rodgers told him to. I think he's a very talented all around player. Henrik 62 should be able to help you out more.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is who we will go for if we don't get Tielemans, is he anywhere near as effective as him? Likely not, but if he can create enough forward passes to the attackers then he'd be more than good enough for us. I've not seen enough of him, how's he faired when against the best in Europe?

Truth be told I personally can see us getting 2 players in that role with one of them being Tielemans. If one of them gets injured or suspended we have no alternatives to step in that role.

If we make moves for:

David Neres

Ziyech

Van De Beek

surely we will end up with one of them. 2 of them into our current crop of players gives you top 6 imo, I know it won’t happen but christ these are some serious talent.

Could you imagine a city side consisting of:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire 

Chilly

Ndidi

Madders

Tielemans

Ziyech

Vardy

Neres

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we make moves for:

David Neres

Ziyech

Van De Beek

surely we will end up with one of them. 2 of them into our current crop of players gives you top 6 imo, I know it won’t happen but christ these are some serious talent.

Could you imagine a city side consisting of:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire 

Chilly

Ndidi

Madders

Tielemans

Ziyech

Vardy

Neres

:crylaugh:What?

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we make moves for:

David Neres

Ziyech

Van De Beek

surely we will end up with one of them.

We would?

I say if we make moves for Messi, Suarez and Coutinho, surely we'd end up with one of them.  Make it happen, Rudders.

And stop calling my Shirley.

14 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Can he play RW? 

The early part of his career he played wide right so could slot in there if needs be.  The thing with him is he's so versatile we'd need to sign 2-3 players to properly replace him.

He's actually naturally left footed but is also very good on his right also.

Edited by henrik_62

7 hours ago, Keiriel said:

It might be a longshot, but considering the shitshow that is PSG at the moment, I'd heavily consider making an offer for Draxler.

He's got a really bad attitude. Some of the comments he made whilst trying to force a move out of Schalke were really offensive to the fans. 

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we make moves for:

David Neres

Ziyech

Van De Beek

really? really?

we dont stand a chance of getting any of them, we could have got one of them last season but after how each one of them has performed this season in the champions league we dont have a chance of getting any of them

think Ziyech might have a release clause of around £25mil, but then again we'd be at the back of the queue for him

8 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

He's got a really bad attitude. Some of the comments he made whilst trying to force a move out of Schalke were really offensive to the fans. 

Agreed, he's the sort of player I could see bombing in the EPL or being a bit of a luxury player a la Ozil.

I don't think he would be Rodgers' cup of tea either, doesn't work hard enough off the ball.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

really? really?

we dont stand a chance of getting any of them, we could have got one of them last season but after how each one of them has performed this season in the champions league we dont have a chance of getting any of them

think Ziyech might have a release clause of around £25mil, but then again we'd be at the back of the queue for him

Real Madrid quoted as being interested in Ziyech in last few days, Barcelona and Spurs looking at Van De Beekapparently and you'd imagine Neres will have his pick of clubs.

Financially these players may be within your reach but they'll likely all have offers from Champions League clubs that they'd be more inclined to take.

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we make moves for:

David Neres

Ziyech

Van De Beek

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what planet are you from? did  you wake up one morning smelling LCFC being a top3 team.

The only Ajax players we could now attract would be the ones that haven't really been part of their phenomenal rise. Kasper Dolberg might be about the limit. 

Even though Ziyech, Neres etc will all be on less than what we would pay them they will get moves to top clubs if they want it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The only Ajax players we could now attract would be the ones that haven't really been part of their phenomenal rise. Kasper Dolberg might be about the limit. 

Even though Ziyech, Neres etc will all be on less than what we would pay them they will get moves to top clubs if they want it.

What has happend to Dolberg, remember a couple of years ago a lot of hype around him and him being thought of as the jewel in the Ajax crown.  Not kicked on or something?

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

The early part of his career he played wide right so could slot in there if needs be.  The thing with him is he's so versatile we'd need to sign 2-3 players to properly replace him.

He's actually naturally left footed but is also very good on his right also.

Even Transfermarket makes mistakes. How can that be possible.:)