Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Agreed. Buy cheap, buy twice. 

The only time we should be spending significant money on players is for first team players or high quality youngsters. Signing unremarkable players in their mid 20's rarely works. I remember feeling quite chuffed with Puel for selling Musa and Iborra for good money and actively trying to get rid of Slimani, Benalouane, King, etc. I thought he's doing a good job getting rid of players who were deadwood to us and then we spend £25m on Ghezzal and Ward who looked bad value signings before they even got here. You get rid of one batch of deadwood then spend £25m bringing in another batch. 

I know someone who spoke to Jakupovic a couple of weeks a go at the end of season awards and he was pissed off how the club have treated him. He came here to be No2 and the club didn't honour that according to him. For me he was an ideal No2, he was a first team GK in the PL for Hull and has always looked very capable every time he has played for us. He was a cheap buy that wouldn't let you down. I don't know why we felt we needed to spend big money on a player to take his position?

Danny Ward was a needless signing, Jak in my opinion is more than good enough as a number 2 but he's seemingly pissed off a number of people at Leicester or has been treated incredibly harshly, probably a bit of both. Ward is a decent keeper but the price cannot be justified right now and to do so flippantly goes against everything this club is supposedly trying to do.

• Like 2

Nah, not aimed at anyone, more the collective. It’s this time of year we hear all the ‘what a waste of money X was...’

(Like it ain’t gonna happen again!)

Guess the dangerous ones are those like Nacho...(What a coup)

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you kidding me? Liverpool are masters at getting huge fees for players they don't want, you only have to look at what we chucked at Danny Ward or what Bournemouth paid for Ibe and Solanke.

Ok,they'll be queuing up to throw an un-weighted 25mill, we'll see .

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I hope not. He is not an upgrade on Gray at present. Lot of better players around Europe for comparable sums. 

I've been impressed with him, set piece master but then again so is Maddison. He is a very versatile player as well, I think we need a winger, striker and 2 new central midfielders. Wilson covers a few positions and if we got him and Tielemans we could probably just get a striker and be about done.

Andy Carroll when fit, he is very very effective at what he does.  It's what we lack.  

At 30, he's probably looking for one more payday and probably knows he's got to be second fiddle or a plan B for someone.  Are we the perfect match?

However, would you trust a man

1) with such a bad injury history

2) with a front room like this

ac.PNG

This occurred to me earlier ...... we don’t need someone who can play every week and he is definitely a plan B when he is  available .....if we can get him on a play as you are fit to play type deal then I can’t see much of a downside ........

Edited by st albans fox

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

watch this space guys.

better than Slimani?  Better than Ulloa? (I love that guy -  I miss his song)

The agents of free agents are clever people. They know who to contact at the right time.  

Lampost. Sturridge surely.

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Andy Carroll when fit, he is very very effective at what he does.  It's what we lack.  

At 30, he's probably looking for one more payday and probably knows he's got to be second fiddle or a plan B for someone.  Are we the perfect match?

However, would you trust a man

1) with such a bad injury history

2) with a front room like this

ac.PNG

If John Terry was locked away in a room with my Missus id have more faith in him trying not to shag her then i would in that oaf ever being match fit.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2