Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Can someone fill me in on what Nixon has got right?

The Rodgers stuff came from the Sun in Scotland due to their links at Celtic. I’m not sure how much other stuff he’s ever got right?!?

As for Cockshaw... ffs.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The Rodgers stuff came from the Sun in Scotland due to their links at Celtic. I’m not sure how much other stuff he’s ever got right?!?

As for Cockshaw... ffs.

Bit of a boob from Nixon there replying to a cockshaw quote. However I’ve followed Nixon on twitter for years and most of the stuff he tweets comes good. As far as a journo is concerned he seems very well connected.

However for our news id still rather wait for Percy 

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As for Cockshaw... ffs.

Sadly he called Ghezzal to us in about mid June, heinous.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sadly he called Ghezzal to us in about mid June, heinous.

The Lyon president said we wanted him in    2016... that’s scary because our scouts might have given him the thumbs up and not just Puel.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Iborra, Okazaki, Simpson, Benalouane all gone in the last season. Highly doubt binning further fringe players are holding up signing players, if it is then expect a slow and boring summer as they tend to go right at the last minute and we are adamant we aren't selling anyone we want to keep. Also goes against the likes of Alan Nixon who claims we are spending big.

Was Nixon involved in Drinkwatergate? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The Lyon president said we wanted him in    2016... that’s scary because our scouts might have given him the thumbs up and not just Puel.

Just imagine if we'd signed him in 2016 - that window would have been even more amazing. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Checking back it was doing the rounds in France about Ghezzal (and on here) before he mentioned it.

Probably, it just seemed odd at the time that only The Sun seemed to report it. They also said it would only be £5m and sadly it was over double that!

22 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Reading on lunch that Harry Wilson apparently wants to leave Liverpool on a permanent basis this summer.  Would be amazed if Rodgers wasn't at the front of the queue for him.

And Liverpool want £25m for him... insane.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Insane indeed, by the other side of the coin, not far off the going rate for young players down in your league though.  For example, if someone tried to come in and get Barnes I'd imagine you guys would be wanting about £20m, would that be accurate?

4 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Villa fans really are going to be fun this summer...lol

1BC80131-24CF-437A-8A77-E2165313F36D.png

Reminds me when an ex Wolves player said last summer that Wolves should go for Vardy. State of some of there clubs ffs...

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Insane indeed, by the other side of the coin, not far off the going rate for young players down in your league though.  For example, if someone tried to come in and get Barnes I'd imagine you guys would be wanting about £20m, would that be accurate?

I'd imagine we'd want more because we don't want to sell, so you set a "scare them off" price.  Liverpool have no interest in the player actually playing for them, I think that's where it differs. In terms of value based on what they've actually done, £20m and £25m is laughable for both. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We paid just shy of that for Maddison after a similar season at Norwich, sadly it seems to be about the going rate. A huge gamble really.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Reminds me when an ex Wolves player said last summer that Wolves should go for Vardy. State of some of there clubs ffs...

I was having a look through some other Premier League team forums and Wolves have people suggesting the signing of Sergio Ramos. Granted most say it's a ridiculous proposition, and some say they would actively turn him down.

Sheffield United and Norwich on the other hand have topics about Waghorn and Dwight Gayle. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We paid just shy of that for Maddison after a similar season at Norwich, sadly it seems to be about the going rate. A huge gamble really.

Yeah this is exactly what I was meaning, it is insane in the wider scheme of things but as far as the EPL bubble goes it's pretty much the norm for these sort of guys.

Just now, David Guiza said:

I was having a look through some other Premier League team forums and Wolves have people suggesting the signing of Sergio Ramos. Granted most say it's a ridiculous proposition, and some say they would actively turn him down.

Sheffield United and Norwich on the other hand have topics about Waghorn and Dwight Gayle. 

This guy was utterly useless in Scotland, absolutely terrible.

• Like 1